Incoming? Callum Chambers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’d like that. Covers a few positions on the right hand side (RCB, RCM) and can also play CDM. If it’s a choice of Chambers and Holgate, I’d probably lean Chambers.

Who’s saying we’re in for him?

👀 🙌 🙌 👀 👍 🙌 etc

Would be a serious signing, and not cheap.

I suspect he's one of a few loan options. We will then base any additional permanent business around which loan we secure.

I’d like that. Covers a few positions on the right hand side (RCB, RCM) and can also play CDM. If it’s a choice of Chambers and Holgate, I’d probably lean Chambers.

Who’s saying we’re in for him?

Here?

A yes from me. Someone able to play RCM when CW reverts to a flatter 3 in midfield (as he's tended to do often during pre-season) is probably the biggest gap in the squad. Although I think Lundstram is an underrated deputy for Norwood, I don't like him at all playing wider.

Just read that Chambers made his debut coming on as a sub for....... Dean Hammond. Hope he's not permanently scarred by being behind that fellow in the football food chain.

Wouldn't really need anyone else if we signed him. Any further signings would be luxuries.

He can play every right sided position for us and would also cover LCB better than anybody we have.

Ideal for the much loved 'flat 3' whether in the right or central role but I think he'd probably come to replace Norwood in the normal setup too.

Source?

I’d be delighted if we signed him though. Mentioned him on here a few weeks back as a suggestion.

Would be an instant starter, adding quality and versatility to the side.

He’d also have just 2 years left on his contract at the end of the season to line up a purchase if the loan is a success.
Could be a great signing both short and longer term and fits with reducing the average age with similar players, technically better and younger to those who have gotten us where we are.

Calum Chambers

Back from Fulham, with whom he played in midfield, Chambers could be one of the great beneficiaries of Koscileny's desire to leave and any offers for Mustafi.

Signed as a versatile young defender from Southampton capable of playing at right-back, centre-back and in defensive midfield, at 24 he is at a make or break moment in his Arsenal career.

0_Chambers.jpg

The opportunities should be there if he can take them, especially for a player with his qualities.

Chambers was supposed to become a cool-headed, intelligent defender to make the most of playing out from the back. It is time he showed that he can still be that player, especially as an alternative to Mustafi.

Certainly be a coup.

You'd think better teams than us would be in for him if available.

I'd be really happy with either Chambers, Amartey or Holgate.

Holgate has the most pace and is comfortable at RB as well as RCB.

Amartey can comfortable play at RCB as well as CM.

Chambers is the more solid CB and made 31 appearances in the prem for Fulham last season.

All 3 are very versatile though.

Heard this one a couple of weeks back. Hard to see us getting it over the line but would be a great use of the loan spot.

Must admit don’t anything about him but he sounds pretty good in the following on Wiki.

On 7 August 2018, Chambers signed with fellow Premier League side Fulham on a season long loan.[31] Chambers went on to win the 2018–19 Fulham Player of the Season award, with 48.4 per cent of the votes - more than three times any other player nominated.[32]

He started today against Barcelona. He was actually made captain in a previous warm up game, so seems to be back in the fold at Arsenal currently.

Back
Top Bottom