By 2pm next Sunday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Camden Blade

Reaction score
We could be a Premier League team.

Beat Ipswich, Leeds fail to beat Villa at midday on Sunday and we will be officially promoted.

That's incredible. Should it happen it will be an interesting close season. The Prince will be desperate to take control. Premier League status and all that. And McCabe will want to ensure stability and sensible investment.
But worry about that when the time comes. Right now it's all about next weekend. The glory! It's what makes it all worthwhile. Where else would you rather be next Saturday evening at 5.15pm!

We could be a Premier League team.

Beat Ipswich, Leeds fail to beat Villa at midday on Sunday and we will be officially promoted.!

The official promoted bit doesn’t bother me because
Say we only beat Ipswich 1-0 and Leeds beat Villa 1-0.

Then if we lose by 1 goal against Stoke that means that Leeds would need to beat Ipswich by 10 goals.
Even if we lose 4-0 to Stoke, then Leeds would still need to win by 5 clear goals.
Basically beat Ipswich and it’s all over....i’ll certainly be celebrating our promotion.

The official promoted bit doesn’t bother me because
Say we only beat Ipswich 1-0 and Leeds beat Villa 1-0.

Then if we lose by 1 goal against Stoke then Leeds would need to beat Ipswich 10-0.
Even if we lose 4-0 to Stoke, then Leeds would still need to win by 5 clear goals.
Basically beat Ipswich and it’s all over....i’ll certainly be celebrating our promotion.
Purely out of interest, what are the official rules nowadays if two sides are level on points and GD?

I'd much rather we be promoted at Stoke.

I'd much rather we be promoted at Stoke.
Why? Surely being promoted at a packed Bramall Lane would be better? Reminds me of the Peterbrough at home, Darlington away games in 1982. Maybe win the title at Stoke! Really it's academic. Beat Ipswich and we're as good as up.

Why? Surely being promoted at a packed Bramall Lane would be better? Reminds me of the Peterbrough at home, Darlington away games in 1982. Maybe win the title at Stoke! Really it's academic. Beat Ipswich and we're as good as up.
I see where he’s coming from with it.
We win next Saturday and it’s only the fans celebrating.

Win it at Stoke and everyone is celebrating together, team and fans
With the added bonus that if we needed to win at Stoke it would be shown live on TV, more fans get to watch it.. it could also be a ‘take a pig mate to the pub with you day’

Back
Top Bottom