Outgoing? Burton Albion after a Loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Surprised they didn't go for Coutts. I'd expect Heneghan and Clarke to go to Champ clubs and Carruthers and Holmes to move to southern based clubs so perhaps Evans or Wright are the most likely options and both would probably do jobs for them

Wonder if Trevor is trevor of bladesmad fame and serial Clough follower has something to comment on?

I know this is ridiculous but some of their fans think it's Duffy returning. Anyone know why he wasn't at Northampton?

Fuck Burton.

Give them...... wait, we haven't got anyone bad enough I'd be happy to give Clough.

Here's one

I know "Wilder doesn't do sentiment" but he reeled out that Prescot Cables to Anfield line about 30 times after the Stoke game.

If Mark Duffy starts in a yellow shirt in 2 weeks I'll genuinely feel gutted for the lad.

I know "Wilder doesn't do sentiment" but he reeled out that Prescot Cables to Anfield line about 30 times after the Stoke game.

If Mark Duffy starts in a yellow shirt in 2 weeks I'll genuinely feel gutted for the lad.
Yes, it can't be right. It's implausible in the extreme.

I'd feel more sorry for myself rather than Duffy. Probably my favourite player of the Wilder era so far. For me he deserves a to start vs Bournemouth.

I would assume now he's (at least) 3rd choice. I feel he should at least be prominent at the beginning of the season for continuity's sake and not to put too much pressure on Freeman. What he does he can do at the top level, even if it's only in spells. Send them Ched, in a lovely bow.

Here's one

I don’t like the sound of Duffys absence, wouldn’t be surprised to see him move on, possibly even before Bournemouth.

But, I’m sorry, he’s way too good for Burton Albion and could probably have his pick of Championship clubs.

Last edited:
I hope not. He was up there for most assists for United last season. He can still make an impact for me

He wasn’t deemed surplus to requirements, he was only on loan at Burton. He went back to Birmingham at the end of the season.
I know he was on loan. Burton gained promotion to the Championship with Duffy in their ranks. He played a major part in that and was named in the PFA team of the year.

Technically he didn’t “return to Birmingham” as his contract was up and they’d decided against renewing. You’d have expected Burton/Clough to snap him up, given Duffy’s/their success. They didn’t, hence deemed surplus. 👍🏽

Would be madness to let him go when we don’t need to - he’s easily my favorite player to watch

Duffy has fought his way back into the side on more than one occasion and comprehensively beaten out the highly touted dowell and Woodburn in the last year alone

I’m sure he’d back himself to do the same again given how key his is to how we play. Why wouldn’t he wait until January at least before seeing how the season plays out - he’s not gonna get another chance at PL football or to play at anfield for example. Yeah

I would be amazed if Duffy doesn't get a shot in the PL under Wilder. I know that sentiment is never an issue under this regime, and nor should it be BUT Wilder made a huge point of pointing out the 'Prescot Cables to playing in front of Liverpool's Kop' narrative about Duffy when we got promoted.
Unless Mark has asked for this [highly doubtful imo] then I just don't see it happening. He will still be in and around the matchday squad most of the time and will play his part. The lad has PL level skill and close control, with a fabulous footballing brain.

I call BS!

Back
Top Bottom