Match Thread Burnley vs Sheffield United - 5th July 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BUR
BUR
BUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1593773046719.png v. 1593773053761.png
EPL Week 33 - Sunday 5th July 2020 - Turf Moor

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/burnley-vs-sheffield-united.497/

Officials:

Referee:
Peter Bankes
Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick
Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin
Fourth Official: Anthony Taylor
Video Assistant Referee: Stuart Attwell
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Replacement Official: Chris Isherwood

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 11.44.56.png

Tough game. They're on a decent run of form and tight at the back. Could be close.

Relief to see JOC back hope he's truly fit but doesn't need to be used.

Their right hand side is all weak and they have a left midfielder playing at left back

I really fancy the resurgent Blades to get a comfortable win today - we made Burnley look like such utter, utter dross back in November, I find it hard to see them keeping us out today.

There we go, jinxed it.

This is a BIG game today given results elsewhere this weekend and how close Burnley are to us.

We'll need to be right at it because they'll be well up for it.

COYRAWW

It's blowing a gale. Could be a lottery with lots of errors. Jack Robinson's throw, with the wind behind him, could be awesome.

Anybody explain why the handball is not a penalty?

Egan “attempt” made me chuckle!
Playing really well!
Fancy us!

There seemed to be a second hand ball after the first which blocked the shot - don’t seem to be showing that one in replays though.

Should be at least one goal up and playing really well again.

Far too many good chances being wasted here and we will probably suffer at some point because of it. Much the better side though.

Not a bad performance but we’ve not looked like converting any chances even though we’ve had at least 4 opportunities. Still reckon we can claw something back. Poor goal to concede too.

Can still win this game, provided we are more clinical with the chances we create.

Daft goal to give away as McBurnie switched off in his defensive duties. Can't afford to to that at this level.

Bad scoreline but at least we’re showing plenty of signs that we’re back to our pre lock down standards. Encouraging stuff.

Stupid defending with that free kick from McBurnie. Just step forward and he's clearly offside.

Think we’ve played pretty well to be honest, and I wouldn’t expect us to make any changes. We’ve attacked well, but simply haven’t taken some decent chances and then switched off from their free-kick.

Back
Top Bottom