Broadbent

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How's Coulibaly doing at the moment?

Wilder made comments in his post-match interview last night that more-or-less confirm that Sander Berge will be trying to find a new club this Summer. We might, therefore, look to bring Coulibaly in to replace him ahead of schedule...
Coulibaly is having a dip in form last few weeks which I guess is normal for a 19 year old. He has been benched a couple of the last games also today in our 2-1 away win in Genk. So if you look him play now you would not say he is ready, not even for Championship level but after a rest in the summer I am sure he will find his feet again. Broadbent not in match selection anymore. It’s good for him to have the experience of a different country and football culture but nothing more than that unfortunately.

Coulibaly is having a dip in form last few weeks which I guess is normal for a 19 year old. He has been benched a couple of the last games also today in our 2-1 away win in Genk. So if you look him play now you would not say he is ready, not even for Championship level but after a rest in the summer I am sure he will find his feet again. Broadbent not in match selection anymore. It’s good for him to have the experience of a different country and football culture but nothing more than that unfortunately.
That’s because he’s nowhere near good enough. Nothing but a political exercise between United World, or whatever the branding is.

That’s because he’s nowhere near good enough. Nothing but a political exercise between United World, or whatever the branding is.
It astounds me how much you know about every single United player, even down to u-8's.

Maybe you are Chris Wilder?

Didn’t think it warranted a new thread and this is the most recent thread relating to our Belgian friends...
What a goal!

Thanks for posting that. Fantastic goal and celebration. Great way to end a bad spell. Hope we are launched again for a good end of season.

Where does Wilder say Berge is on his way looking for another club,not going anywhere unless some club is willing pay roughly what we paid.
He might want champions league but I doubt anyone will pay the fee to take him,
lots to prove yet and he also has to find his fitness which will need topping up after the enforced halt in his career due to injury.
If he's as good as he thinks he is he shouldnt have trouble and the fee in the region we would expect to be paid

He also lost the ball to give those matchfixers the 1-1. Looks out of his depth at this level. Don’t want to judge him on a couple of minutes but the limited minutes he received have been painful to watch. Not showing any ball retention or recuperation.
From what you say he's not had enough game time to make a proper opinion of him.5 minutes here and there what can you achieve in cameos of that nature.
Ok introduce him gradually but crikkey he hasnt hand a fair crack of the whip so far.

From what you say he's not had enough game time to make a proper opinion of him.5 minutes here and there what can you achieve in cameos of that nature.
Ok introduce him gradually but crikkey he hasnt hand a fair crack of the whip so far.
Correct, only in short game time the main objective probably is not to make a bad impression either. Just play some simple balls and show a good tackle but it was the opposite, playing some simple balls straight to the opposition and not able to catch an opponent out of possession. That does not mean he has no ability to become professional, just that he has not made a case to get more game time. When you come on when the team is leading 1-0 and you miss an easy pass immediately leading to 1-1 then that’s painful for all involved, both player and team.

Not nearly good enough to be at the level we want him to be at. Didn’t even establish himself at Rochdale.

That’s not to say the lad can’t have a very respectable career in the lower leagues, and good luck to him. I’d give him a free transfer with a huge sell on to whoever wants him, let him choose his destination.

Broadbent could be the new Ben Whiteman. Needs to go the Slater, Smith route I think. Arblaster and Neal look ahead of him, plus Coulibali coming back etc.

Broadbent could be the new Ben Whiteman. Needs to go the Slater, Smith route I think. Arblaster and Neal look ahead of him, plus Coulibali coming back etc.
Got to agree, was there Saturday and out of all the younger players Broadbent looked the furthest behind. Not just his error for the first goal, but just in general play.

Got to agree, was there Saturday and out of all the younger players Broadbent looked the furthest behind. Not just his error for the first goal, but just in general play.

I think if we’re in League 1, he gets a shout and develops. Arblaster looks like the new wonderkid from the academy, so that’s also an unfortunate outcome for him. These things happen, but I think he’ll need to go out and develop himself.

He's not going to get a shout when Seriki is ahead of him.

Whiteman had a very successful first loan spell in a similar standard. Broadbent has had 2 loan spells now and not even had a sniff in 2 shithouse sides.

He’s probably in contract and so we have to do right by him.

If I’m not wrong both he and Benelouan both came out of Man U so maybe we offered them a decent length of deal to secure them and lo and behold they just haven’t kicked on.

I’d be surprised if either are here in 12 months.

In his defence, he isn‘t a right wing back, but nevertheless you’d expect him to be able to hold his own in that position, which he certainly didn’t do at Scunthorpe. really needs to turn things around if he wants to get another contract.

At 22 no where near the first team after playing pre season. Not in the u21s team today either. Surely getting released?

At 22 no where near the first team after playing pre season. Not in the u21s team today either. Surely getting released?
He’s captained them thus far this season I’d hope we can sort him out with a club rather than outright releasing him. Can we still sell to non league outside the window?

Back
Top Bottom