Player Suggestion Britt Assombalonga

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Zero chance. Brit will command a multi-million pound fee and is interesting clubs like Boro, who have spending power. Move along.

We certainly can't afford his transfer fee and probably wouldn't surprise me if we can't afford all his wages on loan.

Anyway its a replacement/competitor for Duffy that is the first priority - then a striker in my opinion.

How did you manage to spell that when you got Sun Jihai wrong?

That's just an anglicised version of his Chinese name, there is no definitive version. Anyway, I'm up for believing it, we blew it last year in the JTW and I can't imagine the board and Wilder making the same mistake twice in successive years.

That's just an anglicised version of his Chinese name, there is no definitive version. Anyway, I'm up for believing it, we blew it last year in the JTW and I can't imagine the board and Wilder making the same mistake twice in successive years.
Britoli would be a great option on loan.

If we do sign him I’ll take no pleasure in watching people realise he’s no better than Sharp or Clarke and will have cost millions.

Firstly lets just call him Ass, It's a bind spelling it out every time.

Secondly your post illustrates exactly why we are where we are and have been for the last 40-odd years.

Secondly your post illustrates exactly why we are where we are and have been for the last 40-odd years.

You raise a pertinent point there about ‘small time thinking’ I think it’s a Sheffield thing.

Wilder said ont wireless yesterday he has submitted what we need to get us to next level, which is ultimately why I think we’ll lose Wilder at some point as he will want more than the board are prepared to sanction.

This is no dig at Kev or the Prince just saying that we simply can’t afford to compete.

This is no dig at Kev or the Prince just saying that we simply can’t afford to compete.

We can’t compete with Stoke or Villa. But we certainly can be more competitive. No doubt the £11m Brooks money (or £7.5 as that loan would suggest) is earmarked for running costs. So pittance again.

I said elsewhere yesterday we’ll lose Wilder on February 1st. It’s ‘the biggest window in recent memory’ for the third successive time.

We were rumoured to be in for him in the summer but Pulis wouldn't let anyone leave until replacements were brought in. It's plausible that we could be in for him again in January but we would surely be breaking the transfer record again?

Plausible? Yes

Likely? No

Boro signed him for £15m last year, he’s only 26/27. They’ll want most of that back. And why would they sell him to a playoff rival?

If true then likely to be a loan deal

Maybe they think he is crap ?

He’s got a decent track record at this level and Steve Gibson doesn’t do bad deals. Why would they take an £5m+ haircut? And why would they sell / punt a player on loan to a direct rival for the top 6?

If true,good signing for me...can't see it happening though.
Doesn't seem to get a run in the team for Pulis....under Monk at the start of last season 12 goals in 24 games,,and he would be more suited to how we play...i think we'd create chances for him.

We certainly can't afford his transfer fee and probably wouldn't surprise me if we can't afford all his wages on loan.

Anyway its a replacement/competitor for Duffy that is the first priority - then a striker in my opinion.

Not saying he is the answer or that we could even afford him, but we definitely need another Striker.
Sharp always scores in patches, he's going through one of his lean spells now.
Clarke hasn't hit form yet and is injured (not sure how long for).
McGoldrick just is not a finisher.
Washington does not look prolific enough (From what we have seen so far).

I agree we need a similar type of player to Duffy to help take some pressure of him.
He again is another player that goes through lean spells and when he does like Sharp our form suffers).
But i would say a Striker is equally important.

Well at least we've got our traditional transfer window saga sorted nice and early.

I look forward to us pretending we can sign him until the very end of the month.

He'd be our best striker but like Hogan, has had a bad knee injury previously so I wouldn't be keen on a big financial risk, even if significantly less than the idiotic amount Boro spent on him.

I notice with Rodley he's either KM or just a dinosaur. Some fans just want to clap with the same old shit every season :confused:

Back
Top Bottom