Bristol City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We might need to score 3 in this to get through, they are decent and will score one decent goal plus another from the obligatory gift from Rammers.

Bristol C are My 2nd least fav team because I moved down to Bristol when I was 8 and adopted Rovers as my 2nd team. I would love it if we beat them, love it.

Rovers fans were bang on when we played them away in L1.

I remember having a nice pre-match pint and a chinwag with them before the match.
And then later on as I was walking to the ground, I saw somebody running towards me full pelt, which put me on my guard. The bloke then stops and goes "here mate you dropped this outside the petrol station" as he handed me my £20 note! I was stunned by his honesty.
I've looked out for their results ever since.

City fans on the other hand have a bit of a Pig mentality about them as far as I can tell.

I remember having a nice pre-match pint and a chinwag with them before the match.
And then later on as I was walking to the ground, I saw somebody running towards me full pelt, which put me on my guard. The bloke then stops and goes "here mate you dropped this outside the petrol station" as he handed me my £20 note! I was stunned by his honesty.

City fans on the other hand have a bit of a Pig mentality about them as far as I can tell.
My lad was mascot that day for my two fav teams!

Bristol C are My 2nd least fav team because I moved down to Bristol when I was 8 and adopted Rovers as my 2nd team. I would love it if we beat them, love it.
My office (back in the days when that was a thing) had a few Bristol City fans so I’m also desperately hoping we turn them over, otherwise I’ll be carrying on working from home even after Covid.

almost guaranteed a cup winner has won vs two london clubs on their way?
Yeah after I posted it I realised it’s probably happened loads of times.

Maybe not vs both Bristol teams though!

Who will we be joining on 5 FA Cup wins when we get the trophy this year?

Wonder if any team has ever won the cup after beating two teams from the same city in the run?
Don't know but according to BBC, yesterday was the first time since 1902 that Southampton had knocked out the current holders of the FA Cup. They went on that year to reach the final, only to lose to...

Sheffield United

Now where are those straws I have been grasping for

One of my most favourite recent games, despite it ending 0-0 - friendly locals, watching the game from terracing, entertaining game with a nailbiting finish, decent pubs (allowing both sets of supporters in) etc.

I lived in Bristol for a year while I was growing up and even back then, there was a Massive-esque sense of entitlement amongst the Bristol City supporters, with the Bristol Rovers supporters generally bring more grounded. Mind you, they were playing at Twerton Park in Bath at the time having nearly gone bust, which may have been an influencing factor!

One of my most favourite recent games, despite it ending 0-0 - friendly locals, watching the game from terracing, entertaining game with a nailbiting finish, decent pubs (allowing both sets of supporters in) etc.

I lived in Bristol for a year while I was growing up and even back then, there was a Massive-esque sense of entitlement amongst the Bristol City supporters, with the Bristol Rovers supporters generally bring more grounded. Mind you, they were playing at Twerton Park in Bath at the time having nearly gone bust, which may have been an influencing factor!
Great pasties too at that 0-0 game.

My office (back in the days when that was a thing) had a few Bristol City fans so I’m also desperately hoping we turn them over, otherwise I’ll be carrying on working from home even after Covid.
I think COVID is going to be around for a long, long time - certainly long after we’ve finished with the Premiership.

I remember the 2-1 win at our place as well, they gave us one of the hardest games we had at the Lane that season and they travelled in decent numbers too.

Back
Top Bottom