Brighton Fulham West Brom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fulham are full of pace and physicality, which at times can bridge a lack of quality compared to opposition.

Wilder should take note, that's where this side is lacking.

Positive for me is that Brighton could have got something against City and Fulham should have beaten Spurs.....hope there that if we play as we did against the Toon we may nick something from one of those games.....a point in either could be priceless...

Who do you consider to be part off the relegation battle? do they look better than Burnley? Why are they favoured to stay up above Brighton
fulham are a better footballing team than burnley brighton palace and newcastle as well as being better than us and baggies

fulham are a better footballing team than burnley brighton palace and newcastle as well as being better than us and baggies

They're more open than Burnley, with players that have more individual quality.

But Burnley have the defensive quality to grind out games like Wilder did last season.
Fairly defensive and pragmatic, but it can get results, they've done so for multiple years now.

We get 3 points against an awful team who put us under no pressure & came to defend, they had a man sent off & we could not score from open play in 96 minutes, & suddenly we are getting enough points to stay up!

And some people say say that those of us who believe in God are in cloud cuckoo land!

MTLBWY

We get 3 points against an awful team who put us under no pressure & came to defend, they had a man sent off & we could not score from open play in 96 minutes, & suddenly we are getting enough points to stay up!

And some people say say that those of us who believe in God are in cloud cuckoo land!

MTLBWY
we forced them into a mistake when we kept attacking it ushually happens at some point weather thats a own goal a foul a handball or a defender off goal keeper making a silly mistake in open play

MTLBWY

Boooo, how dare you spoil new found hope with a dose of reality. Shame on you.

Burnley are definely better than Fulham as a team and Palace are 10 points ahead so if Fulham are better it's not shwoing. Fulham and Brighton have the same problem they keep getting draws while Burnley can knick that 1-0 victory here and there.

I seem to remember Wilder saying that he sets a short term, achievable goal. Then moves on to the next one. Towards the end of the league 1 season it was win promotion, then win the league, then get 100 points.

On that basis he's probably aiming at something like beating Derby's 11 points ASAP. Then to overtake whoever's just above us, and so on.

If it ends with us falling short, so be it, but at least we'll have given it a go.

We can set this one short term aim that somebody else brought up

12 points
Overtake the Baggies
Fa cup quater finals.

If we can do better than that we can but those are are aims if we have done the first 2 by the 24th or 25th games we can then go for survial as 5 off our last 7 games are against bottom 8 sides in fact except Spurs and Everton out last 9 or 10 or something like that seems to be bottom half and WBA and Fulham. If we can get 15 points maybe even 17 points before the final 7 which brings us to 20-22 we have a chance as I expect 31 could be enough but we need need either 2 wins and 4 draws or 3 wins and 1 draw

if I were wilder i'd tell the players those 3 objectives except the Derby one as they are well aware off it and after yesterday i find it quite unlikely we break Derbys records based on how we have been recently. I could see anywhere from 10 to 35 points being our final total. the 30-35 area gives us a fighting chance in my opinion with how bad the bottom teams are compared to midtable. US WBA Fulham and Brighton have 6 wins between us out of 69 games we have which isn't even a 10 percent win rate between the 4 teams. Fulhams win against WBA and WBAs against us come against each other the other 4 games between us have been draws all the ones invloving Brighton and Us v Fulham. Those 6 wins are the same amount off times we have played each other. That's how embarrsing the bottom teams have been this year. We have got 4 wins 4 wins out off 63 which is about 7 percent when we arn't playing each other. If you take Newcastle out who are the next worst team that halfs to 2/59. Us bottom 4 can literally not beat anybody but ourselfs and maybe Newcastle

that rounds to 3 percent. I think that alone shows the the the bottom 4 have 2 wins out off 59 against non bottom 5 teams. Us and WBA I can't see getting much apart from against each other Brighton Fulham Newcastle and maybe when another team like Leeds has a off day as they are really on and off

I know this isn't drectly related to the post but its worth making in my view and yes I've mentioned wages a few times I know! But re Fulham and Burnley, do our fans realise that their wage bill is 5 - 7 times more than ours? The article attached shows that our wage bill is the second lowest with Leeds lowest, but that's almost certainly wrong after their summer spending. According to the article we have a wage budget annualy of £3.5m and Fulham;s is £24m, West Brom's £12m and Burnley £21m. Fulham also have 6 players on loan and of their starting line-up from yesterdays match they had 8 new starters from last season's team! So that's what we're up against guys and quite frankly this team is punching well above it's weight! If we go down I'm confident we won't suffer the financial problems that other teams coming down with us are more likely to suffer because of their high wage bill, I'm thinking Brighton and/or Burnley in particular. Fulham would just revert mostly to the team that got promoted last time out and the 6 loan players would go back to their clubs.

So how will Fulham and West Brom shape up into next season?

Fulham
Likely Manager Scott Parker will remain.

Loans returning to Parent Club: Alphonse Areola(PSG), Joachim Anderson(Lyon), Ruben Loftus-Cheek(Chelsea), Mario Lemina(Southampton), Ademola Lookman(RB Leipzig), Josh Maja(Bordeaux), Ola Aina(Torino).

Out of Contract: Kevin MacDonald, Fabri, Tim Ream

Loans returning to Fulham: Marcus Bettinelli, Maxime Le Marchand, Alfie Mawson, Cyrus Christie, Steven Sessegnon, Stefan Johansen, Anthony Knockaert, Jean Michaël Seri, Neeskens Kebano, Aboubakar Kamara

This leaves:
G - Rodak, Bettinelli
D - Tete, Hector, Odoi, Adarabioyo Bryan, Kongola, Mawson, Robinson, Le Marchand, Christie, Sessegnon
M - Cairney, Reed, Onomah, Anguissa, Kebano, Seri, Johansen, Knockaert
F - Mitrovic ,Cordova-Reid, Cavaleiro, Kamara

I had convinced myself they would struggle with the loans they will lose but to be fair once you out back in the returning loan players, Bettinelli has just played a full season at Boro and can slot back in, you've got an entire defence returning, plus some very useful midfield players to go again. Plus Mitrovic and Cairney will be dangerous once more. In a weaker division, I'd tip them for top 2, especially as the owner has said he will back them.

West Brom
50/50 whether Big Sam remains. Wilder would be a possibe option if not.

Loans returning to Parent Club: Mbaye Diagne, Conor Gallagher, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Okay Yokuşlu

Out of contract: Lonergan, Ivanovich, Grosicki, Peltier, Gibbs, Robson-Kanu, Bartley, Townsend, Edwards

Loans Returning to WBA:
Griffiths, Palmer, Hegazi, Kipré, Harper, Field, Zohore, Austin

This leaves:
G - Johnson, Button, Griffiths, Palmer
D - Furlong, Ajayi, O'Shea, Hegazi, Kipré
M - Livermore, Phillips, Diangana, Pereira, Sawyers , Snodgrass, Harper, Field
F - Robinson, Grant, Zohore, Austin, Tulloch

A decent spine of players leaving plus you'd have to think someone would fancy Johnson in goal. It would be a very Burnley move to cash in on Pope and replace with Johnson with a year left on his contract. Likewise Pereira is an obvious target for a PL club. Imagine a Villa or Leeds type coming for him. They need a lot of work in defence and the team looks functional but not likely to blow anyone away in the forward department. I can see top 6 due to the weakness of the league but if a Bournemouth or Brentford or Swansea don't go up then they'll not be quaking in their boots at WBA dropping.

It just all makes the managerial appointment for us to be all the more crucial.

Doesn't seem right that two other teams that have made a fight of trying to stay up, suffer the same fate as our miserable shower.
Not much of a fight when they are 10 points behind the clubs above !
It looks as if it would have been possible to escape relegation this season with as little as 30/32 points !!

There are two or three decent sides left in the Championship as well as Fulham and WBA, so a top six finish will not be easy.
with the right manager in i think top 6 is realistic for us next season some players will go but the bulk of the squad should be good enough with a few additions to have a run at getting straight back up big gulf in class between the premier league and championship

with the right manager in i think top 6 is realistic for us next season some players will go but the bulk of the squad should be good enough with a few additions to have a run at getting straight back up big gulf in class between the premier league and championship
I agree but I don’t think I can cope with another play off final !

I agree but I don’t think I can cope with another play off final !
haha oh yes the dreaded play off finals we never seem to turn up for them know were low on confidence and new additions will be needed but the championship is so much weaker than the premier league and thats what gives me my biggest hope we can finish in the top 6

Back
Top Bottom