'Memries' Brighton away last season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
Coincidentally we are again playing them away on the Saturday before Christmas.
Our victory there last season was for me the high point of the season. We were fifth and we had won three games in a row. It was the last time pre lockdown we seemed to really give it a go against the opposition , we were poor against Watford at home on Boxing Day and even in our wins against West Ham, Bournemouth and Norwich, we were holding on.
I remember at Brighton we were all over them for the first half hour in particular, we had two goals ruled out by VAR, before Mcburnie scored.
I really hope that the sea air encourages us to find our old spirit tomorrow!

Why do certain people keep saying that we were rubbish after December it’s total bollocks. We went to Arsenal and played fantastic for a draw, beat West Ham Bournemouth and Norwich and Palace. Do people think we should have been just beating these teams anyway? Is that what we have now become a self entitled group of fans.

Every game in the PL is incredibly hard and we fought for everyone of those wins. By all means call us out for how poor we were in games after lockdown and this season but stop talking shit about playing crap after Christmas last season.

Our victory there last season was for me the high point of the season. We were fifth and we had won three games in a row. It was the last time pre lockdown we seemed to really give it a go against the opposition , we were poor against Watford at home on Boxing Day and even in our wins against West Ham, Bournemouth and Norwich, we were holding on.
I remember at Brighton we were all over them for the first half hour in particular, we had two goals ruled out by VAR, before Mcburnie scored.
... except that we are playing them on Sunday.

Why do certain people keep saying that we were rubbish after December it’s total bollocks. We went to Arsenal and played fantastic for a draw, beat West Ham Bournemouth and Norwich and Palace. Do people think we should have been just beating these teams anyway? Is that what we have now become a self entitled group of fans.

Every game in the PL is incredibly hard and we fought for everyone of those wins. By all means call us out for how poor we were in games after lockdown and this season but stop talking shit about playing crap after Christmas last season.
I didn't say we were rubbish after December but the performances against Burnley, Norwich, Villa, Brighton were more adventurous than the games in January /February. At Palace for example I don't recall us creating much at all apart from Norwood's dropped corner.

I didn't say we were rubbish after December but the performances against Burnley, Norwich, Villa, Brighton were more adventurous than the games in January /February. At Palace for example I don't recall us creating much at all apart from Norwood's dropped corner.

We were away at a good PL side I can’t remember Palace having many chances against us either. This idea that not only should we have beat these teams we should have done it in a swashbuckling style. The results after Xmas debunk any myth being used to add weight to wanting Wilder out. I am not saying you are using it or want Wilder out but I have seen this brought up by many of the Wilder out gang

Did you stay behind for the communal singing afterwards? I don’t get to many away games these days, but the way Brighton keep the bars open and not treat away fans like animals is a joy to behold. The stadium ain’t bad either.

I definitely don't want Wilder out, even if we go down. I'm not making a criticism of the matches in January /February, we got a great point at Arsenal, I love hard fought 1-0 wins and we were so solid against Palace. But I still think Brighton was the last time we really dominated a team (in the first half at least). Last season was my favourite watching United.

Did you stay behind for the communal singing afterwards? I don’t get to many away games these days, but the way Brighton keep the bars open and not treat away fans like animals is a joy to behold. The stadium ain’t bad either.
I was on the coach so had to go straight back. I was impressed with Brighton's ground, one of the better new grounds. And had a great few hours before the game exploring Brighton and having a freezing cold walk on the pier!

I definitely don't want Wilder out, even if we go down. I'm not making a criticism of the matches in January /February, we got a great point at Arsenal, I love hard fought 1-0 wins and we were so solid against Palace. But I still think Brighton was the last time we really dominated a team (in the first half at least). Last season was my favourite watching United.
I thought we were pretty dominant against Chelsea and Spurs at home as well.

I was on the coach so had to go straight back. I was impressed with Brighton's ground, one of the better new grounds. And had a great few hours before the game exploring Brighton and having a freezing cold walk on the pier!
The party on the concourse after was brill. I think they could hear us singing about going to Napoli, as far away as Lewes. What day, what a result, what a memory......Seems like a lifetime ago.

Great day and we should have won by more. It was one of those games where we had a load of chances and one disallowed and the Blade in me kept saying we are going to pay for these misses. But we didn't and McBurnies goal capped a great game for us.

The party on the concourse after was brill. I think they could hear us singing about going to Napoli, as far away as Lewes. What day, what a result, what a memory......Seems like a lifetime ago.
There is something extra special about winning away from home when you have had to get up at six am and travel across the country to get there!

It was a great weekend at Brighton last year, one of my favourites ever. Went with my bird at the time, we'd got a hotel near the station and ended up supping before the game in the home fans only boozer on the corner across from the station. She's a southerner so was easy enough to get in. We stayed in the boozer along as possible and were probably the last fans to leave, got the train to the ground and of course were late getting in. In fact we heard all the United fans celebrating the early goal, as a steward said to me outside you lot have just scored, by the time we'd got in it had been chalked off by VAR.

I thought McBurnie had a great game that day and topped it off with the only goal. As some have said it was brilliant after the game with the bars in the ground staying open and all the singing, followed by a night around Brighton later. For a whole host of reasons that Brighton game seems a lifetime ago now.

This, absolutely...queuing for the train at Falmer Station to sound of "Napoli on a Thursday" made me so proud. And would not have bet against it happening, although this is the Blades, so I should have known better!

Genuinely one of the top away days for me. Maybe not a Darlington, but up there with the very best.

Great day and we should have won by more. It was one of those games where we had a load of chances and one disallowed and the Blade in me kept saying we are going to pay for these misses. But we didn't and McBurnies goal capped a great game for us.
We were that pumped up for Didzy to score that day, me and mi mate agreed we were going on the pitch if he did.....I’m 53 my mate is 64.

Lewes pre match in winter sun with that Xmas market as we walked down the hill to the brewery after a pint in the Lewes arms. . Brewery shop had wine samples ( rude not to). Then that free house down the road with a front snug. Up to. Station and that great pub on the corner. Full of post 65 blades. After game into. Away end bar where greater selection of Harvey’s. Hearing their fans whingel on. Smile smile all the way home. He’s our Striker he’s our number nine

After the game I stopped over at my auntie's in London for Christmas, gloating to my cousins about our team. I'm heading back down on Tuesday for another round, but this time no away day, and potentially no win before Christmas.
Or are you? :(

It was a great day out. Booze up on the train and in Brighton pre match. Great atmosphere and beers in the ground, and a brilliant booze up around Brighton afterwards. Did well to find the hotel in the end. 😂😂😂😂. McBurnie looked the business that day. We were confident and dominant and thoroughly deserved the win.

It all seems a lifetime ago. ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

Fingers xd for tomorrow, after Thursday I saw some green shoots. Hoping for our first win tomorrow.

UTB

Opinions are what the forum is about.

Great weekend down on the south coast ,top performance ,and as for S.S.C Napoli I did the away day in the summer ⚔️😁

Attachments

• 6497.jpg
    6497.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 1

The last game pre lockdown, a Sharp header beat Norwich and I thought we were way below par.

Back
Top Bottom