Bramall lane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bigbirdblade

Reaction score
Now that we're back in the premier League, and supposing we're still there in a couple of seasons what would the chances be of the FA using BL for internationals or international tournaments. I know Hillsborough is the go to stadium in Sheffield and I know the reasons why but given that Wednesday have that safety order on the stadium and given its frankly run down appearance plus the fact we're in a higher division than them could the FA justify not allowing BL to host prestige international matches? Or is it all down to the apparent dislike of SUFC/BL by the governing body?

Fuck that, they'd ruin the Desso!
Ticthmarsh is there now, directing the Rod Stalwart preparations, every blade of grass and plastic have been spoken to, assessed and watered, ready for and evening under boards covered in pensioners.

Now that we're back in the premier League, and supposing we're still there in a couple of seasons what would the chances be of the FA using BL for internationals or international tournaments. I know Hillsborough is the go to stadium in Sheffield and I know the reasons why but given that Wednesday have that safety order on the stadium and given its frankly run down appearance plus the fact we're in a higher division than them could the FA justify not allowing BL to host prestige international matches? Or is it all down to the apparent dislike of SUFC/BL by the governing body?
Don't think swillsboro is up on the grounds to be anymore after a certain incident years ago, more like a delapidated shell.

Rod Stewart climbs obstacles like old people fuck. Always wondered if those blonde birds would have gone out with Rod Stewart the plumber. Big nosed Scottish arse licking twat.
Do you have a reason to believe that?

I don’t think the Lane would be chosen because it’s not a new stadium and there are other stadiums with larger capacity close by e.g. Elland Road was used for the Costa Rica friendly recently.

We've been the 'go to' in the area for a while now with women's games, under 21's, special Olympics events, bike stunt shows, rod Stewart, boxing.

U21s maybe but a 45 - 50k capacity would be required for a full International

U21s maybe but a 45 - 50k capacity would be required for a full International

Leicester and Southampton aren’t close to 45k but they obviously have the advantage of having far better facilities than the Lane.

Swill troughs need washing out now and then.

If we sign Robinson Hogan Randolph, then the Irish will make it their new home.

For what it matters Bramall Lane has a game at the RLWC 2021 which to be fair is an achievement especially as its England that are due to play there. The previous World cup in 2013 and other Stadiums they have used Anfield, Hulls KCOM, Cardiff Millennium Stadium, Huddersfield, Wembley/Olympic Stadium and Old Trafford

The usage of the ground is definitely improving over the years, outside of the United games. It's just a shame it took the club so many years to twig on.

BL is also on the list for the Women's Euros in 2021. Apart from Wembey which is hosting the final only, it's the highest capacity stadium on the list and so you would imagine it would host several games including latter stages.

I think we’re way ahead of our neighbours in terms of having the capability to host events other than SUFC games.

We’ve hosted U21’s football, rugby league, boxing and now a music concert so it’s all ticking the right boxes

As others have said, capacity is probably too low for England international.

we wont get full internationals till the kops rebuilt and the cherry st stands upgraded

It simply has too many restricted views and a lack of adequate quality bars and toilets on the kop

we all love our ground but it is in need of these updates to be top notch
once its 42000 we will get used a lot more for prestigious occasions

Agree with that blade too long how often are there complaints on this forum about poor waiting times for refreshments, turds in sinks or turds in uniform outside of the ground? The whole get up needs a bit of sorting before we expose Sheffield worldwide.

Back
Top Bottom