Bramall lane one of the best stadiums in the Championship

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A lot of Wednesday fans won't have been to an away game in years so are probably completely unaware how bad their stadium is in comparison to other clubs in the league. Hillsborough is old and big but outsude of that it has nothing going for it.

In terms of oldness going for it Bramall Lane is like a Ford Cortina Mk3, one lady owner, not a show car but in excellent condition.

Hillsborough is like a Ford Galaxy from 1996 that's been fished out of the Don. It's bigger, it's old but it's not good.

Pride Park is a fucking joke, Bet 365 stadium is waste of good land and Elland road for a one city club the size of Leeds is massively under populated. The article must be written by a Derby fan, edited by a Leeds fan and published by a Stoke fan.

Yep was discussing this today at work, obviously happy BDTBL reached 3rd (often overlooked). We were disgusted Elland Road topped the bill because we all hate Leeds and it is a shit hole, but with the history of the ground and what it’s seen, location etc. it was kind of accepted (ish) blah blah.

But fucking Pride Park over Villa Park for e.g, I mean some cunt has fucked up there. Historical for fuck all and in the middle of absolute nowhere in the same style as every new stadium.

Bet 365 stadium is waste of good land

It’s built on the spoil heaps of Hem Heath colliery, so I doubt the land was really good for anything much else. It’s right next to the city incinerator. I take the general point you’re making though.

Funnily enough, the site of the old Victoria Ground is still undeveloped, 20 years on and that’s a much more desirable piece of real estate, in as much as anywhere in The Potteries could ever be desirable.

To be fair I'd put Hillsborough above Elland Road, Pride Park, Bet 365 etc.

Villa Park should be top if we're being objective. Bramall Lane in second.

A lot of Wednesday fans won't have been to an away game in years so are probably completely unaware how bad their stadium is in comparison to other clubs in the league. Hillsborough is old and big but outside of that it has nothing going for it.

The only ground in the country where you have to wipe your feet on the way out

One has a pop at the DK for not spending on the stadium because a 40000 capacity would be better than a 32000 one, for FFP purposes.

Only if you can fill the 32000 first Porky!

They really are the thickest bunch.

I genuinely don’t get why they are always shocked that independent observers don’t rate The Swill but BDTBL is always well thought of.

Survey after survey rates Bramall Lane as one of the best in the Championship in terms of facilities, atmosphere and aesthetics. It looks a modern but traditional stadium, especially on the inside. It’s pleasing on the eye. It looks great on telly.

The atmosphere at the Lane can be electric, most matches it’s just good. Away fans enjoy it.

The Swill is what it is. Delapidated. Rundown. Poor facilities compared to many and especially the Lane.

The Swill has a poor atmosphere. That’s not my judgement, it’s their own. They’re always wanting to improve it, whether that be by manufactured rather than spontaneous songs/chants they devise on Porktalk, or by that loathsome ‘band’ ( who freeload on the back of Leeds Rhino’s and England)

That many shades of blue adorn their ‘stadium’ I actually think that along the way the actual shade of blue that is their colour has been lost. I think the various contractors send the YTS lad down to B&Q and tell him to come back with the nearest thing he can find to a flake of rust blue paint that’s fell off.

Almost ten per cent of their seats can’t be used. The reason being their concourses aren’t adequate to cope with the number of actual seats they have. IMO this has always been a problem for them. They’ve been allowed to have more attendees in their ground than the actual facilities can feesibly support. Now SAG won’t dare allow that to continue.

At the Lane the issue is not whether we can support numbers with actual infrastrucure, but SAG netting off areas where they feel a certain element of our support will let us down. IMO with good reason, we unfortunately do have a minority who always let us down.

Bramall Lane is one of the best and most liked grounds in the Championship. The survey got it about right regarding that but the reasons given I’m not sure about. The rest of the survey is a bit hit and miss especially Elland Rd at number one and The Swill being as high as eleventh.

Had enough time to comment though. Obviously saw the list first:D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 23.27.05.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 23.27.05.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 29

Back
Top Bottom