Boxing day sell out.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BigBed

Aboard the sinking ship......
Reaction score
Got some tickets for boxing day today, couldn't get 2 together where we wanted to sit.
Was told that it's expected the Derby game will be a sell out crowd and seats are becoming limited now??
Can only be a good thing, aslong as we pay them back for the loss at their place, and, as we totally out sang them with only a fraction of us there, I hope they all go home with ringing in their ears until atleast new years!!

COYRAWW.

I can see boxing day is usually the biggest crowds of the season. i think in our final season in league 1 we managed 26000 v oldham

Got some tickets for boxing day today, couldn't get 2 together where we wanted to sit.
Was told that it's expected the Derby game will be a sell out crowd and seats are becoming limited now??
Can only be a good thing, aslong as we pay them back for the loss at their place, and, as we totally out sang them with only a fraction of us there, I hope they all go home with ringing in their ears until atleast new years!!

COYRAWW.
Yeah “sell out,” but there’ll still banks of empty red seats.

I got 2 for Wigan yesterday (New Years Day). We had over 4000 allocation and the website is showing "limited" availability already - so if you haven't got yours and you're planning on going I'd get in there quick!

COYRAWW.
"ringing in there ears" how typically seasonal of us.

The gate will be around 26,500 on Boxing Day, which is a shame because had it not been live on SKY and had the club not compounded that effect by setting category A* prices, it could have been close to a sell-out.

As it is, there are swathes of seats available in the Lane end and the Kop. Even the South Stand still has a lager number of single seats available than would ordinarily be the case this close to the fixture.

The perplexing thing is that people within the club, if they are labouring under the misconception that Boxing Day could be a sell-out, seemingly have no understanding of the fans, or in modern parlance, their 'customers'. Anybody who has been a Blade for decades, could tell you that Derby County, whilst a more attractive fixture than many in the division, have still never been the sort of the opposition that will bring in that group of 'casual fans' that are needed to achieve a sell-out - particularly when there is the option of watching it on the telly at home or in the pub.

The only fixture, outside of us being in the top flight, where the casual fans will want to attend irrespective of whether the game is on telly and the prices are in the top band, is the Sheffield derby.

The gate will be around 26,500 on Boxing Day, which is a shame because had it not been live on SKY and had the club not compounded that effect by setting category A* prices, it could have been close to a sell-out.

As it is, there are swathes of seats available in the Lane end and the Kop. Even the South Stand still has a lager number of single seats available than would ordinarily be the case this close to the fixture.

The perplexing thing is that people within the club, if they are labouring under the misconception that Boxing Day could be a sell-out, seemingly have no understanding of the fans, or in modern parlance, their 'customers'. Anybody who has been a Blade for decades, could tell you that Derby County, whilst a more attractive fixture than many in the division, have still never been the sort of the opposition that will bring in that group of 'casual fans' that are needed to achieve a sell-out - particularly when there is the option of watching it on the telly at home or in the pub.

The only fixture, outside of us being in the top flight, where the casual fans will want to attend irrespective of whether the game is on telly and the prices are in the top band, is the Sheffield derby.
FFS there's nearly 2 weeks to go. Will sell out, no problem.

30k v sunderland last year. TV might knock it down a little bit but still a big gate.

Excellent. Wondered if being on TV might have an impact so good that it's not.

I'm at Fulham v Wolves at 12.30pm with my Dad and brother so I'll get back just in time to see it! Ideal Boxing Day..

25,821 and 24,194 six days later v Northampton. Terrible supporters, us.
Yeah but ya know if it'd been Pigs like it woulda been 35821 and 34194. Cos they are so much more massive than anybody else.

COYRAWW.
Usual graveyard, punctuated by groans.

Anybody got the ticket availability view of the stands thingy??

sufc.co.uk
click
tickets
click
home games
click
fldc
click
stadium view
Nope, can't get it up, I don't have the stadium view option???

Back
Top Bottom