Boxing Day kick off change

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So TV moves the game and you can somehow blame the club owners - priceless.

Just say you wish we were back in league 1 under Adkins.

Well it would have been a 3pm K/O. I'm sure Halifax would have brought a couple of hundred too.

As long as they don’t move it to 27th then i don’t mind. On Boxing Day My missus will drop me off at the pub and pick me up after the pub post match like a personal D’s chauffer.

Then the following day I’ll get emirates to pick me up from home and be hungover as fook as I fly to Dubai, stinking out business class with my Moretti farts

As long as they don’t move it to 27th then i don’t mind. On Boxing Day My missus will drop me off at the pub and pick me up after the pub post match like a personal D’s chauffer.

Then the following day I’ll get emirates to pick me up from home and be hungover as fook as I fly to Dubai, stinking out business class with my Moretti farts

I'm just going straight through from Xmas eve to New years day. I'll kip outside on shoreham street.

Some of you may think that from some of my posts (especially on the current "city council " thread) that I'm some sort of mad lefty rebel. Well, I am, but I also quite like normal traditional things, like football matches that start at 3.00 pm on Boxing day. I don't live in Sheffield now and usually get to the match on the train. For any Boxing day game that's not an option, but at least with an afternoon ko I can look forward to getting home in the car about 6.15 and then doing what traditional rebels like me enjoy doing on Boxing day. This usually involves alcohol. TV companies moving games like this doesn't just inconvenience us, it mucks about with our traditions, and the way things are currently in this country, perhaps loads of us just want something comforting and NORMAL! Going to a match at 8.00 pm on Boxing day night is not normal, and to be honest if I go it will screw up a day which I've always rather enjoyed. I'm overjoyed that the Blades are in the Premier league, and I'm not such a stick in the mud that I want it to be forever 1976, but FFS, 8.00 on Boxing day???!!!🤬

Knowing Amazon prime it will probably kick off on the 27th anyway.

Across the road.

You bought a season ticket knowing that not every game will be played on a Saturday at 3pm.

Even last season we had our fair share moved.

It's how it's been for bloody years.

based on the 1st 3 months of PL & last 3 months of championship. premier league is lovely in comparison 2 games moved from a saturday. it was every week in championship

Amazon prime for me ive had it quite a few years 5.99 a month has been good ish value. us open tennis, box sets, man city & leeds documentaries. some good stand up sets, very good movies & grand tour

I can't (legally) stream sold out games because they're on Saturday at 3pm in case it's bad for crowds, but they will move games to obnoxious hours that are far more difficult or disruptive for fans.

Sounds legit.

Putting aside any transport difficulties which can usually be overcome , I don't see what the problem is .

Given the alternatives of watching the Mighty Blades crush lowly Watford or watching a re-run of Bridge on the River Kwai / Skyfall / Mary Fucking Poppins with the in laws , their can surely be only one winner .

Pre match drinks starting at 6 pm , a few more after to celebrate the victory and by the time you get back , they've all fucked off home .

What's not to like ? :)

Putting aside any transport difficulties which can usually be overcome , I don't see what the problem is .

Given the alternatives of watching the Mighty Blades crush lowly Watford or watching a re-run of Bridge on the River Kwai / Skyfall / Mary Fucking Poppins with the in laws , their can surely be only one winner .

Pre match drinks starting at 6 pm , a few more after to celebrate the victory and by the time you get back , they've all fucked off home .

What's not to like ? :)

Before Pinchy gets here , 'there , fucking there ' . :eek:

I remember walking to the ground when there was 6 feet of snow, and I'm only 5' 6".

Back in the day you made the effort, now they cancel the game if there is 2" of snow - public safety outside the ground - people might sue.
If you slip on your own doorstep who do you sue ?

Is that where the term snowflake has come from ?

People have been moaning for 12 years to get back to the PL at any cost, now they just moan continuously that we have got back.

# snoutrage

That’s the thing, fans these days just love to moan about modern football and long for the good old days of 70s, 80s and 90s pre Premier League days.

The facts are that attendances have never been so healthy, if it’s so bad and fans want change, then stop going or boycott matches. But it doesn’t happen, so clearly modern football can’t be that bad?

All we need now is for Sky to pick the Man City game for a 12.30 ko, one and a half days later. Players may as well stay in their kit!

Hopefully the winter of 2014 will be replicated, game postponed and we can all carry on enjoying our Christmas in the knowledge the players are suitably rested for the double away header at City and Pool. Watfords away supporters minibus will also be spared the journey.
They have a ferkling mini bus....Whoaaaa....stop the roundabout I wanna get off....

It’s going to be on the Sunday, allegedly.

I heard that, that's why I posted it to be honesy. Europa league aren't they?

Looking at UEFA Cup fixtures, Man U don't play until the 28th. So why our fixture would get moved is a mystery. Unless it's because its Man U and moved for sky.

Either way, Macc Lads piss up on the Saturday.

Article is a year old, so lets hope it's not true.
As mentioned above, it is, I'll be cancelling Prime.
They need to know there is no commerical benefit in this bollocks.

Looking at UEFA Cup fixtures, Man U don't play until the 28th. So why our fixture would get moved is a mystery. Unless it's because its Man U and moved for sky.

Sky, I believe.

I mean I’m a blade like the rest of us, but who is logging into their fire stick at 8.00pm on a Boxing Day night to watch us vs Watford. It might as well be a Championship game when you put the size of our collective fan bases together and doesn’t exactly pique the interest of the neutral unless one of us is massively exceeding expectations at that stage in the season.

Surely risking the bad PR and tainted relationship with the EPL and proper fans at this early stage in their foray is not worth it for such a (let’s be honest) middle of the road fixture in the world football cosmos. Surely a top 6 game would be more justifiable as more people on the whole are likely to watch it.

Bigger passenger alert.😄

If this does move to an evening kick off it will have a major impact on my wellbeing. My mood throughout the day will be restless and I will have to talk to the missus on multiple occasions.

Living in Sheffield is hard any way with most of the pubs I frequent up some form of gradient. This would be more difficult as I would be carrying extra poundage from the festivity’s.

Please feel free to start a crowd funding page to aid me with taxis, beer tokens and nutrition

It’s going to be on the Sunday, allegedly.

yes I posted on a thread about Europa league if man utd make the round of 16 (which you would assume that they should with Astana Partizian & AZ Alkmaar, then 2nd place team from another group) then our away trip to old Trafford, will moved to sunday

Wolves victory last means that our away game will be on 1st December as they will be playing Braga away on matchday 5 of Europa league on 28th November. also if Wolves make quarter finals of Europa league the home game will be moved to 19th april

Well,, season ticket aquired.... dodgy kick off times through sky,, can't get to some games due to KO times... then only 2 days I get off over Xmas, and there's a possibility that I won't get home until early hours. Then back at work at 6.. so I've got to shell out for sky and fkin Amazon prime now to watch the Blades,, that I've already paid for a season ticket for. . FML. :(

You forgot to mention BT Sport if you want the job lot mate. Mind you, at least all this competition is good for the consumer............

Back
Top Bottom