Boxing Day kick off change

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hoping Man U at home doesn't get moved. Got Macc Lads the same day.

This is the price that SUFC will fuck it's supporters over to get more dough in,, Wilder claims that we own the club and the directors are only custodians... but it's the so called owners that get shafted 1st every opportunity this season. Might be jumping to conclusions, but this is how it seems.

You do know that the club won’t have had any say in it don’t you?

This is the price that SUFC will fuck it's supporters over to get more dough in,, Wilder claims that we own the club and the directors are only custodians... but it's the so called owners that get shafted 1st every opportunity this season. Might be jumping to conclusions, but this is how it seems.

Are you having a laugh?

In the running for most ridiculous post of the season and we're only just into September.

Like burning your dinner and blaming Eileen on checkout 4.

Are you having a laugh?

In the running for most ridiculous post of the season and we're only just into September.

Like burning your dinner and blaming Eileen on checkout 4.
Yeah I'm laughing my fucking knackers off. I've got to shell out hundreds more to watch the team I've ALREADY got s ST for. Just to watch em because some TV company decided to fuck the kick off times. Who are you?? Maybe?? Some of us have real lives ..

nothing would surprise me. didnt newcastle have massive journey away & early game on 26th or 28th. or a london derby on easter monday so football rarely cared about the fans. but as i mentioned on about on shoutbox. this not a new thing

sky been doing it for yrs. midday PL game, 3pm champ game, 5.15 & 7.45 PL. + 1 27th

Yeah I'm laughing my fucking knackers off. I've got to shell out hundreds more to watch the team I've ALREADY got s ST for. Just to watch em because some TV company decided to fuck the kick off times. Who are you?? Maybe?? Some of us have real lives ..

Now you're directing your anger in the correct direction, fuck all to do with Sheffield United and the only thing we can do is refuse to play it and get a 3 point deduction or something.

I am not an artificial intelligence written by Foxy and Linz to populate their forum so I too have a real life thanks, but I just know who's to blame for the fixture list/schedule.

Hint: it's not us.

But what can the club do? We had two choices, fuck promotion and stay the EFL or join the Premier League and accept that matches will be moved.

I know which option I prefer.

You bought a season ticket knowing that not every game will be played on a Saturday at 3pm.

Even last season we had our fair share moved.

It's how it's been for bloody years.

The thing is, there will still be a healthy crowd if it’s moved to 8pm. So why would the TV companies give a shit? There isn’t a problem?

But what can the club do? We had two choices, fuck promotion and stay the EFL or join the Premier League and accept that matches will be moved.

No problem with some of the moves due to TV. That's the sacrifice of promotion,, but to capitulate on a Xmas bank holiday to a TV company that is another subscription fee added onto sky and BT. Where does it stop. Shall we sell our souls for more dough??

You bought a season ticket knowing that not every game will be played on a Saturday at 3pm.

Even last season we had our fair share moved.

It's how it's been for bloody years.
I

U know that,, I'm saying that, yet another subscription is now required to watch the Blades on a day when a normal kick off has happened for years.

It's not a choice. They don't say "fancy moving it?" They just move it.

The police have more say than the club.

Aren’t West Ham playing Palsce that day. Would make that game ideal for the late KO

Thing is Amazon can do what they want that day as ALL the boxing day matches are televised on Amazon Prime.

8pm Boxing Day means most of us won't be able to have a drink. No public transport to get there and the 27th is a normal working day for a lot of us. I've got a season ticket but I can see me giving this one a miss if it is 8pm.

Boo fucking hoo.
Whingy whining.
Happy to take all the cash but not happy to walk the fat bastard nut roast off.
Lol.

Boycott Watford away. That’s what I say. Return all the tickets t Lane. 😏

Wouldn't we be better off boycotting Amazon? Few thousand cancellations and returned Alexa spying devices and we might get in the Star three weeks after the game.

This will be ok for me - family stuff out of the way in the day then a good couple of hours to have a pint pre match. I’m walking distance from the ground so no issues there. No work the day after so might even be able to get a jar in town afterwards.

Shite for the majority though and having it at night kills a lot of what makes a Boxing Day fixture what it is.

Will be interesting to see what happens with public transport. Trams will be okay. The council tenders the bus network for Boxing Day but that has only operated to coincide with Meadowhall opening and a 3pm kick off. It will be difficult for anyone to know just which routes it will be worthwhile running after 6pm for an 8pm kick off. A full network running til 1030 won’t happen as it will be prohibitively expensive and most will just be carrying fresh air.

The thing is, there will still be a healthy crowd if it’s moved to 8pm. So why would the TV companies give a shit? There isn’t a problem?

I remember walking to the ground when there was 6 feet of snow, and I'm only 5' 6".

Back in the day you made the effort, now they cancel the game if there is 2" of snow - public safety outside the ground - people might sue.
If you slip on your own doorstep who do you sue ?

Is that where the term snowflake has come from ?

People have been moaning for 12 years to get back to the PL at any cost, now they just moan continuously that we have got back.

# snoutrage

Wouldn't we be better off boycotting Amazon? Few thousand cancellations and returned Alexa spying devices and we might get in the Star three weeks after the game.

Even if we got in the star none of us would know about it, not paying for that shit!

I remember walking to the ground when there was 6 feet of snow, and I'm only 5' 6".

Back in the day you made the effort, now they cancel the game if there is 2" of snow - public safety outside the ground - people might sue.
If you slip on your own doorstep who do you sue ?

Is that where the term snowflake has come from ?

People have been moaning for 12 years to get back to the PL at any cost, now they just moan continuously that we have got back.

# snoutrage

Let’s see if Silent Blade knows the opposition and the score in that six foot of snow game......

Back
Top Bottom