Bournemouth into Administration

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Steve Cook would suit us being a player that’s climbed the leagues, is club captain and played over 150 PL games now. 1 year left on his deal and only 29, would be good competition for Egan but not sure what he’d cost and whether it’s too much for a backup.

It's a big if.....but if we thought King was a player who could contribute effectively we'd have the beginnings of a quality Norwegian clique. Both Josh and Sander will already be familiar with each other's style of play from their international outings, and on the limited times I've seen King play he has the type of attributes that Wilder could hone to better effect in my view.

Must add, I'm really pleased with, and for, Sander. Relatively young, mature beyond his years, and possessed of a talent I've rarely seen in a player so young. His awareness of the players around him, allied to the type of distribution that so far seems top notch, he's not afraid to get stuck in either, and his work-rate is excellent too. Those initial deep intakes of breath at the fee we paid will soon be replaced by 'how could a club like United buy a player this good for such a give-away price?' What we saw on Thursday was a player who was head and shoulders above the opposition's costly array of midfield talent. Brilliant signing by Wilder and everyone involved in bringing this young talent to the Lane.

It's a big if.....but if we thought King was a player who could contribute effectively we'd have the beginnings of a quality Norwegian clique. Both Josh and Sander will already be familiar with each other's style of play from their international outings, and on the limited times I've seen King play he has the type of attributes that Wilder could hone to better effect in my view.

Must add, I'm really pleased with, and for, Sander. Relatively young, mature beyond his years, and possessed of a talent I've rarely seen in a player so young. His awareness of the players around him, allied to the type of distribution that so far seems top notch, he's not afraid to get stuck in either, and his work-rate is excellent too. Those initial deep intakes of breath at the fee we paid will soon be replaced by 'how could a club like United buy a player this good for such a give-away price?' What we saw on Thursday was a player who was head and shoulders above the opposition's costly array of midfield talent. Brilliant signing by Wilder and everyone involved in bringing this young talent to the Lane.

Man U were looking at him in January though I think. Don't think they'll be bothered now with Greenwood, Rashford, and Martial looking like a great 3, but I think he'll be hoping for a traditional European club to come in for him.

Man U were looking at him in January though I think. Don't think they'll be bothered now with Greenwood, Rashford, and Martial looking like a great 3, but I think he'll be hoping for a traditional European club to come in for him.

You're right Tom, I think there was interest in both King and Wilson. It may have been newspaper talk, but it seems to have cooled since.

Trouble is, forwards are by the very nature of what they're meant to deliver, are the most expensive part of the transfer equation, but should Bournemouth be relegated it may mean that one of two things will happen - (a) B'mouth decide to keep hold of their prized assets and go for promotion, or (b) they have a fire sale and reinvest in cheaper alternatives. As I said, I quite like both King and Wilson, but at best I'd go for King and someone who offers a bit more variation to Wilson. I doubt either will happen this season, as it seems our transfer list is going to be limited due to the settlement with McCabe, but although strengthening is a definite as our squad is a bit thin in certain areas, I think we have good players who will adapt and improve. What will have happened due to the separation from McCabe is that development to the ground and training facilities (long overdue this one) will be prioritised over the next few seasons, so careful budgeting will be called for as the club looks to enhance it's commercial opportunities.

A lot has been spoken about creating greater capacity at the Lane, and being a Premier Division club certainly enhances our appearance to new supporters, but I'm not sure exactly how many new supporters we can attract, so it will be interesting to see which option the club go for. I'd prefer a ground that was (and this is based on retaining our Premier Division status) close to full with a capacity of approx. 40,000 rather then a ground that seats approx. 38,000 with empty seating for a further 7-10,000 supporters that we've over-estimated for. Brainier types than myself will be able to arrive something closer to the actuality of this question.

Apologies for rambling mate.

You're right Tom, I think there was interest in both King and Wilson. It may have been newspaper talk, but it seems to have cooled since.

Trouble is, forwards are by the very nature of what they're meant to deliver, are the most expensive part of the transfer equation, but should Bournemouth be relegated it may mean that one of two things will happen - (a) B'mouth decide to keep hold of their prized assets and go for promotion, or (b) they have a fire sale and reinvest in cheaper alternatives. As I said, I quite like both King and Wilson, but at best I'd go for King and someone who offers a bit more variation to Wilson. I doubt either will happen this season, as it seems our transfer list is going to be limited due to the settlement with McCabe, but although strengthening is a definite as our squad is a bit thin in certain areas, I think we have good players who will adapt and improve. What will have happened due to the separation from McCabe is that development to the ground and training facilities (long overdue this one) will be prioritised over the next few seasons, so careful budgeting will be called for as the club looks to enhance it's commercial opportunities.

A lot has been spoken about creating greater capacity at the Lane, and being a Premier Division club certainly enhances our appearance to new supporters, but I'm not sure exactly how many new supporters we can attract, so it will be interesting to see which option the club go for. I'd prefer a ground that was (and this is based on retaining our Premier Division status) close to full with a capacity of approx. 40,000 rather then a ground that seats approx. 38,000 with empty seating for a further 7-10,000 supporters that we've over-estimated for. Brainier types than myself will be able to arrive something closer to the actuality of this question.

Apologies for rambling mate.

I think 40k is perfect for us. Kop extension with indoor concourses and sensible second tier on the South with corporate facilities layer between new and old and we're golden.

As for Bournemouth, it's an unknown at the moment but there's a chance they could loan a few out in the hope that they'll come straight back up and have them back like Huddersfield did with Mooy, though they sold him when it looked like they weren't getting close to promotion. That could be good for us if it's an option, wouldn't count towards the "only 2 from a Prem team rule".

What is it about Solanke that keeps be thinking if he gets a run injury free he could still have a top career?
Is it just Champ Manager bias or his he a busted flush?
If he really just wants an opportunity maybe him staying next season at Bournemouth, and playing in the Championship can kick start his career. They’ll need him as Wilson and King won’t be there.
If they had to sell, can you imagine the loss they would make from a sale
Hope? They've spend £20m on him, they're just praying he either starts turning up or has a purple patch so that they can sell him and get a bit of it back.

If they accepted that a player who's scored 7 senior goals in his career probably isn't up to much and let him rot in the reserves where his performances in the Prem would put him, they're just writing off £20m.

Saw this on Twitter this morning... Gave me a good laugh.

EcL2ooUX0AA93qr.jpeg

I think Man Utd bid £20m in Jan for King,he now only has 1 year left on contract,could possibly pick him up for £12-£15m?
Don’t think he’s on crazy money like Wilson so could be worth a punt if the price is right🤔

Bournemouth fans don't think they'll be selling many. Their chairman issued a statement that's gone down well

Bournemouth fans don't think they'll be selling many. Their chairman issued a statement that's gone down well

Perhaps the old saying of 'you can't stand in a players way when Premiership clubs come calling' Doesn't apply on the South Coast.
Although I guess already being on Premiership wages will help in that respect especially if they don't have a relegation clause.

Bit of a meh statement. Doesn’t say players won’t be sold.

Once the fire sale is complete they will continue their slide down the league's back to their original level at L1/2

just had a look at the headlines for the 18/19 accounts

Wages at £111m
Total revenue at £131m

Player registration costs (transfer fees and signing on costs?) at £94m (although they note that they sold players for £22m just after the results were posted

No comment about managing the risk of relegation (which is prominent in Burnley's accounts) and contracts that manage that.

Do they get £40m in parachute payments? That's a £75m drop in income

just had a look at the headlines for the 18/19 accounts

Wages at £111m
Total revenue at £131m

Player registration costs (transfer fees and signing on costs?) at £94m (although they note that they sold players for £22m just after the results were posted

No comment about managing the risk of relegation (which is prominent in Burnley's accounts) and contracts that manage that.

Do they get £40m in parachute payments? That's a £75m drop in income
They get 55% of the average broadcast revenue for year one (so about £40m). For year two they get 45% (about £35m) and for year three 20% (about £15m).

Norwich only get the first two years.

It will change slightly the amount next year because West Brom have been promoted so their year 2 share goes back into the central pot (so each club will get a bit extra including those on parachute payments) - they are first club to be promoted back at the first attempt since Newcastle.

They’ll be fine- they’re in the EFL now. All they need to do is make up a load of fake sponsors, sell their ground to themselves 4 years ago and carry on as normal while some idiots fuck about “investigating” it for the next 5 years.
That would be funny, if it wasn't true! 🤨

Aren't they due a pasting from the EFL regarding how they came up last time anyway? Sure I saw they and villa are in trouble if they drop down again?

They get 55% of the average broadcast revenue for year one (so about £40m). For year two they get 45% (about £35m) and for year three 20% (about £15m).

It will change slightly the amount next year because West Brom have been promoted so their year 2 share goes back into the central pot (so each club will get a bit extra including those on parachute payments) - they are first club to be promoted back at the first attempt since Newcastle.

West Brom didn’t get promoted at the first attempt? They’ve been in the Championship a few seasons now haven’t they? Unless I’ve misunderstood what you mean.

West Brom didn’t get promoted at the first attempt? They’ve been in the Championship a few seasons now haven’t they? Unless I’ve misunderstood what you mean.
I didn't mean first attempt. I meant year two meaning that year three pot goes back in. If Fulham or Cardiff get through the play offs, their money goes back into the pot and they will be the first club since Newcastle. Serves me right for typing on my phone. I knew what I meant!

You mean a club still getting Parachute payments has actually gone up.
Don't let the Pigs find that out they will self combust, Parachute payments are so unfair and give relegated clubs an unfair advantage.

Back
Top Bottom