Roy's View From... Bournemouth Fans Views On The Opening Day

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

Fancy Bournemouth to go down. If it wasn't for their superb start last season they'd be down.

Looking back they won 7 of their last 30 and 4 of those were against Brighton and Huddersfield.

Somewhat disappointing they aren’t yet preparing for our Physicality, aerial bombardment and our set piece prowess.
They probably should as I fancy one of our centre halves to score from a corner.

Somewhat disappointing they aren’t yet preparing for our Physicality, aerial bombardment and our set piece prowess.

Not to mention kicking the shit out of their players and time wasting from the first minute.

“Just to clarify for any visiting blades fan… Other than Man Utd, every club who has played AFCB on the first game of a Premier League season has ended up being relegated. Have a lovely day”

We're expected to go back down shocker!

I'd be bloody delighted if we get something from this game, never thought I'd say that against Bournemouth but, here we are.

Fancy them to drop. Their defence can’t keep on the way it is and the goals will dry up eventually when there’s a rough patch. They’re due.

Where is Bournemouth?

It's where old people who like the sea but not foreigners go to die.

Might be wrong and can't be arsed to check, but think we've won our last eight matches against them. That still only partially compensates losing to them on the opening day in '87 (?) at home, a real low light at a time there was plenty of competition in that regard. If it was '87-'88, we deserved to be relegated for that game alone.

If they lose Brooks, Wilson and maybe Fraser and Ake they may have a struggle this season. Depends who's surplus at Liverpool as well of course.

Cheers Roy. Can’t believe we’re only going to get 1100 tickets🙁🙁. FFS. I like many others stand Diddley squat chance of getting a ticket😡😡. Nice to know that every Bournemouth season ticket holder posted a comment🤣. UTB ⚔️⚔️⚔️

Hilarious you get comments about Pigs on other boards when there are actually more Piguesque comments on threads like this.

Little old Bournemouth eh, and their tiny ground?

As many top flight seasons in the last few years as we have had in about 40 plus.

Bournemouth are traditionally one of the smaller clubs in England having spent almost their whole 89 year history in the bottom tier or division 3.
There highest ever average attendance was 16,000 just have the war (the boom time of football)
Whereas United have spent most of their history in the top flight.
Even in league 1 recently we always had much higher than 16K.

Think the comparisons are fair because AFB really are a minnow, traditionally much smaller than a Rotherham or a Doncaster.
Bournemouth have only averaged over 10K on 18 occasions in their history.
Whereas both Rotherham and Doncaster have averaged over 10,000 during 22 seasons.

“Nice home game to start the season. Sheff utd will be thinking it’s a winnable game and it’ll be nice to burst their bubble early.”

How long do we need to be in the Prem for before I forget that we can lose at home? And how does that delusion even form?

Back
Top Bottom