Boro match is now a featured game on SKY.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

2003 - tired from Forest/over-confidence/Mark Rankine over McCall/poorest defensive display of the season/Wolves came out of the box like lightning
The rumoured golf course incident might have played a part too...

1997 - Kendall went ultra defensive away at home after the turn of the year (we won 7 away, but the last on Boxing Day, and didn't take the lead in any away league game after that). Plus Kachouro was the wrong selection: he was terrible.
2003 - tired from Forest/over-confidence/Mark Rankine over McCall/poorest defensive display of the season/Wolves came out of the box like lightning
2009 - only Craig Beattie up front and Blackwell's complete inability to deal with a limited Burnley side despite playing them a couple of weeks earlier
2012 - no decent forwards, for well documented reasons, and other injuries did not help.

I think 1997 was also hampered by Hutchison not being fully fit. I can understand Katchouro being selected – he’d after all scored at Ipswich – but he was awful. I suspect he might not have been used to playing in that kind of heat... I was surprised Walker didn’t get more gametime given he was ultimately responsible for getting us there with his messy goal in the semifinal. What was hugely frustrating was that barely a month before we’d breezed past Palace when they visited the Lane.

2003 – I think ultimately the line-up was wrong, but they were all understandable selections. We generally just froze from the occasion.

2009 – awful performance. Walker our main threat going forward in only his 5th game or so said it all.

2012 – awful performance. Too many players hid, and had we played an extra hour we’d never have scored. The absence of McDonald through injury was a huge loss considering the striker absences, though we weren’t helped by going with a barely-fit Cresswell over a fully-fit Porter.

I fucking love Marmite. Could eat it out of the jar.

I'd like Sky more if they didn't keep fucking with the fixture list.

As the saying goes, he who pays the piper calls the tune, United need the brass as do the majority of clubs. Great for us exiled Blades like.

I think 1997 was also hampered by Hutchison not being fully fit. I can understand Katchouro being selected – he’d after all scored at Ipswich – but he was awful. I suspect he might not have been used to playing in that kind of heat... I was surprised Walker didn’t get more gametime given he was ultimately responsible for getting us there with his messy goal in the semifinal. What was hugely frustrating was that barely a month before we’d breezed past Palace when they visited the Lane.

Katchouro was subbed for Taylor early on through injury wasnt he? Not long after Hutchison dislocated his shoulder right in front of me.

God it was hot that day. I was praying it wouldn't go to extra time because I seriously thought I might die. Blamed myself for the goal ever since.

FFS ! Adds to the likelihood of defeat. Hope we still get our £10k though pays for the kitchen staff.
What about toilet cleaners? Nobody's paid enough to tidy up after football fans (from Bolton).

There are cameras there for every single game.

Trivia: The last top flight game to feature no TV cameras in the ground was 1st January 1990. The Pigs vs Manchester City, and David Hirst had to go in goal.

Yeah it is, I don't have Sky Sports but I occasionally buy a day or week pass when there's stuff on that I'll watch. Pretty sure the sky sports pass gives you access to all of their channels.

I bought a Now week pass on Friday and tonight would have been a right Brucey Bonus.
Unfortunately, scrolling through it doesnt look like it's one of the options. Villa v Brentford is on two channels , Main Event and Football. Other than that its frigging Golf or Cricket. Tinychat for me.

I bought a Now week pass on Friday and tonight would have been a right Brucey Bonus.
Unfortunately, scrolling through it doesnt look like it's one of the options. Villa v Brentford is on two channels , Main Event and Football. Other than that its frigging Golf or Cricket. Tinychat for me.

Just logged into Now TV and United are definitely on mate, as essexblade73 says, it's on from 7:40. Get it on't telly lad.

I’m presuming this one doesn’t count because it was originally going to be on red button ;)

Back
Top Bottom