Boozer for Sunday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

also, I'm watching it in the belfry, sothall, does anyone know if it's a pig/blade boozer, stuck in there wi family utb

It's neither. More of a pub/diner these days (Flaming Grill)

They do have big screens though and might make it more football-friendly for the big match?

Went to Bradwell near Hathersage a few years ago in the 90s when we were out in the Hope Valley. Expected a nice few quiet pints and witnessed a right proper scrap in one of the pubs !! Who does everyone follow out that way mate - do you get a few supporting the Manc clubs as well ?
fairly even split i'd say between us and the pork.. the other team round here are Derby

Want to stand up in the Clubhouse anyway. Couldn't properly do scenes and limbs if we were wedged into a sofa. Plus I'll be too tense to sit down.

They do have big screens though and might make it more football-friendly for the big match?
This is where I'm Heading £6.49 beef Sunday lunch . Probably have to get there early though.

cheers pal, it's summat i can't get out of, there's a table booked for 1 o'clock so at least I'll get to see it. utb

That depends where your table is.
I don't remember any screens on the left (as you walk in the front door), you need to be on the right hand side.

Anyone thinking about getting the tram at University or Shalesmoor, remember that its likely to be rammed full of grunters

I don't remember any screens on the left (as you walk in the front door), you need to be on the right hand side.
I think your right. We were in last week sat in left. Don't remember any tvs .couldnt even hear quiz properly in there.

also, I'm watching it in the belfry, sothall, does anyone know if it's a pig/blade boozer, stuck in there wi family utb

cheers pal, it's summat i can't get out of, there's a table booked for 1 o'clock so at least I'll get to see it. utb

welderblade

How was The Belfry when you watched the Derby match in there? Was there much atmosphere?
Was there a big screen or just the usual 2/3 medium sized screens? Were there many seats with a good viewing position?
Could you hear the commentary ok above the sound of people munching their dinners?
What was the Blades/Pigs ratio like?

I'm considering having a look for the Leeds match but it doesn't seem to be a good footy pub on the face of it.

Back
Top Bottom