Boozer for Sunday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Walkabout willscreen the match I woud imagine.

I'm not sure they will. Some of the bars right in the centre won't show Sheffield derbies as they don't want their bar smashing up.

I hope the club house has a massive beer garden, cos it sound very much like it's going to be quite difficult getting inside!

Unfortunately it really doesn't :D

Love the Crown but cannot imagine jumping about in there after Billy's last minute winner in front of their Kop :p

It can be decent in there when full, I was in there after the Kell fight, never seen owt like it. They also have a huge Blades crest in the main room (or used to, it could be under new management now)

For any of you out in the sticks (or anyone who fancies a bit of country air) a few of us will be watching at The Little John in Hathersage

Barral has it on ,fannies ,penny black ,clubhouse ,crown I'd have thought .

For any of you out in the sticks (or anyone who fancies a bit of country air) a few of us will be watching at The Little John in Hathersage

Went to Bradwell near Hathersage a few years ago in the 90s when we were out in the Hope Valley. Expected a nice few quiet pints and witnessed a right proper scrap in one of the pubs !! Who does everyone follow out that way mate - do you get a few supporting the Manc clubs as well ?

Went to Bradwell near Hathersage a few years ago in the 90s when we were out in the Hope Valley. Expected a nice few quiet pints and witnessed a right proper scrap in one of the pubs !! Who does everyone follow out that way mate - do you get a few supporting the Manc clubs as well ?
It's Hathersage not Pakistan!!

It's Hathersage not Pakistan!!

There's a few places out that way, Bakewell, Tideswell, Hathersage. Just wondered who they mainly followed out that way. Sorry for chuffin' asking!!

Was in France Cap d'Agde one year when we played at the Sty - first one missed since 1967 - and nowhere was showing it. Barman told me about an Irish bar in Montpellier that he'd seen advertising it. Gave me directions, off I set early, leaving the family, bus to Agde, train to Montpellier, walked to the pub, closed. In the window was an a board advertising the match, due to kick off in a hour. Knocked and knocked on the door until finally a little Irish lad opened the door, think Quinny with redder hair and a foot shorter who told me they were closed, like every other bar with Sky, on Police orders because of a fight in there that morning between United and Wendy fans. Fucking Montpellier!

Three and a half hours to get back to find we'd lost 2-0. Got pissed.

There's a few places out that way, Bakewell, Tideswell, Hathersage. Just wondered who they mainly followed out that way. Sorry for chuffin' asking!!
Don't be mardy, it was a whimsical reply, suggesting most Man u fans live abroad!
You do realise you've joined an open blades forum don't you!?

Blades and pigs mainly because it's not really that far from Sheffield. Tideswell has quite a few 'Reds' because it's doable and back in the seventies when they never sold out OT quite a few used to travel up there.
Similarly Bakewell is sort of on the edge of Derby County's catchment area.

Obviously, like anywhere these days, there's a few plastics who never attend games and support some pile of wank but you'll see plenty of Blades car stickers around the Hope Valley.

Quite a few Manc fans, far too many Wendies, and a smattering of Blades, obviously the good looking ones!
Oh, I mustn't forget the wife, she supports dirty L***s!!

a fight in there that morning between United and Wendy fans. Fucking Montpellier!

Scrapping on the rues of Montpelier eh? I wonder if there are any other exotic places where Blades and pigs have had a set to? Wembley obviously. And it nearly all kicked off between the Sheffield clubs in Munich in 2001, when England were playing.

Scrapping on the rues of Montpelier eh? I wonder if there are any other exotic places where Blades and pigs have had a set to? Wembley obviously. And it nearly all kicked off between the Sheffield clubs in Munich in 2001, when England were playing.

Bound to have been a few in some tourist hotspots on the Med but I doubt if many can match the randomness of Montpellier !

Reactions: Dkc
Was in France Cap d'Agde one year when we played at the Sty - first one missed since 1967 - and nowhere was showing it. Barman told me about an Irish bar in Montpellier that he'd seen advertising it. Gave me directions, off I set early, leaving the family, bus to Agde, train to Montpellier, walked to the pub, closed. In the window was an a board advertising the match, due to kick off in a hour. Knocked and knocked on the door until finally a little Irish lad opened the door, think Quinny with redder hair and a foot shorter who told me they were closed, like every other bar with Sky, on Police orders because of a fight in there that morning between United and Wendy fans. Fucking Montpellier!

Cap d' Agde's á massive Swingers resort isn't it ? :rolleyes: Preferred to watch the Blades on screen 70'miles away.

Good lad

Anyone out in Brampton Sunday lunchtime ? Know most of the pubs but not if there's any one better than the other for watching the football.

For those of us of a south Barnsley bent the Crown in Elsecar's showing it, and I'm told will be " packed with Blades"

Reactions: Dkc
There's one table left at Clubhouse to reserve. It's the very back table by the double doors with the sofa, for those that know. You'll probably have to stand to see the match as it's a low table, but if you fancy a bit of grub or owt whilst here it's a way of making sure it's not on your lap!

Can fit 3 ont sofa at a push, then a couple of stools round it.

Anyone want to join me on the Moon? Got my Sky dish set up ready...
index.php

Back
Top Bottom