Boozer for Sunday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LoxBlade

Reaction score
For those of us who haven't got tickets and don't fancy sitting at home to watch it, where's it being shown and where's everyone watching it?

I want to know too. There's other threads but I didn't get an answer from those.

London Rd best ?
Which one has the best screens?

I want to know too. There's other threads but I didn't get an answer from those.

London Rd best ?
Which one has the best screens?
I'd take a stab at somewhere along London Road myself, unfortunately being from the dark side I don't really know who's showing it or where the best atmosphere is gonna be, any help would be much appreciated!

I'd take a stab at somewhere along London Road myself, unfortunately being from the dark side I don't really know who's showing it or where the best atmosphere is gonna be, any help would be much appreciated!

I posted this in pig match pub advice last week

I'd say..... The Byron (netheredge) Clubhouse London road (biggest screen usually have a projector etc),Champs eccy road, The banner cross

The clubhouse on London Road or Champs at the bottom of eccy road as mentioned above are the 2 stand outs. I think the club have said they'll have it on in the legends bar too?

I'm from "that" side as well, heading up Broomhill way. Pretty easy to get back but far enough away.

Maybe because it's on Sky and being televised to about 40 million people worldwide? Did that cross your mind at all?:)

Well obvs yeah, who wouldn't rather be watching it at the lane tho? Instead of in a semi porcine environment in a boozer?

Heading from Donny with a few Blades to Clubhouse, London Rd. Should be decent enough in there I would of thought, will be all Blades. Failing that, I think Banner Cross is owned by a blade??

also, I'm watching it in the belfry, sothall, does anyone know if it's a pig/blade boozer, stuck in there wi family utb

Which pubs near the Lane will be open have Sky? I know Fanny's does and the Clubhouse. But how anout Crown, Cricks, Sheaf, Railway, Lion etc? I know the Cremourne doesn't have Sky. Clubhouse is going to be packed by the sound of it.

Which pubs near the Lane will be open have Sky? I know Fanny's does and the Clubhouse. But how anout Crown, Cricks, Sheaf, Railway, Lion etc? I know the Cremourne doesn't have Sky. Clubhouse is going to be packed by the sound of it.

Pubs near the ground with Sky are Fanny's, Cricks, Barry's, Clubhouse and Farm Road Social.

Quite a few in town although whether they will show the game or not is a different matter.

Going to be very busy with student types in town this weekend too.
I'm staying local, just booked Sunday lunch to follow the footy in my local, best of all worlds!!

For those of us who haven't got tickets and don't fancy sitting at home to watch it, where's it being shown and where's everyone watching it?
The Smoking Dog - in Lyon France, quality continental beers, cheap wine and great screens showing Sky. My heart will be in Sheffield though.
UTB

Spoke to Clubhouse's owner on Sunday evening. Upstairs and downstairs tables both fully booked, so get down early prepare to stand if you're thinking of coming. Decent amount of room upstairs round the sides.

Stand in front of my table and I'll throw chips at you.
Posh fucker!, what's wrong with bottles!?

Probably be going to the Clubhouse.

For anyone who might like the idea: I noticed that the Beehive on West Street are showing it and they've got a big screen too. You might get a few pigs in there though...

I hope the club house has a massive beer garden, cos it sound very much like it's going to be quite difficult getting inside!

Walkabout willscreen the match I woud imagine.

Back
Top Bottom