'Memries' Bootham Crescent

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Went in the Main Stand for the 4-3 win in 1981. Fantastic view of the Blades fans on all 3 of the other terraced sides of the ground.

Having bought a programme outside, we got inside to discover that programmes were 'complimentary' if you went in the stand; there was one placed on every seat. I've got 6.
You can take the lad out of the Manor.........😃

I worked in York in the early 1980's and went to Bootham Crescent quite a few times.

A bloke I was working with had a flat next to the ground and at half time we could get a 'pass out' to go and have a cup of tea and watch the half time scores on his tele.

I remember the 4=3 win. I think there was a league cup tie about the same time. I'm sure a Blades fan came on the pitch to shake the referees hand when he gave a decision in our favour.

York as a city should definitely have a football league club.
Its unbelievable when you think about it ,they have Leeds 30 miles south ,Middlesbrough must be 50+ miles north ...Hull 40 miles ish east ...
So a really big catchment area .They struggle with 3k ish crowds ....It doesn't add up really.
Now they have been overtaken by Harrogate .

Watching Look North this evening on Bootham Crescent being developed for flats, I remembered the friendly at York City in 2013 when Callum Mcfadzean scored a classic goal.
Apart from this, the only time I recall us playing at York was a classic 4-3 win in our 4th Division championship season. I didn't go, does anyone recall this game?

Went to the 4-3. Trusson, maybe scored.

Wasn't Bootham Crescent where that spunk trumpet of a Wednesday fan shared a bow with the Thai madman? Although not involved that may well prove one of the most important moments in our history! The day our rivals grovelled to the architect of their (hopeful) demise.

Wasn't Bootham Crescent where that spunk trumpet of a Wednesday fan shared a bow with the Thai madman? Although not involved that may well prove one of the most important moments in our history! The day our rivals grovelled to the architect of their (hopeful) demise.
There's a family of Wednesdayites who live in York. They turned up to the 11-12 Trophy final all (and there's about 8 them) in Wednesday kits and a massive York Owls flag. Happy to report they got a nice chunk of grief from the York fans. Some were even chanting "Sheffield United" at them down Wembley Way :)

Back
Top Bottom