Bolton v Sheffield United - 12/09/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

90+4John Lundstram (Sheffield United) hits the bar with a right footed shot from outside the box. Assisted by John Fleck with a through ball.

Almost 2-0 at the death, we are in great shape. Bring on the bumpkins.

Smart move from Wilder to bring Lundstram on for Duffy and shore up the Midfield. They got more physical and he's perfect to counter that approach.

Another happy coach journey home. Not as good as the Sunderland game, but never going to be a great game away at Bolton on a rainy Tuesday night. Just a pity Lundstram didn't put in his late chance.

Norwich next who aren't exactly firing on all cylinders. Not looking beyond that one, obviously....

Great debut by ccv and lundstram seems to be growing in confidence a few inches lower and he would have had his first goal

Great debut by ccv and lundstram seems to be growing in confidence a few inches lower and he would have had his first goal
Lundstram carried on where he left off against Sunderland, looks like he is getting to grips with the pace of the league now.

Will be a good player for us. Similar to Coutts but with more physicality.

On paper, that is a run of the mill result. However, they would have seen that as one game they could definitely win and given it their all. Make no bones about it, that is a great result for us. One I didn't expect, especially with the changes. I must learn to trust Wilder and Knill.

Another way of looking at that is that he really should have finished it. Clarke also probably would like another go at the one at the front post that he air-kicked. Had either gone in we'd have had a slightly more relaxed finish. I thought Lundstram's play in general was decent though.

Overall a good battling performance. Good to see we could switch it up and all that came in seamlessly fitted in.

we werent at our best against bolton. but very still comfortable got the 3 pts i that expected. needed but the changes were seamless. yes id like more from our forwards away from home. as sharp is alot quieter away than he is home & donaldson was the 1st one away to make an impact but hey i cant complain.

as im used to being stunned after sheff utd games but normally negatively under previous managers with losses v hartlepool, shrewsbury, bury, gillingham or fleetwood. like are really that shit. but for once im stunned positively i still cant get my head around us being 3rd beyond my wildest dreams. in july when bookies had us 14th. i wouldve snapped your hand off

Lundstram carried on where he left off against Sunderland, looks like he is getting to grips with the pace of the league now.

Will be a good player for us. Similar to Coutts but with more physicality.

Couldn't believe he didn't stick that one in at the death, but he has looked so much better last two games.

Victory! We won't see an uglier game all season – their non-footballing bunch of cloggers made that a right battle. They are heading straight down, and won't be missed.

Thought Blackman, bar one bizarre moment to throw the ball on the ground from his hands, commanded his box excellently.

Glad to hear the Blackman comment since it's not been his strength so far.

Keith Edwards made the same point. - sounds like we've been working on it and it's paying off, which is great.

Great gritty performance. Blackman MOM for me. He caught everything in the 18 yard box. CCV
and boldrock excellent. Lafferty efficient like last year. Coutts and Fleck as normal great. Not a game for Duffy or Sharp, though Duffy had a good 20 mins. Clarke worked his knackers off for little reward. Wright and Jack as expected, restricted them to set pieces.

Back
Top Bottom