Bolton v Sheffield United - 12/09/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not_a_Cheat

Reaction score
After the superb result on Saturday we're immediately back in action with the trip to Bolton tonight, in a game I personally don't think will be as easy as some on here. They've clearly had an awful start and, like ourselves, have a number of injury problems. If that's key to why their results are going wrong, then they've clearly not recruited sufficiently well to have a squad that can cope.

Anyway...

Any team news?

Donaldson definitely out?

Brooks making a start?

Or Clarke to make a return now his suspension has ended?

Or other than enforced, keep it the same?

Yes I think we should be capable of winning this game, but they desperately need to start turning their performances around, and that probably will make it a tough test tonight. While I would be disappointed with a draw, I still don't think it's a game we can take for granted. That said, similar to Saturday, if they aren't out of the blocks quick enough, I think their (fans and players alike) impatience and frustration will get the better of them leading to a nice 2-0 Blades win.

Safe journey all, and bring us the 3 points back please :)

UTB

They will try and make the game as stop/start as they can. Fouling, niggling, play acting and general time wasting, you name it. Anything to disrupt our passing game. Well let them I say, Wilder will have seen this coming a mile off and our lads have shown they can be patient.
Coutts will control the play as they put 10 behind the ball, the home fans won't like that, at some point they will need to come out and that's when we will pick them off. Set pieces and hoof will be a threat and cuntface Madine looks in good nick so we will need to be careful, but I am sticking with my 0-2 prediction.

I think the weather will be the biggest factor tonight with a predicted 70-80mph gale, might be wise to keep it on the deck which should suit us but they won't do that so it could be a bit of a lottery with the ball going anywhere the wind takes it. I still reckon 2-0 to us Clarke will score tonight.

I can see Donaldson not making it and Clarke back in.

Brookes and Evans the obvious replacements 60 minutes on.

I'd start Brookes, he deserves the chance and saves the others, CW always make good subs when required anyway.

I think we'll batter them! Fat lad, chedwyn and brooksy! 3-nowt.

They will get less points points than Rotherham. Washing machine to get TKO by JoC in the 2nd round, I mean half.

Parkinson writing his after match excuses now,how even tho his team were outplayed and out scored somehow he thought they were robbed.

Shame Donaldson looks to be out. Otherwise I'd start the same 11 as Saturday and make the same subs.
Think it will be tight, but if we play to our full potential, should win.

2-1 RAWW

After the superb result on Saturday we're immediately back in action with the trip to Bolton tonight, in a game I personally don't think will be as easy as some on here. They've clearly had an awful start and, like ourselves, have a number of injury problems. If that's key to why their results are going wrong, then they've clearly not recruited sufficiently well to have a squad that can cope.

Anyway...

Any team news?

Brooks making a start?

Yes I think we should be capable of winning this game, but they desperately need to start turning their performances around, and that probably will make it a tough test tonight. While I would be disappointed with a draw, I still don't think it's a game we can take for granted. That said, similar to Saturday, if they aren't out of the blocks quick enough, I think their (fans and players alike) impatience and frustration will get the better of them leading to a nice 2-0 Blades win.

UTB
See Clarke back in, Donaldson most likely kept out of the game.

Considering how we've been playing so far and how they've been playing up until now, you'd like to think that this would be a relatively straight forward game (for us), however I remember how much of a "Bogey Team" they once were, along with Fleetwood & Walsall back in L1.

Hopefully, due to the number of injuries they've had, coupled with the complete difference between us in terms of moral (and overall skill) will make this a clean cut W.

I think this will be very tricky and could easily see it being a draw.

We lack the pace to really hurt them and I think we'll be susceptible from set pieces.

It depends who starts up front next to Billy.

They've clearly had an awful start and, like ourselves, have a number of injury problems. If that's key to why their results are going wrong, then they've clearly not recruited sufficiently well to have a squad that can cope.
Arent they still under some kind of embargo? Shame (not)

Too many changes at once in defence for me ! I now have a bad feeling about this one :(

team changes from sat:
Baldock for Freeman, Clarke for Donaldson, Lafferty for Stevens; CCV for Bash

Is that serious? What the actual fuck?

Can see a defeat then. Basham is one of the key men to the way that back three performs.

Anyway...

Any team news?

Brooks making a start?

UTB
4 changes. out Freeman Basham Donaldson Stevens. In Baldock Lafferty Clarke and CCV. Bash injured but on bench.

Probably the first game of the season that we're expected to win. We need to dig deep and have the mentality we did when we went to Cov last season.

I
Too many changes at once in defence for me ! I now have a bad feeling about this one :(
3 out of the 5 defenders replaced does seem a lot especially when they're fit enough to be on the bench.

But, in Chris we trust. it might be something to do with what we're facing tonight.

More changes than I expected, but when you think about it, they make sense. Our style of play asks a lot of the full-backs, so we will need to rest them from time to time, and especially on a sat-tues-sat schedule.

Clarke for Donaldson is obvious, the one surprising one being Basham out, but if he's injured then no other choice. Even if he weren't injured it's an understandable swap, given Boltons physical presence.

Looking forward to seeing what the likes of CCV and Baldock have to offer, would also love for Clarke to nab one, just to get him off the mark and give Wilder more selection headaches in attack.

I

3 out of the 5 defenders replaced does seem a lot especially when they're fit enough to be on the bench.

But, in Chris we trust. it might be something to do with what we're facing tonight.

Hope you're right. There's nothing like a deliberately weakened team (if that's what it is) to bite you in the arse ...

Completely agree - can't wait to see CCV; he's very highly rated at Spurs. Think he'll be our best loanee since Cahill.

Last edited:
Understandable changes

Looking forward to seeing CCV - supposed to be a top prospect. Think he could genuinely cement a place in the starting 11

Also Baldock must be chomping at the bit to come in and play.

Laferty has never let us down either.

As for Clarke coming back in - don't think we were ever gonna see brooks starting behind billy. Just given that we don't have many options to bring on for Duffy if we go that way - still struggles with the full 90.

Baldock worries me from set pieces remember Scougall beating him to header that resulted in us scoring against MKD.

Back
Top Bottom