BLUT PLANS - QPR game

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I will move to the target area for the QPR game

• Total voters

Ricky

Banned
Reaction score
Tuesday 20th Feb, 19:45. This is the first of two games targeted, along with Burton 11 days later.

These games are our last throw of the dice for this season. If nothing happens, there's no basis to continue trying this season, and consequently there'll be no basis from which to do anything permanent next season.
And there's no guarantee that we'll even be able to do what we're doing now - if we're promoted it's likely STs will be available in our target area and quickly snapped up.

I'll set a modest target of 35 of us in the same area. I don't expect a big turnout with it being a midweek game but the positive side is that there will be space to move into this time - it should be an easy opportunity.
The main target here is to build a platform for a bigger turnout for the Saturday 3pm Burton game 11 days later.
We just need a committed group in the same place, whether that's 20 or 100. It doesn't take much to get the corner and South Stand G/H going. And it doesn't take much for a small group to grow. So if you support the idea, make the effort. You're needed. As I said, last chance this season.

IMPORTANT BIT: The target area is here. It's row W seats 111-118 and rows S,T,U,V seats 117-125.

Screenshot 2018-01-15 at 14.16.04.png
Precise QPR area.png
Red area = target area. We must be here together.
It's section 'U3' on this link if you want to pick your seats: https://goo.gl/5EgJsV

Sort your tickets ASAP to avoid any possible repeat of Bolton, where the club gave out free tickets galore bang in the middle of the target area, and ultimately fucked everything up.
(Do not let something like that kill this off. Don't be discouraged. We've got to keep trying. It's a long term project.)

The area will be marked by a flag. Just move over here if you have tickets elsewhere in BLUT - there'll be space.

Please vote in this poll if you'll be there.
(+1 or more = someone else attending with you)

Any further details will be posted in bold on this thread, and also the Twitter page... https://twitter.com/BLUT_Blades

• Banned
And again...

• Our aim is to improve the atmosphere at home games by establishing a permanent vocal support area in the BLUT.
  • The idea is to provide the platform to move to the area on a season ticket basis, hopefully next season.
  • It could ultimately play a pivotal role in improving the atmosphere on G and H block on the South Stand.
  • Commitment is required. If people don't make the effort, nothing will happen, and nothing will change.

• Banned
Season tickets can be moved for individual matches over the phone (0114 253 7200) or at the ticket office. It's £2 to move from the Kop, free from anywhere else.

Anyone with young kids, please don't go on the back 3 rows.

Can you all wear all white, just like the Madrid Ultras. Will be able to spot you when I look up from my flask.

• Banned
I've emailed the ticket office manager about the very small area we're targeting in the hope that it won't be wiped out by free ticket giveaways. So if it is, I'll assume they're trying to sabotage the idea. In which case, that's me done.

FORGET THIS GAME - PLANS CANCELLED

The club have kindly wiped out our target area again, despite a polite email well in advance making the very modest request that around 40 (FORTY) seats remain available for supporter purchase in the BLUT in a game where it will barely be half full.

Another big slap in the face. But I'm not one bit surprised. It makes you wonder...

It's great isn't it - a supporter tries to do something that would be genuinely positive for the club - he isn't paid a penny to do this and even invests money in it as well as all the time and effort. The paid employees of the club then fuck it all up when it would be incredibly easy to avoid doing so. It leaves a very sour taste and things like this disprove any shite about proper 'unity' between fans and club. They're disconnected. But they'll keep #ForgingItInSteel and that's enough isn't it....

Don't know what we'll do for Burton now. I'm going to have to contact the club again. See what happens after that I suppose.

Caveblade brownie donnyblade71 Jon Bon II

I've emailed the ticket office manager about the very small area we're targeting in the hope that it won't be wiped out by free ticket giveaways. So if it is, I'll assume they're trying to sabotage the idea. In which case, that's me done.
Wouldn't surprise me if Jurgen dislikes the idea.

Wouldn't surprise me if Jurgen dislikes the idea.

Oh he'll hate it - it's something that could work against the zombified state we're aspiring to achieve in English stadiums...

In an earlier email I asked if 80 tickets could always remain available for supporter purchase in that area of the BLUT. And guess which 80 seats are the exact ones they've wiped out....

I find it disgusting.
I get the feeling that the sanitisation of the game is the definite aim.
It is largely completely sterile now, wherever you go.
Who is the person who is deciding what goes as far as vocal support is concerned?

I find it disgusting.
I get the feeling that the sanitisation of the game is the definite aim.
It is largely completely sterile now, wherever you go.
Who is the person who is deciding what goes as far as vocal support is concerned?

I'd say the safety officer is most likely to be the problem in this instance - if they are deliberately fucking us.

Generally, it's a combination of a number of things that have led to the current sterile state.

The fans still have most control over their club's vocal support though. The bastards (authorities) might have sucked the life out of them but if they want to do something about it they can. But not enough care, or can be arsed. Many of those who do have succumbed to apathy. It's not surprising. But it's about time fans in this country fought back. Because it will not just magically get better. It will only get worse.

Last edited:

I'd say the safety officer is most likely to be the problem in this instance - if they are deliberately fucking us.

Generally, it's a combination of a number of things that have led to the current sterile state.

The fans still have most control over their club's vocal support though. The bastards (authorities) might have sucked the life out of them but if they want to do something about it they can. But not enough care, or can be arsed. Many of those who do have succumbed to apathy. It's not surprising. But it's about time fans in this country fought back. Because it will not just magically get better. It will only get worse.

You should try B block back of Kop

You should try B block back of Kop

Without huge numbers I think the result of that would just be a 3rd group doing their own thing without ever being too loud, in addition to F/G and D/E who obviously hate each other.

I don't want to give up on BLUT and shouldn't have to. It's an excellent opportunity to get that corner of the ground noisy - South Stand as much as anything.

I think it could be a good idea for me to do (another) poll on here simply to gauge and provide evidence of support for the idea. It could provide a good platform for me when it comes to any communication with the club.

I get the feeling that the club are afraid of this taking off, becoming popular.

Wouldn't be surprised if they take the idea onboard themselves and sanitise it enough to become easy to control.

I get the feeling that the club are afraid of this taking off, becoming popular.

Wouldn't be surprised if they take the idea onboard themselves and sanitise it enough to become easy to control.

Probably terrified that we won't be enough of a 'family club' if we have another stand making a bit of noise...

I like the idea of this but it will take time to build. My only concern is that the upper tier could get converted back to away fans for a season in the foreseeable future.

I like the idea of this but it will take time to build. My only concern is that the upper tier could get converted back to away fans for a season in the foreseeable future.

If our upward trajectory continues I only see it filling up with our own fans.

If for whatever reason it is given to away fans there's no reason we can't both be there with segregation in the middle. Well, that'd be the logic for every other city anyway.

We have STs in Westfield Corner now and I doubt the club will try to move those fans. In which case we'd need segregation in the same stand anyway should away fans be up there.
And if STs don't become available on BLUT maybe we could move to the corner on a ST basis instead.

Probably terrified that we won't be enough of a 'family club' if we have another stand making a bit of noise...

Wouldn't surprise me if SYP were looking in on this and "advising" SUFC to nip it in the bud.

Wouldn't surprise me if SYP were looking in on this and "advising" SUFC to nip it in the bud.

Which would just be hideous.

There's no way this would attract 'troublesome' types.

Mind you, noise = trouble in their tiny minds.

If it's going to be half empty anyway, why don't folk just get tickets as and when and meet up in an area that's not populated, take it from there?

Ricky could find a suitable area and wave a big flag just before kick off and we could all flock to him like ants to the queen.... or summat.

No suckling though... definitely NO suckling!

FORGET THIS GAME - PLANS CANCELLED

The club have kindly wiped out our target area again, despite a polite email well in advance making the very modest request that around 40 (FORTY) seats remain available for supporter purchase in the BLUT in a game where it will barely be half full.

Another big slap in the face. But I'm not one bit surprised. It makes you wonder...

It's great isn't it - a supporter tries to do something that would be genuinely positive for the club - he isn't paid a penny to do this and even invests money in it as well as all the time and effort. The paid employees of the club then fuck it all up when it would be incredibly easy to avoid doing so. It leaves a very sour taste and things like this disprove any shite about proper 'unity' between fans and club. They're disconnected. But they'll keep #ForgingItInSteel and that's enough isn't it....

Don't know what we'll do for Burton now. I'm going to have to contact the club again. See what happens after that I suppose.

Caveblade brownie donnyblade71 Jon Bon II
Why don't you write to McCabe and put it too him directly,I think he would respond ,you may get an answer as to why the club are not helping you to get this good idea up and running.I have a friend who has wrote to him more than once,,he even phoned him on the number he put in his letter,give it a try.

Love your drive and enthusiasm Ricky but......................

ZEG7largehorse.jpg

If it's going to be half empty anyway, why don't folk just get tickets as and when and meet up in an area that's not populated, take it from there?

Ricky could find a suitable area and wave a big flag just before kick off and we could all flock to him like ants to the queen.... or summat.

No suckling though... definitely NO suckling!

I would've thought about moving to the central block but unfortunately the back 5 rows there have been exclusively set aside for free ticket giveaways. Prime seats. And nobody can buy a ticket there!

Other than that, no other area is feasible given the relatively low turnout I anticipated - we'd need to be close to the corner, and we need to be at the back.

Might as well just move on to Burton now. It's only 11 days later.

Or should I just crack on with the Wembley vocal support masterplan?

Back
Top Bottom