BladesPod w/ special guest Benjamin Bloom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Beans

Reaction score
Morning all,

I'm afraid I'm fresh out of bin Laden memes, but I do come bearing a podcast episode in which I'm very pleased to have Benjamin Bloom join me as a guest.

You'll almost certainly have seen his videos (possibly seen him around the Lane as well, he's quite distinctive and really does have lovely hair) but if not: he is a Championship enthusiast who covers games very extensively on YouTube. He also has a huge soft spot for the Blades which I'm sure you'll gather by listening.

We covered:

- falling in love with the Blades
- his strangely-powerful Leeds hoodoo
- where it all went wrong at Elland Road
- the Championship playoff drama
- possible players United should look at targeting next season
- next season's Championship dark horses
- the future of his beloved Ipswich Town

And plenty more.

Hope you enjoy this as much as I did, cheers for listening!

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/bladespod/id1309198119?mt=2

A great listen Ben and thanks for putting the effort in. BB is a character and with the current United love-in, it was a great call.

Thanks in advance for boring the tits off me with bloom.

Other podcasts are available.

Have you tried "Mardy arse footy chat for ingrates" as I've heard theirs are really good.

Benny Bloom is a video version of Deadbat.

Some think he’s too detailed with his videos being over long and kind of boring
But like Deadbats match reports, if you can’t make it and want all the detail (as though you’re there) then Bloom’s your man.

He’s so knowledgable about the Championship, has real in-depth knowledge on virtually every club.
He knows far more than your average tv pundit.

In fact, it makes me laugh how he seems to know more about our players, tactics and formations than most of our fans.

Beans great pod, cheers mate.

Contrary to your point in the pod we did win once after an international break btw- away at Brentford :)

Beans great pod, cheers mate.

Contrary to your point in the pod we did win once after an international break btw- away at Brentford :)

Hmm Google says we played Rotherham on 24th Nov then Brentford away 27th (it was midweek for sure). The Rotherham game was straight after a break and we were crap, probably our worst performance of the season.

If you can, listen to the last 10mins of Mr Bloom’s match report of our home game against Ipswich - an excellent summary of the Wilder revolution and to hear an outsider speak about the Blades in such glowing terms nearly brought a tear to my eye and made my heart swell with pride.

Morning all,

I'm afraid I'm fresh out of bin Laden memes, but I do come bearing a podcast episode in which I'm very pleased to have Benjamin Bloom join me as a guest.

You'll almost certainly have seen his videos (possibly seen him around the Lane as well, he's quite distinctive and really does have lovely hair) but if not: he is a Championship enthusiast who covers games very extensively on YouTube. He also has a huge soft spot for the Blades which I'm sure you'll gather by listening.

We covered:

- falling in love with the Blades
- his strangely-powerful Leeds hoodoo
- where it all went wrong at Elland Road
- the Championship playoff drama
- possible players United should look at targeting next season
- next season's Championship dark horses
- the future of his beloved Ipswich Town

And plenty more.

Hope you enjoy this as much as I did, cheers for listening!

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/bladespod/id1309198119?mt=2

I'll give it a listen and great work getting Benjamin Bloom on, always like his videos and as you say it was funny when all the Leeds fans kept having a go at him not to attend their games because they kept losing!

As for next season's dark horse put your money on Sheffield Wednesday, they've got a brilliant squad they just need players free from injuries and it'll be HMS piss the League! :D

Gave an excellent appraisal as to how dropping a division can sometimes be an aide, whilst I've always thought the suggestion to be absurd.

I like him! And not just because he's the biggest Jonah in the history of Leeds United.

He’s close. I have a mate in Leeds who is the biggest Jonah of all time and a spurs fan to boot. I can guarantee you within seconds of putting something on WhatsApp something bad happens, to the point that the last 2 months of the season he was banned from chatting on our group for the duration of ours, Leeds games. You can all big up wilder all you like but we believe it’s down to us.

Leeds v Derby the other night, literally within seconds of typing it’s all Leeds now after they pulled it back to 2-3 they had a man sent off and they fell apart again. I swear down I have never seen powers like it.

He’s actually called Jonah on my phone now.

Hmm Google says we played Rotherham on 24th Nov then Brentford away 27th (it was midweek for sure). The Rotherham game was straight after a break and we were crap, probably our worst performance of the season.
Damn, I was sure there was at least one that bucked that trend! Worse than I thought then.. thanks for correcting me on that one.

Bloom is a very knowledgible young fella and very level headed. Knows his stuff.

I always really enjoy watching/listening to his stuff because he tends to see it for how it actually is, and not what the pre conceived usually totally incorrect perceptions are.

Hes a huge football fan first and foremost, and he is always very interesting and speaks at times with passion (i.e his rant about how Bolton have got financially where they are).

Id subscribe to his championship media work next season. Well done Mr Bloom, and thanks Beans/Ben for putting this interview up on this thread. Very enjoyable listening for a Saturday morning at home with a cup of tea (even more so after ive been out of the country all week with work).

Maybe why some dislike him ?

It's certainly better than some of the vlogs people do where 90% of the video is them filming their face as they sing or react to what's happening. Trash TV.

As I watch/listen/attend every game, I just find bloom repeating what I already witnessed so it's just boring. Can see the appeal for anyone who doesn't attend.

The podcast was alright, maybe because it wasn't a match report.

That was fantastic. I really enjoyed listening to that podcast fellas. Thankyou

United games? Yes.

This may come as a bit of a surprise, but plenty of those that like Bloom’s stuff (crazy I know) actually enjoy hearing about stuff where United didn’t play. The descriptions of games involving Leeds’s collapse for example.

Alternatively, for the United games maybe it’s just nice to hear an alternative point of view? I can only assume that if you hate hearing someone talk about what you’ve just seen, reading endless threads on here about what people have just seen must be some kind of endless hell.

Back
Top Bottom