BladesPod w/ special guest Benjamin Bloom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This may come as a bit of a surprise, but plenty of those that like Bloom’s stuff (crazy I know) actually enjoy hearing about stuff where United didn’t play. The descriptions of games involving Leeds’s collapse for example.

Alternatively, for the United games maybe it’s just nice to hear an alternative point of view? I can only assume that if you hate hearing someone talk about what you’ve just seen, reading endless threads on here about what people have just seen must be some kind of endless hell.

I don't read the match reports for that very reason

This may come as a bit of a surprise, but plenty of those that like Bloom’s stuff (crazy I know) actually enjoy hearing about stuff where United didn’t play. The descriptions of games involving Leeds’s collapse for example.

Alternatively, for the United games maybe it’s just nice to hear an alternative point of view? I can only assume that if you hate hearing someone talk about what you’ve just seen, reading endless threads on here about what people have just seen must be some kind of endless hell.
It’s nice to hear an outsider give an impartial and balanced view on the game - I suspect that so much of my view is clouded by my emotional investment that it may not always be a true reflection of events.
That’s why it’s also nice to hear the statistical analysis provided by Jay and Ben on Bladespod. This has served as a sort of therapy at times during the rollercoaster of this recent run-in.
Generally, such analysis has restored my faith in the Blades and reaffirmed that Wilder does in fact know what he’s doing and that we should strap in and join him for the ride, as it will all pay off in the end. Turns out it was correct...I would have pushed the panic button long ago

Morning all,

I'm afraid I'm fresh out of bin Laden memes, but I do come bearing a podcast episode in which I'm very pleased to have Benjamin Bloom join me as a guest.

You'll almost certainly have seen his videos (possibly seen him around the Lane as well, he's quite distinctive and really does have lovely hair) but if not: he is a Championship enthusiast who covers games very extensively on YouTube. He also has a huge soft spot for the Blades which I'm sure you'll gather by listening.

We covered:

- falling in love with the Blades
- his strangely-powerful Leeds hoodoo
- where it all went wrong at Elland Road
- the Championship playoff drama
- possible players United should look at targeting next season
- next season's Championship dark horses
- the future of his beloved Ipswich Town

And plenty more.

Hope you enjoy this as much as I did, cheers for listening!

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/bladespod/id1309198119?mt=2

Great pod...really enjoyed it...two superbly and decent blokes who know their stuff

Morning all,

I'm afraid I'm fresh out of bin Laden memes, but I do come bearing a podcast episode in which I'm very pleased to have Benjamin Bloom join me as a guest.

You'll almost certainly have seen his videos (possibly seen him around the Lane as well, he's quite distinctive and really does have lovely hair) but if not: he is a Championship enthusiast who covers games very extensively on YouTube. He also has a huge soft spot for the Blades which I'm sure you'll gather by listening.

We covered:

- falling in love with the Blades
- his strangely-powerful Leeds hoodoo
- where it all went wrong at Elland Road
- the Championship playoff drama
- possible players United should look at targeting next season
- next season's Championship dark horses
- the future of his beloved Ipswich Town

And plenty more.

Hope you enjoy this as much as I did, cheers for listening!

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/bladespod/id1309198119?mt=2

Excellent as ever Beans and you did well to keep Ben Bloom from rambling too much (Hi Ben if you're reading :D)

Always good to get a neutral perspective, although not sure he's entirely neutral given how much he's seen us!

I enjoyed the pod, it’s good to hear an informed view from outside of the fan base. No mention of Brexit or agricultural football because the bloke knows his stuff.

I must admit that i found Ben Bloom quite good on the Bladespod. Clearly knows his stuff and as i mentioned, Beans managed to keep his ramblings short (which is an art).

I've tried to watch Ben Blooms videos on Youtube, but he doesn't half ramble on, so i've not managed to watch one in full. Which is a shame.

I'm similar to Kuwaiti_blade in the fact that i find some reports to be completely boring, too opinionated and i rarely read match reports nowadays as there are so many other forms of media and analysis which i think have surpassed 'match reports'. I think this is where the Bladespod has really captured the audience as they don't do a match report, but provide an analysis of the performance based around the statistical analysis, which is not an exact science, but they back up their analysis with actual information. They also have the edge on things like match of the day as they are not some has been player offering a baseless opinion.

What I've really enjoyed with Bladespod as its evolved is the preview for the forthcoming matches. Because of time and access to the football, this season in the Championship i have realised that i know little about some opposition players before we play, so in a few games its been good to have a summary of the team we're about to play. This will be even more crucial in the Prem as i realised in the last few weeks since we've been promoted that i don't know anyone outside the headline makers such as Aguero or Salah and the England team. Watching the FA cup the other day they kept mentioning 'Yay-zuce' it was only when he scored that i realised that his name was 'Jesus' but they seem to have put some funny pronunciation on the name of the most recognisable name in the world from the last 2000 years!

Back to Bloom, I hope that he manages to shorten some of his videos next year as i will probably watch a bit more of the Championship and i like his opinion.

Back
Top Bottom