BladesPod: Season Awards & Best Moments

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Beans

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I had one more podcast I wanted to do before the end of the season... dishing out some awards by way of reviewing the season's best (and sometimes worst) moments.

Twitter's Blades_Analytic joins me once again to not only reminisce about beating Wednesday 4-2, but also react to Wilder's new contract news, and then make our picks for the following categories...

1. Best Moment that wasn’t Bouncing Day, as that would be too easy (14:50)
  2. Best and Worst Signing (22:16)
  3. Funniest Moment of the season (33:45)
  4. Worst Moment (40:00)
  5. Best Games (47:05)
  6. Biggest Surprise (51:13)
  7. Best Opposition Player (1:00:25)
  8. Teams we’re most / least looking forward to playing next season (1:03:22)
  9. Best Blades Goals (1:11:23)
  10. Much Too Early Predictions for Next Season (1:19:20)
  11. and finally, rating the season as a whole out of 10 (1:23:25).
Very keen to hear what you'd choose for the above categories, to see if it would run counter to our choices ;)

As always, you can listen / download on SoundCloud:

And subscribe / download from iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/bladespod/id1309198119?mt=2

Thanks again for all your listens and downloads - over 1k of them last episode :eek: Cheers and UTB!

1. Best Moment that wasn’t Bouncing Day, as that would be too easy (14:50)
    Beating leeds away - it was the point I realised that we were looking at being "comfortable" rather than aiming for 4th from bottom
  2. Best and Worst Signing (22:16)
    Best - Baldock - Worst - Holmes
  3. Funniest Moment of the season (33:45)
    The afternoon of 24th Sep 2017 when the videos started emerging from "their" end of the moments following their equalizer, up to and including Duffy's goal.
  4. Worst Moment (40:00)
    Seeing Coutts break his leg at Burton - whether we fell off because of it or not, that point was a turning point in the season as the next 6 games cost us a place in the PO
  5. Best Games (47:05)
    PIgs (A), Leeds (A), Hull (H), Wolves (H)
  6. Biggest Surprise (51:13)
    Leon Clarke being an actual proper Championship striker
  7. Best Opposition Player (1:00:25)
    Hard to pick one out of the Wolves team that tore us a new one away at Wolves, or the Fulham team that did the same
  8. Teams we’re most / least looking forward to playing next season (1:03:22)
    Most - Villa (hopefully) - we matched them in two games and were unlucky to get 1 point rather than 4 IMO, Birmingham (how we didn`t end up with 6 points against that shower is beyond me), Derby (quite enjoy a day out to pride Park - even if it is in the middle of a retail park)
    Least - Wednesday (hate games against them), WBA (team most likely do a Wolves under Moore), Fulham (if they lose to Villa)
  9. Best Blades Goals (1:11:23)
    Lee Evans vs Boro - no other competion in terms of pure skill level (its on a par with Browns vs Weds in 03)
    Duffy v Weds - durrr
  10. Much Too Early Predictions for Next Season (1:19:20)
    bad start, finish strong, miss out on PO again by a relatively small margin - kind of the reverse of this season. 1 win a peice in the Derbies
  11. and finally, rating the season as a whole out of 10 (1:23:25).
    7 - better than we could have expected in August, worse than we were expecting in Nov...

Really enjoyed it, as I have all the others. Thanks for putting it together.

Another great pod mate.

Be interested to hear your stats analysis of players we sign over the summer.

fantastic podcast guys, loved listening to this podcast, keep it going, and have a great summer.

Cracking effort again guys . Here's to more of the same next season .

Back
Top Bottom