BladesPod: Leeds 0-1 Blades review

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Interesting and entertaining as usual fellows. Just a few minor points of issue.

1. You’re getting very close to the fans’ fallacy of ‘results matter more than performances’. They are cause and effect, not alternatives. Ultimately, if performances falter, so will results. We’ve got where we are by playing the right way. It remains the right way, always has and always will.

2. A surprisingly naive assessment of the remaining fixtures for us and Dirty Corrupt Leeds, appearing to regard some matches as virtual formalities. Football ain’t like that as it will demonstrate sooner or later for all three contenders.

Following on...

3. Appearing to award Norwich the title, or at least automatic promotion. Trophies aren’t presented in March. I predict you’ll be re-visiting that one within two or three weeks.

4. Sorry, but too close to cap-doffing Dirty Corrupt Leeds for comfort. They’re not that good! They are a despicably arrogant and deluded bunch already, without encouragement from us.

Please don’t take offence. Just my (very important) opinions. Keep up the excellent work.

❤️⚔️

Interesting and entertaining as usual fellows. Just a few minor points of issue.

1. You’re getting very close to the fans’ fallacy of ‘results matter more than performances’. They are cause and effect, not alternatives. Ultimately, if performances falter, so will results. We’ve got where we are by playing the right way. It remains the right way, always has and always will.

Cheers Pinchy. A few clarifications to follow :D The point I was making here (I think I actually said "if performances are good then results are more likely to come") is that it doesn't bother me in the slightest that we didn't play as well as we could against Brentford, Leeds, Rotherham, at this stage of the season. Just give me them points. At the start of the season it would've been more of a concern for how we might play in the long term.

2. A surprisingly naive assessment of the remaining fixtures for us and Dirty Corrupt Leeds, appearing to regard some matches as virtual formalities. Football ain’t like that as it will demonstrate sooner or later for all three contenders.

Not at all, just that in isolation we probably should win the majority of our remaining games. Of course football's not like that and you'd get fantastic odds on us ending the season on a eleven-game winning streak. But can we win 6 of our remaining games and end up on 92-93 points? I think we can (note: this is different to saying that we will!).

3. Appearing to award Norwich the title, or at least automatic promotion. Trophies aren’t presented in March. I predict you’ll be re-visiting that one within two or three weeks.

I take your point but I really do think Norwich are gone. Their fixtures are a comparative doddle, plus the five points gap - bookmakers have them as short odds for the title. Never say never I guess but based on everything we've seen about them this season, I really think they win the league from here.

4. Sorry, but too close to cap-doffing Dirty Corrupt Leeds for comfort. They’re not that good! They are a despicably arrogant and deluded bunch already, without encouragement from us.

Please don’t take offence. Just my (very important) opinions. Keep up the excellent work.

❤️⚔️

I really think they are good! The league table kind of agrees :) I guess I respect the effect that Bielsa has had there (think they were what, 15th last season with largely the same team?), their ridiculous work rate (they just never seem to stop running with or without the ball), and then you've got Pablo Hernandez who is fantastic.

Shame about the attitude of Alioski and Jansson though o_O

Great stuff. Going to miss Blades pod this weekend - how about assessing Blades players performance for ROI and looking forward to a Bristol preview. We need realistic expectations going into that one.

Back
Top Bottom