BladesPod - an FA Cup run, transfer latest, and Palace preview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Beans

Reaction score

I know a few of you think I'm a bit harsh on Roygbiv , but in this episode he's even admitted he watches United in bed (quickly corrected to 'on the bed').

Still a very good pod though.....

I know a few of you think I'm a bit harsh on Roygbiv , but in this episode he's even admitted he watches United in bed (quickly corrected to 'on the bed').

Still a very good pod though.....

I'm now concerned about Roygbiv enjoying a strum whilst watching the first half.

Enjoyed the pod again. I also noticed the lecture that AK was giving Robinson when he was subbed, doesn't seem to be the behaviour of a coach with a player who doesn't have a long term future with us.

I'm with Andrew on the Berge rumour, it reminds me of some of the signings of yesteryear where we are being used as a shop window for players to further their career, not a normal CWAK signing for me. If it happens then great, but it won't!

I'm now concerned about Roygbiv enjoying a strum whilst watching the first half.

Enjoyed the pod again. I also noticed the lecture that AK was giving Robinson when he was subbed, doesn't seem to be the behaviour of a coach with a player who doesn't have a long term future with us.

I'm with Andrew on the Berge rumour, it reminds me of some of the signings of yesteryear where we are being used as a shop window for players to further their career, not a normal CWAK signing for me. If it happens then great, but it won't!
Get him in...what better shop window than playing for the Blades in the Premier League?!
Then once he’s in, we can capture a Champions League spot and Sander will come to realise he’s already living amongst greatness.

Get him in...what better shop window than playing for the Blades in the Premier League?!
Then once he’s in, we can capture a Champions League spot and Sander will come to realise he’s already living amongst greatness.

Would be a great signing, however the pessimist in me can see me looking back in a few years when we're in financial ruin in the Championship and citing this signing as the point where we started throwing money around. Miserablist view maybe but it just doesn't feel like a Sheffield United signing.

I'm with Andrew on the Berge rumour, it reminds me of some of the signings of yesteryear where we are being used as a shop window for players to further their career, not a normal CWAK signing for me.

To stretch the analogy, I'm not sure he will ever make our Haymarket shop as his agent would obviously prefer a swanky Ecclesall Rd boutique. From the Daily Fascist (via the Beeb):

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f.../Sander-Berge-talks-27m-Sheffield-United.html

"Despite several clubs showing interest, Sheffield United are understood to be the only club who has made an offer for the 21-year-old.

Sheffield United are considering Mady Camara of Olympiakos and Hoffenheim's Florian Grillitsch as alternative targets should they fail to reach agreement with Genk over a deal for Berge. "

It's a classic tactic to see who else can be smoked out. Manyoo are desperate to buy someone, anyone in fact, so if they can't get Fernandes, then I'm sure they'd stick a bid in. It's chicken feed for them. After all, if CW/AK want him, he must be good eh?

They did the same with Dan James and our £12-15m was blown out of the water, by them offering the Swans £20m and the kid at least double the wages we'd have paid.

great as always , cheers for doing these

Loving the Leon thinking ,
I can see it now, last minute - Cup final drawing 1-1 , boiling hot day and t'old Leon pops up with the winner and during wild celebrations throws gloves into the crowd and a statue of said gloves is resurrected in the car park !

Another great listen, made a crawl along the A47 almost enjoyable.

Would be a great signing, however the pessimist in me can see me looking back in a few years when we're in financial ruin in the Championship and citing this signing as the point where we started throwing money around. Miserablist view maybe but it just doesn't feel like a Sheffield United signing.
Yeah, but none of this run under Wilder feels like the “Sheffield United” I’ve known throughout my lifetime...all we’ve enjoyed recently is success and attractive football - this era feels different!
This isn’t the ugly child only a mother could love, this is a handsome straight-A student capable of greatness.
I trust CWAK’s stewardship and this trust extends to their transfer dealings...they wouldn’t sign him if he wasn’t right for club.
The fee for McBurnie didn’t feel like Sheffield United but this is the position we find ourselves and we should shop accordingly to keep us there.

Yeah, but none of this run under Wilder feels like the “Sheffield United” I’ve known throughout my lifetime...all we’ve enjoyed recently is success and attractive football - this era feels different!
This isn’t the ugly child only a mother could love, this is a handsome straight-A student capable of greatness.
I trust CWAK’s stewardship and this trust extends to their transfer dealings...they wouldn’t sign him if he wasn’t right for club.
The fee for McBurnie didn’t feel like Sheffield United but this is the position we find ourselves and we should shop accordingly to keep us there.

Hopefully he’s given more of a chance by some of our fans than McBurnie if he signs.

He’s tall and his style looks quite languid so the signs aren’t good. Just hope he pulls his socks up to the generally accepted height.

Hopefully he’s given more of a chance by some of our fans than McBurnie if he signs.

He’s tall and his style looks quite languid so the signs aren’t good. Just hope he pulls his socks up to the generally accepted height.
Same - it’s a really big ask for anyone to come and fit straight into our system. All January transfers should at least be given the benefit of a preseason before us fans write them off.

Back
Top Bottom