Blades senior officials self isolating

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade58

Once a Blade, always a daft ****
Reaction score
5 of the clubs senior officials apparently self isolating after someone high up has copped for COVID

Nixon says that negotiations to get Brewster in had to be conducted remotely

Rag? You brought it...

I can't get over people getting newspapers in 2020. I don't think I have even touched one in a decade.

Good for you Berks Blade

I buy a rag at weekends. I read two rags online during the week

So what buddy

Good for you Berks Blade

I buy a rag at weekends. I read two rags online during the week

So what buddy

Just find it old fashioned myself. Be like saying I still read Teletext nothing personal!

Is this true ?
Where has it been reported?
Or is it fake account

Actually BB, there’s nothing quite like turning the pages of a good old fashioned broadsheet come the weekend :)

Isn't that the same thing with books and (yawn) reports.

I find when you read on a computer you often miss things that you dont when you print it out. Maybe it is how we are hard wired. Dunno

Stuck in Bettis' bastard laundry basket for another week now bloody hell

14 days. Should get us through to the end of the domestic window.

Actually BB, there’s nothing quite like turning the pages of a good old fashioned broadsheet come the weekend :)
I buy the Yorkshire Post on Saturdays.

It's more of a regional magazine than a newspaper but I can read without adverts flashing up in my eyeline every 10 seconds and I always find interesting bits that I didn't previously know about Gods own county.

I buy the Yorkshire Post on Saturdays.

It's more of a regional magazine than a newspaper but I can read without adverts flashing up in my eyeline every 10 seconds and I always find interesting bits that I didn't previously know about Gods own county.
I too get the YP on Saturdays and it’s a great read.
This season it seems to concentrate on Leeds : I wonder why ?

The shift from paper to electronic. It’s one of the things that the younger generation have missed out on and not realised. The slow march of technology strips away the pleasure from paper & replaces with the coldness of digital.

They may have MP3’s, but they’ll never know the pleasure of buying a record and taking it home, putting it on and listening to it whilst reading the linear notes. Nor will they experience the simple pleasure of lifting a mattress, retrieving a favourite jazz mag, prising it open and finding comfort in its well thumbed pages.

The shift from paper to electronic. It’s one of the things that the younger generation have missed out on and not realised. The slow march of technology strips away the pleasure from paper & replaces with the coldness of digital.

They may have MP3’s, but they’ll never know the pleasure of buying a record and taking it home, putting it on and listening to it whilst reading the linear notes. Nor will they experience the simple pleasure of lifting a mattress, retrieving a favourite jazz mag, prising it open and finding comfort in its well thumbed pages.

There was a cross over period, where the well thumbed jazz mag was replaced by a recordable DVD with 'Red Hot Chili Peppers' scrawled across the front in permanent marker, but actually contained 'Sex with nurses vol 2' which had been copied numerous times from a dvd in your mates dad's collection and distributed widely across your college year group.

Do you like Jazz?!!

I miss the top twenty based on records sold in the NME, and FAMILY FAVOURITES on Sunday, Dick Barton, Jet Morgan, and Educating Archie, on steam radio, proper pay cash turn styles, etc, but then that's life in it, and I don't fancy the alternative much ..... 🥴 😴

I used to buy 2 a day up to March this year ,havent bought one since and never will do again. Cunts like Piers Morgan showed the media up for what they are and decided I dont need that depressive shit in my life. Thats all papers representing all parties ,as for people who buy them for their political persuasion ,really ?

Newspaper websites are great and convenient and up-to-date but they can't beat the pleasure of reading a physical newspaper if you've got time to read it, which I rarely do.

I remember buying vinyl and rushing home to see if it was a porky prime cut. That'll show my age.

Back
Top Bottom