Blades Favourite XI

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kelly
Badger
Maguire
McGrath
Hemsley

Woodward
Currie
Cowans
Whitehouse

Deane
Edwards

Dearden, Hodgy, Sharp, Geary, Walker Booker, Brown

Henderson
Lowton, Basham, Morgan, Maguire, Stevens.
Coutts, Monty.
Duffy
Sharp, Leon.

Steve Cammack on the bench in order to come on in the dying seconds of a game against Leeds and crack in a belter of an equaliser. In 1975.
through the firework mist!
just to put it into context, Leeds scored early and proceeded to shithouse for 80 minutes.. Cammack scored in ET.. bedlam
my favourite Blades moment of all time

Deano

Walker - Jags - Murphy - Lowton

Tonge - Brown - McCall - Ndlovu

Sharp - Peschisolido

Kelly
Borbokis
Jagielka
McGrath
Nilsen
Bryson
Brown
McCall
Whitehouse
Deane
Edwards

Each player has to make at least 100 Blades appearances

Tracey

Jagielka
Morgan
Colquhoun

Brown
Currie
Salmons
Whitehouse

Woodward
Deane
Edwards

McAllister
Badger -Morgan-Kenworthy-Bolton
Woodward-Brown-Currie-Reece
Deane-Sharp.

subs /Colquhoun/Borbokis/Cockerill/lMorris/Edwards/Hatton
Bloody Hell Sitwell, that’s a fantastic first 11 and would only change Nielsen for Bolton. Love love love McAllister being in there! :) :)

1 Kelly - who else!
2 Borbokis - class, free kicks, amazing going forward, slightly less so defending! Lol
3 Stevens - that was always the position I really struggled for a favourite or decent left back! It could have been Unsworth, but he relegated us with the pen and slid on his knees so that was him out of the team for me! Honourable mention to Dave Barnes.
4 Holdsworth. In an age where we were used to cloggers in comes Holdsworth and he could mix it too as well as play and he loved the club
5 Egan - best centre half I've ever seen for us (Jags played centre mid mainly) and then there's the song! It is a favourite eleven too of course!
6 Booker - no need to elaborate
7 Paul Devlin - probably the only Blade who will list Dev but he was unplayable for a couple of seasons and gave us so much quality down the right, cost us only £200,000 and still speaks well of us
8 Mark Patterson - this is favourite not best! He was a real fans favourite back in the day and really connected with the fans.
9 Deane - as Booker
10 Sharp - Until Billy it would have been Marcelo (again I'm probably alone there!). No need for further elaboration on Billy.
11 Whitehouse - as Deane, Booker and Sharp.

By no means the best eleven but my favourite.

kelly

Bradshaw McGrath Morgan O'Connell

Morris Brown McCall Whitehouse

Deane Agana

bench Tracey, Jags, Duffy, Sharp, Beattie, Edwards, Booker

4-4-2

Tracey

Badger
Jagielka
O'Connell
Stevens

Woodward
Salmons
Coutts
Hodges

Deane
Agana

OR

5-3-2

Tracey

Walker
Maguire
Jagielka
O'Connell
Stevens

Salmons
Coutts
Norwood

Deane
Agana

that would be mine except kelly for hodgy because he was before my time ;)
edit: and jags wouldn't get anywhere near the team!

I only went with Hodgy from what my Dad said. before my time as well, as is Currie and Woodward.

I have since reconsidered Jagielka, and actually I'd probably go Stevens now. O Connell staking a claim in the defence but too early I think

I only went with Hodgy from what my Dad said. before my time as well, as is Currie and Woodward.

I have since reconsidered Jagielka, and actually I'd probably go Stevens now. O Connell staking a claim in the defence but too early I think
that midfield though! :D

We all need cheering up from the football at the moment so enjoy this trip down memory (Bramall) Lane with David from Dem Blades fanzine with a favourite Blades XI:

Back
Top Bottom