Blade's disallowed goal at Villa - The Prime Suspects...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cerberus Blade

Reaction score
I've been under the covers again, this time without a torch, and done some investigation into who may be actually at fault and to what level. Here's my findings:

1. Stockley Park

1592639076567.png

I have found no evidence at all that Stockley Park is at fault. Stockley Park is just a collection of buildings for commercial purposes mainly. Buildings are not capable of interpreting human behaviour and making decisions on it. As far as I know, the bloke on the bike in the picture had nothing to do with it either.

2. Julie Fletcher - Cleaner - Stockley Park

1592639972784.png

Julie has been a cleaner at Stockley Park for the past 7 years. It is a possibility that she might have accidentally unplugged VAR when she was plugging the vacuum cleaner in. However, I have discovered that no office cleaners were in the building on Wednesday evening. So this doesn't explain it.

3. The VAR technology itself

1592640211020.png1592640235123.png1592640273313.png1592640369537.png

Whilst the VAR technology has come under considerable criticism in its inaugural season in the Premier League, I can find no evidence that the VAR technology is to blame in this instance, because it wasn't used.

4. The blokes who operate the VAR technology

1592640595825.png

It is difficult to know for sure if the blokes who operate the VAR technology are guilty of anything in this instance, because they haven't said anything about their role in it. One suspects that they may have been working from home and not actually watching at the time?

5. The Linesman

There is a proportion of blame levelled at the linesman. Because he should have been in line with the play from that free kick and he should have been aware that the ball crossed the line and that the goalkeeper was laid in the side-netting holding it. However, we have to remember that linesmen these days are only good for the "ins and outs", i.e. "throw-ins". They don't get involved in the more technical aspects of the game, like offsides and goals anymore. We've got clever technology to do that instead. But not only that, I have to feel a bit of sympathy for the linesman because his view was obstructed by 7 different cameras at the time.

6. The Referee

1592641170438.png

The referee is the person in ultimate control and with the final say on decisions in the game. At least, it used to be that way. Nowadays referees have a relationship with the officials at Stockley Park, akin to the relationship between Sooty and Harry Corbett. The referee only does what his puppet masters allow him to do. When faced with a difficult decision, the current perceived wisdom of referees is to let someone else decide for you, or do absolutely nothing about it. In this case, despite it being obvious to the naked eye that something was amiss, the referee did not investigate it further, instead he passed the buck to a piece of technology on his wrist.

7. The Hawk-eye watch

1592641592307.png1592641637564.png

One of the above has made a major contribution to viewing entertainment. The other one has spoiled it. I will leave you to decide which is which? If we are talking about the one on the right though, then, as you can see from the image, if a goal is scored during the game, it flashes up the word "GOAL" and apparently it buzzes as well. On this occasion the watch didn't flash up "GOAL" or buzz until the half-time interval. Whether it was switched on or not before then we do not know. But we were told that for the first time in over 9000 appearances, the goal-line technology failed us and that this was due to every single one of 7 cameras being "occluded", so the ball was not detected crossing the line. It should be easy then to provide us with the 7 camera shots that were "occluded" so we can see for ourselves? Yet this has not been shared with us so far. And to make it even more perplexing, somehow, despite Hawk-eye not having a clear view of the incident, it seemed to have got photographic evidence from somewhere, during the half-time interval, that a goal had been scored. So what evidence was this based on if all 7 cameras were occluded at the time?

Conclusion

The conclusion is obvious. It's nobody's fault. We should just suck it up and get on with it and stop moaning. So what if we miss out on a multi-million pound prize as a result? So what if the wrong teams get relegated at the end of the season as a result?

It's all part of the beautiful game! :rolleyes: :oops::tumbleweed:

I've been under the covers again, this time without a torch, and done some investigation into who may be actually at fault and to what level. Here's my findings:

1. Stockley Park

View attachment 83511

I have found no evidence at all that Stockley Park is at fault. Stockley Park is just a collection of buildings for commercial purposes mainly. Buildings are not capable of interpreting human behaviour and making decisions on it. As far as I know, the bloke on the bike in the picture had nothing to do with it either.

View attachment 83512

Julie has been a cleaner at Stockley Park for the past 7 years. It is a possibility that she might have accidentally unplugged VAR when she was plugging the vacuum cleaner in. However, I have discovered that no office cleaners were in the building on Wednesday evening. So this doesn't explain it.

View attachment 83516View attachment 83517View attachment 83518View attachment 83519

Whilst the VAR technology has come under considerable criticism in its inaugural season in the Premier League, I can find no evidence that the VAR technology is to blame in this instance, because it wasn't used.

View attachment 83520

It is difficult to know for sure if the blokes who operate the VAR technology are guilty of anything in this instance, because they haven't said anything about their role in it. One suspects that they may have been working from home and not actually watching at the time?

5. The Linesman

There is a proportion of blame levelled at the linesman. Because he should have been in line with the play from that free kick and he should have been aware that the ball crossed the line and that the goalkeeper was laid in the side-netting holding it. However, we have to remember that linesmen these days are only good for the "ins and outs", i.e. "throw-ins". They don't get involved in the more technical aspects of the game, like offsides and goals anymore. We've got clever technology to do that instead. But not only that, I have to feel a bit of sympathy for the linesman because his view was obstructed by 7 different cameras at the time.

6. The Referee

View attachment 83521

The referee is the person in ultimate control and with the final say on decisions in the game. At least, it used to be that way. Nowadays referees have a relationship with the officials at Stockley Park, akin to the relationship between Sooty and Harry Corbett. The referee only does what his puppet masters allow him to do. When faced with a difficult decision, the current perceived wisdom of referees is to let someone else decide for you, or do absolutely nothing about it. In this case, despite it being obvious to the naked eye that something was amiss, the referee did not investigate it further, instead he passed the buck to a piece of technology on his wrist.

7. The Hawk-eye watch

View attachment 83522View attachment 83523

One of the above has made a major contribution to viewing entertainment. The other one has spoiled it. I will leave you to decide which is which? If we are talking about the one on the right though, then, as you can see from the image, if a goal is scored during the game, it flashes up the word "GOAL" and apparently it buzzes as well. On this occasion the watch didn't flash up "GOAL" or buzz until the half-time interval. Whether it was switched on or not before then we do not know. But we were told that for the first time in over 9000 appearances, the goal-line technology failed us and that this was due to every single one of 7 cameras being "occluded", so the ball was not detected crossing the line. It should be easy then to provide us with the 7 camera shots that were "occluded" so we can see for ourselves? Yet this has not been shared with us so far. And to make it even more perplexing, somehow, despite Hawk-eye not having a clear view of the incident, it seemed to have got photographic evidence from somewhere, during the half-time interval, that a goal had been scored. So what evidence was this based on if all 7 cameras were occluded at the time?

Conclusion

The conclusion is obvious. It's nobody's fault. We should just suck it up and get on with it and stop moaning. So what if we miss out on a multi-million pound prize as a result? So what if the wrong teams get relegated at the end of the season as a result?

It is clear that Andy Gray meddled with it you can see him right there on the computer! While the cleaner was busy with the dyson!

1. Stockley Park

View attachment 83511

View attachment 83512

View attachment 83516View attachment 83517View attachment 83518View attachment 83519

View attachment 83520

5. The Linesman

6. The Referee

View attachment 83521

7. The Hawk-eye watch

Conclusion

That's funny. Another bonus of lockdown - people having time to develop their creative skills.

1. Stockley Park

View attachment 83511

View attachment 83512

View attachment 83520

5. The Linesman

6. The Referee

View attachment 83521

7. The Hawk-eye watch

Conclusion

That’s really made me laugh 👍

1. Stockley Park

View attachment 83511

View attachment 83512

View attachment 83520

5. The Linesman

6. The Referee

View attachment 83521

7. The Hawk-eye watch

Conclusion

Are you thinking of submitting that to the Dem Blades fanzine? If not you should

Has anyone worked out which is the next game where Hawkeye will fail, could there be a prize available.

So 9000 -3 only 8997 more to go. 👀

Has anyone worked out which is the next game where Hawkeye will fail, could there be a prize available.

So 9000 -3 only 8997 more to go. 👀
It hasn't been used 9000 times though only a couple of hundred and how do we know it was right then ? We just assumed it was before

It hasn't been used 9000 times though only a couple of hundred and how do we know it was right then ? We just assumed it was before

You’re quite right - nobody actually knows if the goal-line tech is right or wrong. To date, when it has gone off we see a lovely computer- generated image of the ball and the line. It could be a few inches out, but nobody knows and everybody just says that it’s wonderful now goal-line decisions are spot on! It has given us total clarity, which in different situations may or may not be close to actual reality.

Back
Top Bottom