Blades Beer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

£3.50 a can! Is it at least nice?

You have to take a test before getting one. If you're a clapper, you get half a glass full. If you're a slasher, your glass comes half empty.

Aye and if you're a doomsayer You buy it, McCabe sups it, pisses up the wall i& flogs your glass (for a pittance)

Amidst the many fine craft breweries in Sheffield and Yorkshire more broadly, we appear to have gone for a Derbyshire based brewery.

Sacrilege.
Clowne though. It’s not that far from Sheffield. And parts of Sheffield used to be in Derbyshire (hence Derbyshire Lane), a lot of the area south east of Meersbrook I think.

South Derbyshire can fuck off though

Why haven't we got a shire?

Derbyshire all up in our business. Should be Sheafshire, they can coco.

If only there was an irreverent Sheffield United Beer Blogger who wasn't still in Portugal after the UEFA Nations League, and about to travel to Italy for the UEFA U21 EUROs, who could taste this beer & give his/her considered opinion. I miss those days......
Phil just looking at the advert you know it's going to be shite but if you're desperate I'll nip down and get you a can in case they sell out ;)

Phil just looking at the advert you know it's going to be shite but if you're desperate I'll nip down and get you a can in case they sell out ;)

Aluminium can so no Magnet will stick to it ;)

Probably 330 ml because it is trendy (profitable).

Er, yes and no.

You do know that London Road was never part of Dick Whittington's manor, don't you?

Amidst the many fine craft breweries in Sheffield and Yorkshire more broadly, we appear to have gone for a Derbyshire based brewery.

Sacrilege.
They make beers in collaboration with some Sheffield brewers though, like Sentinel (as was). Looks like a pretty good set up tbh. Wonder if Matty Lawton has owt to do with it? He’s from there.

I know a large chunk in Sheffield was previously part of Derbys thank you and I acknowledged that. The old Anglo Saxon boundary between Nortumbria and Mercia (to be conquered by Wessex), was the River Sheaf. Everything south of the Sheaf (pretty much running alongside present day Abbeydale Road until Heeley), was in Mercia/Wessex, whereas what we know as Yorkshire, was all in Nortumbria.

Not a very good article but better than nowt:

It makes the point that the first bit of the boundary was the River Limb which flows from Ringiglow, through Whirlow and Dore, down into the Sheaf.

Last edited:
Killamarsh is on the border, thankfully classed as Sheffield S/Y, but with Derbyshire council.
It's abit of a corner pin, as Halfway is Sheffield S/Y too, the top of killamarsh is edged with Rotherham S/Y and Derbyshire.

Mosborough is now Sheffield.....Eckington is still in Derbyshire. White lane,before it reaches the Phoenix pub, becomes Derbyshire.....I had my first driving lesson on there.....in Derbyshire 😁

Nice slurp. £3.50 a can or 4 for £12. Lager beer. It's like Oranjeboom. Gave me a wobble on after 3 of them.

The Bar/Brewery that made the beer make some cracking brews from Lager type Kolsch's to Stout's. Well worth giving them a visit or trying a few of their beers. One of the best new local breweries of the past couple of years. Definately one of my favourites, along with Lost Industry (Been around a while longer).

I've turned the Carrier Bag Firm & Beer Blogging into a nice little revenue stream. I won't be reviewing it unless they send a limo to take me to the Brewery & back and ply me with free cans. It's a simple business call for them, they can see how many Twitter followers I've got. Don't forget to click on the Advertisement Links on my Blog. Stay hydrated.....
www.ball-sup.blogspot.com

Killamarsh is on the border, thankfully classed as Sheffield S/Y, but with Derbyshire council.
It's abit of a corner pin, as Halfway is Sheffield S/Y too, the top of killamarsh is edged with Rotherham S/Y and Derbyshire.

I'm from Killamarsh, half the village in SY, the other half is technically Derbyshire. Most of us would unequivocally class ourselves as Yorkshire folk though. It's easier (and nicer) to say your'e from Sheffield rather than Chesterfield 😂

I'm from Killamarsh, half the village in SY, the other half is technically Derbyshire. Most of us would unequivocally class ourselves as Yorkshire folk though. It's easier (and nicer) to say your'e from Sheffield rather than Chesterfield 😂
Actually, the border is the river Rother, so technically the whole village is Der............, I can't do it!, but still classed as Sheffield.

They were selling a different Blades Beer in the Sentinal before the Ipswich game

They've missed an 's' off the label on the cans.

You fill up my sense.

Sureley better with a Wednesday beer?

That would go down better and stay down.

I'd be bothered about being up all night burping with the Blades beer as it will forever be going up.

Back
Top Bottom