Blackman must be gutted...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My “tactic” was to roll the ball towards the corner after the save, to make sure at least my team mates knew I’d touched it
And what did you say to them when you missed the corner and the other team scored...?

I was more concerned he was going to carry the ball into the net late on when he needlessly fell backwards after taking a fairly straightforward catch :confused::eek:

And what did you say to them when you missed the corner and the other team scored...?

As all keepers should know its always the defenders fault. The keeper can do nowt wrong.

P.s (Just in case TonyAgana spots this, the above comment does not count if said keeper has drunk a considerable amount of JD before the match, and decides to watch the ball go wide, while it actually goes in the net)

I was a keeper from an early age.
As a kid, I was only small with small hands and catching it was a problem when we went up to a size 5. My manager was always telling me to punch it. If possible with 2 hands to "get some distance".
One particular match someone lofted a cross towards the back post and I felt my confidence rise. As I shaped to catch it I could hear the manager shouting "punch it Billy, punch it!!!!" I rose majestically and placed both hands at the back of the ball in the textbook position to catch it. It stuck to my hands like they were covered in jizz and I landed, on my feet, with it in my hands. I was absolutely fucking buzzing as I back-pedalled with the momentum. That same momentum carried me backwards and caused me to collide with the post. The shock of the post collision caused the ball to ping from my hands and hit me on the top of the head bouncing into the goal.

I tended to punch it after that :D

As all keepers should know its always the defenders fault. The keeper can do nowt wrong.

P.s (Just in case TonyAgana spots this, the above comment does not count if said keeper has drunk a considerable amount of JD before the match, and decides to watch the ball go wide, while it actually goes in the net)
Delighted to see that goalkeeping standards in local football have changed little in 50 years.

Just a gentle reminder that the last competitive goal I scored was when I calmly slotted one under your sprawling body. A poignant end to an illustrious 6-a-side career.

Just a gentle reminder that the last competitive goal I scored was when I calmly slotted one under your sprawling body. A poignant end to an illustrious 6-a-side career.
(I know we're going OT here but oh well...)
Last goal I scored was in a 5-a-side tournament, perfect ball to just stride up to knocked it back across the goal sweetly into the corner, unstoppable.
I was wearing some cheap 'blades' which bit into the ground and broke my ankle without a hint of a struggle and no pain. It was only when I went to stand up again that the difficulties started.

(I know we're going OT here but oh well...)
Last goal I scored was in a 5-a-side tournament, perfect ball to just stride up to knocked it back across the goal sweetly into the corner, unstoppable.
I was wearing some cheap 'blades' which bit into the ground and broke my ankle without a hint of a struggle and no pain. It was only when I went to stand up again that the difficulties started.
Oof. Me and Rusty view played at Millmoor a number of years ago and I sprained my ankle trying to chop someone down. I went to Leeds Gen the day after and there were TV crews all over the place. Felt quite humbled when I realised they weren't there for me but for Richard Hammond who'd mangled himself for ratings and was in a coma.

Back
Top Bottom