Billy Sharp real ale

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Peezablade

Reaction score
There aren't enough Billy Sharp threads on here so.....
As Abbeydale Brewery are the nearest to BDTBL perhaps they should brew a lovely 4.4% golden ale in honour of our hero.
But what should it be called?
I'll go for Sharpshooter. Or Billy's 100.
And would it ever get sold at t'Lane?

Let’s make it 10% to go with the number 10 on his shirt. Then we get the crowd to knock a pint of it back and applaud every 10 minutes. It will be interesting to see how long they can go before they lose the ability to clap or tell the time!

No not 4.4% please! It should be something much stronger than that if it is meant to represent our Billy. I'd suggest something deceptively strong with a long finish. 8% minimum, with a good head.;)

It should be strong enough that after a pint of it you'll feel lazy and your legs will have gone.

Right Brain Brewery, in Michigan USA brew a 9.2% Imperial Stout called Fat Lad

Closer to home the North Riding Brew Pub in Scarborough brews Fat Lads Mild at 4.2%

And, I think Sentinel Brewing, maybe becoming Triple Point Brewing owned by Kangavar Brewing, actually on Shoreham Street is closer than Abbeydale Brewery. I Blogged about that brewery just this very week. Link.....

https://ball-sup.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-kermanshah-arms.html

How about a stout called Defiantly Aged! Or a session ale called Yorkshire Sniper.

Why not "fat lad from Sheffield"?

Stout And strong enough to respect but light enough to put plenty away...:)

sheffield-united-cfsshuh9615.jpg

FOR LEGENDARY COMEBACKS BILLY SHARP'S NAME DESERVES THE VERY BEST OF SHEFFIELD BEERS!

Right Brain Brewery, in Michigan USA brew a 9.2% Imperial Stout called Fat Lad

Closer to home the North Riding Brew Pub in Scarborough brews Fat Lads Mild at 4.2%

And, I think Sentinel Brewing, maybe becoming Triple Point Brewing owned by Kangavar Brewing, actually on Shoreham Street is closer than Abbeydale Brewery. I Blogged about that brewery just this very week. Link.....

https://ball-sup.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-kermanshah-arms.html
I didn't count Sentinel. They keep going bust and owing local creditors hard earned money before starting up again in a new format.
Stick to honest breweries.
A mild at 4.2% sounds interesting.

I have about half a dozen each of empty cans of the promotion and champions special edition lager from Sentinel.

Sharp's Caramelised Onion Bag

Earthy but sweet stout, a pleasant spice on the back of the throat.

With a warning on the bottle.
Never knowingly sold in S6.

I still have a can of Sentinal "Champions 2017" lager in the fridge, with the United red and white stripes.

The premier or regular version?

And isn’t that brewery closer than the Abbeydale one mentioned in the OP? Got to be surely.

I didn't count Sentinel. They keep going bust and owing local creditors hard earned money before starting up again in a new format.
Stick to honest breweries.
A mild at 4.2% sounds interesting.
That's roughly what I said in my linked Blog post.

Gerrit supped! Keep the can for sentimental reasons. Alcohol is for drinking not keeping!!!

I drank all the others pal, saving this one for this season, so I can cut out a number "9", and stick it to the can, so it reads "Champions 2019" and I can sup it at the end of this season.

Back
Top Bottom