Billy Sharp - New banner for the Kop

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How big is going to be ? £300’s worth isn’t going to be big. I think whoever is organising this needs to speak directly to the H & S management to consult on how large it can be. Then take it from there, if it needed more cash then iam certain the target would be met. Lets do this properly!

Last edited:
I agree Glyn Hodges left foot but GallonofMagnet knows his stuff, I don't know the answers to any of your questions but I have faith that he will do a good job.

I'm just glad people haven't come on moaning about the size, the player, the position etc etc because we won't all agree on everything and like with the Wilder one it'll just never get made. Someone has thrown his hat into the ring and instead of trying to change owt- I say we back him and if anyone disagrees with bits and would have done it differently.... they can step up and attempt the Wilder one after.

Cool, and I do get your point. The point I don't get is why comment and be negative on a thread full of people happy and positive about it? Just quietly don't put in, you're obvious not against it or outraged so just let us crack on.
Each to their own I guess.

I thought it was a "forum".

Apologies if I've offended sensitivities.

We didn't do a flag for Mel Rees and we certainly should have.

The club is bigger than one person.
No, the club announced that they were going to rename the john street stand after him.But they didn’t. Any, nowadays its alot easier to get these things organised thanks to the internet. Billy has just made history, he is an icon, a club legend and now is the time to recognise it. Yes the club is bigger than him, and will be there long after him but he is Sheffield United, without all of his goals you know where we would be ! Together with Wilder we are witnessing a ‘roy of the rovers’ story. We’ve never had it so good and needs to be recognised. Enjoy it, because all good things come to an end....

No, the club announced that they were going to rename the john street stand after him.But they didn’t. Any, nowadays its alot easier to get these things organised thanks to the internet. Billy has just made history, he is an icon, a club legend and now is the time to recognise it. Yes the club is bigger than him, and will be there long after him but he is Sheffield United, without all of his goals you know where we would be ! Together with Wilder we are witnessing a ‘roy of the rovers’ story. We’ve never had it so good and needs to be recognised. Enjoy it, because all good things come to an end....

And the internet gives rise to instant gratification. Why not a flag for Curry? Or Deane? Or Rees?

Mine has gone through the off shore outer space account of the Crab Nebula (don't say owt to vern), might take some time to arrive....might also come with a football, the football not of my doing...has been on it's travels a while.....:oops:.....

I think it was one of Dem Blades match reviews that referred to him as 'Captain. Leader. Chicken Legend'.

We need that draped along the BLUT hoardings. :)

We didn't do a flag for Mel Rees and we certainly should have.

The club is bigger than one person.
Seriously.....,.,,from my era I’d have Jones Woodward and Hodgkinson but things change and we should all just chill out and celebrate a fantastic Blade as the current fashions allow. Takes nothing away from Rees who was superb.

Last edited:
Cool, and I do get your point. The point I don't get is why comment and be negative on a thread full of people happy and positive about it? Just quietly don't put in, you're obvious not against it or outraged so just let us crack on.
Each to their own I guess.

Can't remember why I thought it was a bad idea this morning. Maybe because it was along day at work, or too much beer...

But on reflection, I shall donate. Apologies for being curmudgeonly.

Can't remember why I thought it was a bad idea this morning. Maybe because it was along day at work, or too much beer...

But on reflection, I shall donate. Apologies for being curmudgeonly.

I might donate, because as well as Sharp deserving a flag at the very least, you e used the word ‘curmudgeonly’. Bravo.

Back
Top Bottom