Billy Sharp - Let's Show our appreciation

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

RowTBlade10

Reaction score
I am fully aware that I am probably going to get laughed at or people won't be interested, however if there is anyone this season that deserves to hear our appreciation and support it is our captain, our leader, our top goalscorer Billy Sharp.

I realise that our duty as fans is to support the full 11 on the pitch - however I think based on what Billy Sharp has done in his most recent spell we should go above and beyond and celebrate him especially at the game v Reading tomorrow.

Just a bit of perspective..... Billy has had his fair share of tragedy in his personal life and in the circumstances has continued to perform at a consistently high level where ever he has played. In 'The Adkins' season despite our awful league performance Billy scored 21 League Goals. Without his goals we'd have probably been relegated to league two. A season later, Under Sir Christopher Wilder, he helped guide us to promotion scoring 30 Goals. Last season in our first season back in the championship he scored a modest 13 goals and this season he is already on 22 League goals. As you know he is a born goalscorer and if things continue to go as they are he will easily match the 30 goals he scored two seasons ago. Let's make the match a dedication to Billy - our modern day blades legend. Inspire him and the rest of the squad to victory and set us on the path to a successful end of season. If Anyone deserves it - he does!

My suggestion is that we give him a standing ovation and a minute of applause and celebration on 10 minutes (Squad number). Any other suggestions?

Tin hat on...

Up The Blades

I am fully aware that I am probably going to get laughed at or people won't be interested, however if there is anyone this season that deserves to hear our appreciation and support it is our captain, our leader, our top goalscorer Billy Sharp.

I realise that our duty as fans is to support the full 11 on the pitch - however I think based on what Billy Sharp has done in his most recent spell we should go above and beyond and celebrate him especially at the game v Reading tomorrow.

Just a bit of perspective..... Billy has had his fair share of tragedy in his personal life and in the circumstances has continued to perform at a consistently high level where ever he has played. In 'The Adkins' season despite our awful league performance Billy scored 21 League Goals. Without his goals we'd have probably been relegated to league two. A season later, Under Sir Christopher Wilder, he helped guide us to promotion scoring 30 Goals. Last season in our first season back in the championship he scored a modest 13 goals and this season he is already on 22 League goals. As you know he is a born goalscorer and if things continue to go as they are he will easily match the 30 goals he scored two seasons ago. Let's make the match a dedication to Billy - our modern day blades legend. Inspire him and the rest of the squad to victory and set us on the path to a successful end of season. If Anyone deserves it - he does!

My suggestion is that we give him a standing ovation and a minute of applause and celebration on 10 minutes (Squad number). Any other suggestions?

Tin hat on...

Up The Blades

Have a whip round and get him a meal voucher for a Toby Carvery.

Why is this a Tin hat post? Give yourself more credit pal. This is a great idea and I'll be on my feet at home at 310pm as I can't make it.

Can we stand and clap on 22 aswell for his number of league goals...

and 2nd minute for his assists...

Smashing.

Why is it ridiculous? Genuine Question? Maybe I am getting a bit ahead of myself.....

Do it at end of the season.

Doing at Reading at home is just a bit random.

We show our appreciation every game by singing We’ve got Billy Sharp and applauding when he comes on and then off the pitch. Lovely thought mate but it would be more impacting when he retires maybe?

Why is it ridiculous? Genuine Question? Maybe I am getting a bit ahead of myself.....

Wouldn’t say it’s ridiculous but appreciation should be left until the end of the season when his job has been done.
Also to be honest it’s a team game. Billy’s great performances have a lot to do with his team mates supporting him.
Can you imagine the stadium giving him a round of applause on 10 minutes, then he plays poorly the rest of the game and we lose. Some forum members would probably blame you for unsetting his concentration and putting him off his normal game.

You know what, he doesn’t get enough national recognition imho. Is there a case for some sort of gong?

How about we just try & make a decent atmosphere for a change? Instead of waiting for the ref to make a few crap decisions...
We're 3rd in the table, playing the best football most of us have ever seen a United team play, with a Blade as Captain, manager & Chairman.
Don't take it for granted 'cos it wont last forever, enjoy while we can & get behind them from the start.

He will get plenty of praise before he packs in. The season he hangs them up I'm sure he will get a huge send off.
During the run in though seems a bit odd.
If we go up I will have a statue made of him, but even he would find it a bit premature doing something now.

let's freeze him in carbonite so we can keep him forever!

Back
Top Bottom