Big 6 having a bad year myth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BladeByChoice

Reaction score
I’ve heard it a few times this year from Arsenal supporting mates and friends in Rotherham, we’re only doing so well because the big 6 are having a bad year.

Assuming the big 6 are Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea, this is utter crap. The last time the big 6 had a bad year 15/16 Leicester won with 81 points and 54 would have given us 9th.

The subsequent years, when the big 6 finished in the top 6 places 54 points would have given us;

16/17 8th

17/18 7th

18/19 8th

So not much difference then. The problem is the jump from mid 50s up to mid 70s to get amongst the big 6 and stay there.

The frustrating thing this year is that Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, and in the first half of the season Man United all appeared very inconsistent, far from convincing, overpriced rubbish - devoid of anything like a game plan. It's disappointing to finish below them. How nuts is that.

Our results were more deliberate, achieved by a notable game plan, good training and togetherness. We were better value for money.

Little old Bournemouth haven't done badly have they, when they went up everyone thought they would come straight back down, the following season was the usual second season syndrome, well I know they have by a whisker been relegated but five year's?

The frustrating thing this year is that Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, and in the first half of the season Man United all appeared very inconsistent, far from convincing, overpriced rubbish - devoid of anything like a game plan. It's disappointing to finish below them. How nuts is that.

Our results were more deliberate, achieved by a notable game plan, good training and togetherness. We were better value for money.

It will be more of the same next year. Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal will spend big money - but God knows whether it'll make them better or worse. You'd expect others like Everton, Newcastle and Palace to change managers/spend money/both - but again, there's no certainty that will make them better.

All we can do is focus on improving and developing. We do that then we'll be fine and in a similar position next season! Cant see 10+ teams improving as well. We just need to concentrate on our own plans and we'll be fine!

It’s the same every year. The press/social media narrative surrounding the top 6 and reality are two very different things.

Only 4 of them can obtain a champions league spot and only one can win the league so the rest are painted as basket cases, especially if they get off to a slow start or lose a couple on the bounce.

Little old Bournemouth haven't done badly have they, when they went up everyone thought they would come straight back down, the following season was the usual second season syndrome, well I know they have by a whisker been relegated but five year's?
Little old Bourmouth, hey? Always tickles me! Absolute scumbag of a club, who are backed by an oligarch, blew multiple millions cheating their way through FFP or whatever it’s called now, on an home support of 8,000 on good day. Make me physically sick. How many times have they been in administration? Cheats never prosper, do they? As for their antics at the Lane? The mythical genius that is Eddie Howe? Eddie Howe can lick my dogs anus 7 hours after she’s had raw tripe and emptied her bowels.

The 'big 6' are in a state of flux at the moment. I personally think Wolves and Leicester are now better than Arsenal and Tottenham so they are 'big' in reputation and expectation only.

They’ve filled 5 out of the top 6 places this season , certainly the break & 5 subs appears to have handed them an advantage particularly Man U & Spurs . Pre Covid Kane & Son we’re out for the season and Spurs we’re slipping down the table , not a bad shot in arm getting them two back . Even Leicester who have a lot more depth than us struggled at the end

Little old Bourmouth, hey? Always tickles me! Absolute scumbag of a club, who are backed by an oligarch, blew multiple millions cheating their way through FFP or whatever it’s called now, on an home support of 8,000 on good day. Make me physically sick. How many times have they been in administration? Cheats never prosper, do they? As for their antics at the Lane? The mythical genius that is Eddie Howe? Eddie Howe can lick my dogs anus 7 hours after she’s had raw tripe and emptied her bowels.
Reading between the lines you don't like Bournemouth do you Bander

Back
Top Bottom