Best of luck for the season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Coulthirst, not the first to drop down from prem academy and rise.

Should be 2-2. Nobody will mention the blatent dive penalty though after.

Hope that cheating bastard gets slapped down..

Seen the replay on slow motion. a few times, it looks like he might have slipped rather than deliberately fell.
He’s expecting a challenge and doesn’t plant his left foot properly, slips slightly which seems to make lose his balance.

Just got back from the match. I was surprised that Brentford put their full first team out. They were decent footballers and Brentford played with two very wide players. In truth Barnet rode their luck a bit, but you do need luck in the cup.
Brentford knew they had been in a game. I couldn't see the penalty incident as I was down the other end, I will have to watch the recording tomorrow.
For Barnet fans it was great to see us getting a draw against a Championside team, I don't see much Championship football, but if they are a lower mid-table team Sheffield United must be bloody good.
It was good to read all your comments, thank you so much. We are still in it! Our other North London neighbours Arsenal and Spurs are being a bit conspicuous by their silence (ha ha).
Swansea away for the winners. I must assume it will be Brentford travelling down to Wales, but YOU NEVER KNOW!!
All the best, Blades fans, from a very happy Real Bee.

They played really well again, against a strong Brentford team. Having VAR at some grounds and not others is making a mockery of the competition. If it's unfeasible to have at all grounds, due to infrastructure etc, then it shouldn't be at any.

I'd agree, however as the pigs had a penalty chalked off via VAR I think it's hilarious that had they played at Castle Rustskull they would have had a penalty. If it went against us I'd be annoyed though!

They played really well again, against a strong Brentford team. Having VAR at some grounds and not others is making a mockery of the competition. If it's unfeasible to have at all grounds, due to infrastructure etc, then it shouldn't be at any.

Don’t get this line of thought. Some pigs are peddling it as well - they would be wouldn’t they.
How does the absence of VAR at Barnet mean VAR shouldn’t be used to put right a dodgy decision at Chelsea? Could understand the argument if getting a decision right at Chelsea had a direct effect on Barnet but it doesn’t.
Anybody suggesting that it could affect one result and would therefore affect the whole outcome of the competition has probably seen Back to the Future too many times.

Just got back from the match. I was surprised that Brentford put their full first team out. They were decent footballers and Brentford played with two very wide players. In truth Barnet rode their luck a bit, but you do need luck in the cup.
Brentford knew they had been in a game. I couldn't see the penalty incident as I was down the other end, I will have to watch the recording tomorrow.
For Barnet fans it was great to see us getting a draw against a Championside team, I don't see much Championship football, but if they are a lower mid-table team Sheffield United must be bloody good.
It was good to read all your comments, thank you so much. We are still in it! Our other North London neighbours Arsenal and Spurs are being a bit conspicuous by their silence (ha ha).
Swansea away for the winners. I must assume it will be Brentford travelling down to Wales, but YOU NEVER KNOW!!
All the best, Blades fans, from a very happy Real Bee.
Great game. Watched it last night and compared to the Chelsea - Pigs game was like a breath of fresh air. Two teams going for the win, playing at top pace, fans non stop support. Compared to the Chelsea team and fans ( 10000 not bothering to turn up ) who didn't look bothered and a disgraceful show from the Pigs, there dislike of going over the half way line and phoney "we're on TV backing " was like chalk and cheese. Well done Bees and good luck in the replay.By the way when I worked in Barnet sometimes went to Underhill. Is this still the same site for the current ground?

Great game. Watched it last night and compared to the Chelsea - Pigs game was like a breath of fresh air. Two teams going for the win, playing at top pace, fans non stop support. Compared to the Chelsea team and fans ( 10000 not bothering to turn up ) who didn't look bothered and a disgraceful show from the Pigs, there dislike of going over the half way line and phoney "we're on TV backing " was like chalk and cheese. Well done Bees and good luck in the replay.By the way when I worked in Barnet sometimes went to Underhill. Is this still the same site for the current ground?

No, we have a new ground but it is six miles away from Barnet in Edgware. Our local council were very unsupportive of us building a second stadium in Barnet (I loved Underhill but it was getting very delapidated) so our Chairman gave up banging his head against a brick wall and moved us out of town. To add insult to injury Barnet Council allowed Saracens the use of an Athletics stadium which is in the borough, the same stadium we had tried to get a few years earlier.
We've now got a nice new tidy ground, many of the International teams (Brazil, Germany, Spain and lots of others) have trained at The Hive before playing at Wembley.
I really hope that we can have a PSF against the Blades so you can come down and sample our hospitality.

Castle Rustskull
Brilliant :D

Great game. Watched it last night and compared to the Chelsea - Pigs game was like a breath of fresh air. Two teams going for the win, playing at top pace, fans non stop support. Compared to the Chelsea team and fans ( 10000 not bothering to turn up ) who didn't look bothered and a disgraceful show from the Pigs, there dislike of going over the half way line and phoney "we're on TV backing " was like chalk and cheese. Well done Bees and good luck in the replay

Agreed. Proper game of F.A. cup footy.

No, we have a new ground but it is six miles away from Barnet in Edgware. Our local council were very unsupportive of us building a second stadium in Barnet (I loved Underhill but it was getting very delapidated) so our Chairman gave up banging his head against a brick wall and moved us out of town. To add insult to injury Barnet Council allowed Saracens the use of an Athletics stadium which is in the borough, the same stadium we had tried to get a few years earlier.
We've now got a nice new tidy ground, many of the International teams (Brazil, Germany, Spain and lots of others) have trained at The Hive before playing at Wembley.
I really hope that we can have a PSF against the Blades so you can come down and sample our hospitality.

Birthplace of God himself. You should be honoured and name it the TC Hive.

Back
Top Bottom