Best of luck for the season

Discussion in 'General Blades Chat' started by BeeArmy, Jan 7, 2019.

to hide all adverts

1. penthouseblade

I remember Bury getting a standing ovation a couple of seasons ago after an heroic last minute defeat! Barnet thoroughly deserved the same on Sunday, great scenes at the end when your bench ran on the pitch for a mad celebration and with your supporters! Utd have been in your position many times over the years so we know what it feels like; weirdly I really enjoyed it!!

All the best in the next round, and for the future!

Advertisement:

to hide all adverts.
  2. Liverpool blade

Liverpool blade Active Member

Congratulations on a much deserved win yesterday. We were 2nd best all over the pitch. Good luck in the cup and good luck for the rest of the season.

BeeArmy likes this.
  3. Broomhall Blade

Broomhall Blade Active Member

Cheers you fully deserved it,hope you get a good draw in the next round.
    Why you are not higher up the national league god only knows.

BeeArmy likes this.
  4. Davalon

Davalon Live for today

I'll no doubt get slaughtered for this but I have to admit to hoping you'd hang on once it got into injury time.

I usually hate getting knocked out of the Cup but being a club that never wins anything ever, we know that special cup wins are often some of the best memories.

We have a fantastic goal to aim for for the rest of the season, and I certainly don't begrudge you your deserved win.

Hope you can have a little run and drop on an exciting moneyspinning tie.

BeeArmy likes this.
  5. PeterS

PeterS New Member

I’m another Barnet fan and want to also say ‘thanks’ for the warm welcome and generosity of the Sheffield United fans afterwards.

I’ve probably been to about half the stadiums in the EFL down the years and don’t remember fans as friendly.

It helped make it a really special day for us.

I’ll be rooting for you lot to make it to the Premier League.

All the best for the promotion bid.

6. beatific blade

YouFUMS and JonnyRed(WCFC) like this.
  7. HodgysBrokenThumb

HodgysBrokenThumb Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words, and congratulations on your win. There's a couple of referees who have been here over the Xmas period who would be astonished to read your post!

8. JonnyRed(WCFC)

JonnyRed(WCFC) The Strayed One

BeeArmyBeeArmy PeterSPeterS

Don't fall for their charm like I did....you'll end up stuck here forever and coming upto the odd game and sampling the different ales on offer!! :D

Nah, like you, my lot (Worcester City) had a Cup game at Bramall Lane 3 years ago and the Blades fans and players were brilliant towards us, even staying afterwards to clap us all off the pitch, there aint many like em and it left a big impression on me.

Welcome!
    :)

9. Champagneblade

Champagneblade Active Member

Well done. Richly deserved.

Good luck against Brentford. With interest in their striker from Villa, you could be facing them at the right time.

Hope you have a good cup run!

BeeArmy likes this.
  10. Gimli

Gimli Member

You deserved the win and apart from being annoyed that we played so badly it was good to see a team with desire to win and it was thoroughly deserved.

Best of luck against Brentford - if you can beat us then you can beat them!!

Also Shaquille Coulthirst has to be one of the greatest names ever. Tidy player too.

Will be supporting Barnet for the rest of the FA Cup (and Luton obviously)

BeeArmy likes this.
  11. Gannon's perm

Gannon's perm New Member

Congratulations you played really well and those front players caused us all kinds of problems. All the best for the future.

BeeArmy likes this.
  12. Islasgrandad

Islasgrandad New Member

Hi, another Bees fan here. Just wanted to echo BeeArmy's comments.
    You Blades are a really great bunch of fans. We were made so welcome and I couldn't believe how many of you wanted to shake my hand and wish our club well after the match. Things like that stay with you and I can promise you there are many Bees fans who are now honorary Blades.
    I was chatting before the game to a couple of your fans and they said they sort of wanted a draw so that they could visit The Hive. We are hoping that the powers that be can organise a Pre Season Friendly at The Hive. If this happens you can be sure of a very friendly welcome.
    Good luck in your quest to get to the Premiership. If you can do it you will also be buzzing.
    All the best.

13. Northyorksblade

Northyorksblade Well-Known Member

I watched the draw hoping you'd get a big team away for a great day out and hopefully a lot of money for the club. You were so unlucky with all those big teams still left in, but home to Brentford not too shabby. All the best in the cup and league. I was happy to stay and applaud you for being the better team and your fans for your non stop singing.

BeeArmy likes this.
  14. John Street Bar

John Street Bar New Member

Bees v Bees
    How many other same nickname teams?
    Good luck for the rest of the season

- UTB -

Chali 2na likes this.
  15. blade too long

blade too long derby kings

Cricket commentator Bumble be doing that game for beebeecee

diode_blade and Sheffsteel like this.
  16. Sheffsteel

Sheffsteel Well-Known Member

Islas,

We’re a down to earth bunch, no glory hunters supporting Sheffield United (last time we won a major honour was 1925, not even been in a single post war cup final and never won any of our numerous play-offs.

We’ve faced some shit times over recent years spending 6 consecutive seasons in shitty league 1 but still kept a 19,000 hardcore support during those dark times. However when you’re shit it makes you more humble learning to appreciate the qualities of small clubs, it’s a million miles away from the PL.

Living in and around Barnet it must be so tempting to support Arsenal or Spurs, so full respect to any genuine Barnet fans.

wizadry, OldBillBlade, Teddy and 8 others like this.
  17. Isaw Joeshaw

Isaw Joeshaw Old School Blade

All Bees fans can be hugely proud of their teams performance yesterday and I'm sure I speak for all Blades fans in wishing you every success in the next round .

Go on lads , stick it up ' em !

18. nopigfansintown

nopigfansintown Well-Known Member

Just want to reecho the positive appraisal of the Barnet team and supporters yesterday. The team were fantastic and the fans made more noise than the vast majority of Championship teams with bigger followings. I watched the cup draw tonight primarily hoping you'd get one of the giants, but it wasn't to be. At least you've got a winnable local tie. Good luck!

BeeArmy likes this.
  19. bromtom

bromtom Well-Known Member

That's a great idea, I'd love that. Form a proper football friendship out of it.

Some great footballers in your team, pace, good decision making. Hope you go well in the cup, beat Brentford and get your big draw and maybe beat them too, you never know, and that the good vibes give you a push in the league too.

BeeArmy likes this.
  20. ucandomagic

ucandomagic Active Member

That’s a great idea for a friendly. We can play for the Currie Cup!

You were certainly the Killer Bees against us.

Beat Brentford and you will be the Queen Bees.

Magic