Berge on Sunday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think he realises he's dropped a bollock by signing for us. He's playing out of position and his body language and demeanor wasn't great on Sunday, he looked disillusioned. Lovely footballer but needs to do more.
He's way overrated and offers nothing in attacking the opposition goal.

The thread title will make a good name for his own TV show.

He's way overrated and offers nothing in attacking the opposition goal.
Can't agree with that I'm afraid. I dont believe he was signed to threaten the opposition goal or that's his game at all. Truth is he's done reasonably well on the right a few times, drifting past defenders and putting balls across from the byline. One in four he's fairly anonymous but he's learning about the premier league amidst faltering teammates. Best player in the squad when he's on it.(IMO)

Can't agree with that I'm afraid. I dont believe he was signed to threaten the opposition goal or that's his game at all. Truth is he's done reasonably well on the right a few times, drifting past defenders and putting balls across from the byline. One in four he's fairly anonymous but he's learning about the premier league amidst faltering teammates. Best player in the squad when he's on it.(IMO)
Which doesn't say much for the rest of the team.

Won’t be here come January, when big teams come calling what can you do? And so it begins......

Which doesn't say much for the rest of the team.
Agree but time to stick with em and get behind em. Like many people I'd be disappointed to see us relegated but in all honesty I just want to get back in to watch em and have a few beers with the mates before and after and if that's Championship, league 1 or worse so be it. I'm missing the whole Saturday experience more than I thought I would. UTB.

Attacking wise, Berge seems like the only player who's taking responsibility for making things happen. The Midfield are too passive and safe. I think Berge is getting abit annoyed and he feels whos trying to make thing happen

Attacking wise, Berge seems like the only player who's taking responsibility for making things happen. The Midfield are too passive and safe. I think Berge is getting abit annoyed and he feels whos trying to make thing happen
Feels he's the only one trying to make things happen

Best footballer in the team for skill but just like the rest of the signings over the last 2 seasons he isn't a game changer just like McB, Moose, Brewster ( although limited playing time ) and Ramsdale. No player can take the game by the scruff of the neck and dictate to the opposistion.

Berge is the least of our worries.

He's always trying to go forward but is then forced to play backwards due to a lack of movement around him.

There was one occasion where he held on to the ball with 3 players around him. No one have him any help and he did very well to win us a throw in and not lose possession. I'd be pissed off too.

Wasn't it Berge who was running forward with the ball just before we conceded? Mcgoldrick didn't even jog to offer him an option down the line and we eventually end up forced back to our own keeper. I was furious with Mcgoldrick. It was like he had just decided we were going to lose the ball anyway so didn't need to make the effort.

I think he's overrated and he doesnt provide any attacking threat at all. Okay hes difficult to disposses but that's about it.
For a bloke 6ft 5 he's terrible in the air. I honestly thought he'd be a game changer.
I think we had a better midfield before he arrived.
I wonder whether the reason Lundstram us stropping around the pitch is because he thinks he's a better player but is on a much lower contract. The stats probably bear this out.
Controversial I know but just my honest opinion.

Agree but time to stick with em and get behind em. Like many people I'd be disappointed to see us relegated but in all honesty I just want to get back in to watch em and have a few beers with the mates before and after and if that's Championship, league 1 or worse so be it. I'm missing the whole Saturday experience more than I thought I would. UTB.
Me too.
I'd also like to watch games and give the team a boost.
I even want to go and watch Sheffield Fc again.

1606387051060.png

This was a situation in the second half, where Berge picked up the ball, advanced, sidestepped the first pressure and passed to McGoldrick who had foud some space behind their midfield. The West Ham back line is unorganised. This is a situation where a good, in-form team may have punished them. But we don't have the movement or rhythm at the moment. There should be runs made in behind, options of a 1-2, etc. McGoldrick had a go from range, but it went over.

We can expect things like that from Berge, and if the pass had been to Bruno Fernandes or Firminho, it may eventually have lead to a one on one or a goal, and that's why he'll be attractive to bigger clubs. He's not yet the type of player to take on the West Ham team on his own, and then blast it into the top corner. If or when we find some attacking rhythm there will be more result from Berge's play.

Don’t get me started on BACKPASS BERGE! Goes through the motions, no effect with command on a game, no penetration going forward, very few passes longer than 10 yards and even then massive percentage are back passes! Very, very, very lazy tracking back. He’s done this all season up to now and to be brutal he is a massive weak link in the midfield area. Said it all along! Watch him away from the action, cos that’s where he usually is, he’s got one speed, SLOW! People are now realising he’s no world beater just very average!! 😳

Does make sense, he looked utterly flat and drained of any drive or focus
Boils my piss these sorts of excuses.

If they need something to give them some drive and focus, a quick current account balance check should do the trick!

Don’t get me started on BACKPASS BERGE! Goes through the motions, no effect with command on a game, no penetration going forward, very few passes longer than 10 yards and even then massive percentage are back passes! Very, very, very lazy tracking back. He’s done this all season up to now and to be brutal he is a massive weak link in the midfield area. Said it all along! Watch him away from the action, cos that’s where he usually is, he’s got one speed, SLOW! People are now realising he’s no world beater just very average!! 😳
nUZ3YuL0RAOyc.gif

I don't care if he wasn't the worst player, what the hell was that.
He needs a king sized kick up the @rse cus if things are to turn round we need him and Fleck taking responsibility and driving this team on.

Sander is one of the most unique and talented young midfielders in this league, would imagine Wilder gave him a right round of f(_)cks after the game.
He's the potential to be an absolute superstar midfielder for a top 6 team, but he's gotta do much better and quick,
I’ve been saying the same thing. Very talented, does great things but not often enough.

He drifts through games a lot. Good thing is the talent is there, the rest can be coached.

But by the way he's probably been the better midfield player in our inept midfield, so before you do get started have a quick look back to some of our games where he was actually going forward & trying to play. I would start by questioning a few of the others out there going through the motions & having no effect before going on one about Berge, he's well down my list.

I don't care if he wasn't the worst player, what the hell was that.
He needs a king sized kick up the @rse cus if things are to turn round we need him and Fleck taking responsibility and driving this team on.

Sander is one of the most unique and talented young midfielders in this league, would imagine Wilder gave him a right round of f(_)cks after the game.
He's the potential to be an absolute superstar midfielder for a top 6 team, but he's gotta do much better and quick,
I would say Sander is by far and away the best player at the club. But I do feel that in an effort to try and incorporate him into the team, it has probably unsettled the balance and flow of what was a very able well functioning midfield.

Nice lad , great player , we’ve been shit since he arrived ?? 🤷‍♂️

I would say Sander is by far and away the best player at the club. But I do feel that in an effort to try and incorporate him into the team, it has probably unsettled the balance and flow of what was a very able well functioning midfield.
Bit of rewriting history going on here, Lundstram was fucked by the time Berge signed and his form had dropped measurably. We really needed someone to come in immediately and see us through to the end of the year - we couldn’t have relied on JL in my opinion.

He looks like a player who’s getting different instructions every game to me.

Nice lad , great player , we’ve been shit since he arrived ?? 🤷‍♂️

This one really gets me. Our general play, and particularly the form of Lundstram, had dipped before Berge signed. Berge also played in three of our best performances of last season at home to Chelsea, Spurs and Wolves. How people can start pointing the finger at one player as the focus of our demise is beyond me.

Anybody think that he's actually too good/clever for the rest of the team? Other players aren't on his wavelength and so it makes him look poor.

Maybe when he's alongside Ceballos, Willian and Saka etc. he'll start to thrive

Back
Top Bottom