Berge on Sunday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ReeceofBDTBL

Reaction score
I don't care if he wasn't the worst player, what the hell was that.
He needs a king sized kick up the @rse cus if things are to turn round we need him and Fleck taking responsibility and driving this team on.

Sander is one of the most unique and talented young midfielders in this league, would imagine Wilder gave him a right round of f(_)cks after the game.
He's the potential to be an absolute superstar midfielder for a top 6 team, but he's gotta do much better and quick,

I think he was suffering from all the 'covid messing about' with Norway

A mate of mine who is a Spurs fan sent me a message after about 60 mins saying 'who is the number 8 ? Id take him off' '

I think he was suffering from all the 'covif messing about' with Norway

A mate of mine who is a Spurs fan sent me a message after about 60 mins saying 'who is the number 8 ? Id take him off' '
Does make sense, he looked utterly flat and drained of any drive or focus

Some of these players need to take a leaf from baldocks book and get angry

Think he realises he's dropped a bollock by signing for us. He's playing out of position and his body language and demeanor wasn't great on Sunday, he looked disillusioned. Lovely footballer but needs to do more.

Think he realises he's dropped a bollock by signing for us. He's playing out of position and his body language and demeanor wasn't great on Sunday, he looked disillusioned. Lovely footballer but needs to do more.
I disagree, Berge strikes me as a player with an excellent attitude and would be very surprised if Sunday’s performance was anything to do with any sort of self centredness

I disagree, Berge strikes me as a player with an excellent attitude and would be very surprised if Sunday’s performance was anything to do with any sort of self centredness
I didn't say he had a bad attitude but it was noticeable for the first time he looked, frankly, pissed off.

One thing I’ve not wanted to say but thought all week is that players like Berge, Ampadu and Brewster just don’t look that gutted when we lose or concede. I’m not saying that they should bang their fists on the floor and cry but they don’t look willing to throw their bodies on the line like ‘our players’ do.

Needs better players around him.

And for the gaffer to stop fucking around with his position on the pitch.

He is best as the anchor / pivot / quarter back. The Coutts.

Would also be fine in a 2 alongside Fleck if we can pluck up the courage !

UTB

One thing I’ve not wanted to say but thought all week is that players like Berge, Ampadu and Brewster just don’t look that gutted when we lose or concede. I’m not saying that they should bang their fists on the floor and cry but they don’t look willing to throw their bodies on the line like ‘our players’ do.
Must be used to playing in teams that when they concede it doesn’t signal the end of the game 🤣

I've been thinking exactly the same. The new players haven't had the opportunity of knowing what we are all about. Playing at an empty Bramall Lane and not experiencing the unique away vocal support has not helped matters.

Listen to George in his post match interview. He realises what it means to play for this club. The spirit that runs through the club, from fans to players to management.

Lowe is another who appeared disinterested.

I've been thinking exactly the same. The new players haven't had the opportunity of knowing what we are all about. Playing at an empty Bramall Lane and not experiencing the unique away vocal support has not helped matters.

Listen to George in his post match interview. He realises what it means to play for this club. The spirit that runs through the club, from fans to players to management.

Lowe is another who appeared disinterested.
George looked gutted, Egan and Enda have looked gutted in recent weeks. I know that you can feign being bothered but with those 3 it’s genuine.

Have heard a single one of his interviews? He genuinely buzzes about the place

No, I was simply going on his body language and facial expressions. He seems like a good lad but he's hardly going to say he's fed up in any interview situation. A picture paints a thousand words. I'm not saying he's not up for a scrap but I doubt very much this is what he thought he was signing up for.

I can't believe some of the comments posted on here at the moment. This lad has consistently been our best players all season (after arriving from a much inferior league) both with fans votes and media comments.

So he looks pissed off in one game (who wouldn't at the moment) and it's a sign he has to somehow book his ideas up. On several occasions in that game he attempts to look forward and find a pass but yet again there is not one player in front of him.

We've seen on plenty of occasions what he is capable of. The fact is they're all low on confidence and not making runs or taking risks.

I can't believe some of the comments posted on here at the moment. This lad has consistently been our best players all season (after arriving from a much inferior league) both with fans votes and media comments.

So he looks pissed off in one game (who wouldn't at the moment) and it's a sign he has to somehow book his ideas up. On several occasions in that game he attempts to look forward and find a pass but yet again there is not one player in front of him.

We've seen on plenty of occasions what he is capable of. The fact is they're all low on confidence and not making runs or taking risks.
It’s open season , think there’s only Egan left to have a pop at now

It’s open season , think there’s only Egan left to have a pop at now
No he was slagged off for a defensive gaff a few weeks ago.
We have a full house in arm chair manager bingo!

Lets not forget Berge is a youngster playing in a tough league in a foreign country, not to mention having to deal with isolating from everything dear to him. He is a great talent and will fulfill that talent one day, hopefully with us.

No, I was simply going on his body language and facial expressions. He seems like a good lad but he's hardly going to say he's fed up in any interview situation. A picture paints a thousand words. I'm not saying he's not up for a scrap but I doubt very much this is what he thought he was signing up for.
His media interviews are probably more reflective than his facial expressions during / after a losing performance.

One thing I’ve not wanted to say but thought all week is that players like Berge, Ampadu and Brewster just don’t look that gutted when we lose or concede.

've been thinking exactly the same. The new players haven't had the opportunity of knowing what we are all about. Playing at an empty Bramall Lane and not experiencing the unique away vocal support has not helped matters.
and finally I get what playing in empty stadiums is doing to the team. I think the old hands understand it but the new recruits don't have the work till your last gasp attitude yet (ie when Egan slips and heads the ball on the floor because it's the only way to stop an attack).

Back
Top Bottom