CONFIRMED Ben Osborn

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Actually he you read all of my posts o think I have apologised and said my informant is incorrect and by to be trusted.
So again may offer my most humble apologies.
I know you have, I just like to prolong the agony :-D

I think Chris might have been shithousing a bit there. I don’t remember him ever saying exactly what his budget was since he joined us, it’s not how he does his business. ‘I don’t know what our budget is but I’ve had a guess and done a list’ doesn’t seem very plausible when you think about it.
Or maybe managing expectations? After all, £35m is still on the low side in comparison to the past 6 clubs promoted... but a damn sight better than £20m!

In fact if we do spend £35m it will be the 2nd lowest compared to 17/18 & 18/19 for newly promoted clubs (depends on 19/20 of course)...

If our budget was around the same as Norwich then they must going on a spending spree in the next few weeks because they have spent around £5 million? If I were a Norwich fan I would be getting a tad worried, I accept spending loads doesn't guarantee out but spending nowt probably will, I fancy us far more to survive than them at the moment

I missed a few editions...

When are you going to sort this McBurnie thing out?

I've maintained it's likely to be done around the end of July and that still looks to be the case. I'm doing my best but I said unkind things about Trevor Birch a few years ago so that's making things awkward.

They are in the woods at the moment looking for another stick, to beat the club with.

Obviously the argument will change to "we didn't spend enough".

Nah

Spunked the brass on Championship players - anticipating / preparing for an immediate return - NO AMBITION

Destroyed team spirit & togetherness - lads that got us up 'deserve' a chance

Where's future signings going to come from now money tree has been stripped bare

All these fees are (over inflated) bollocks - Uncle Kev is ' trousering' all the PL dosh

Last edited:
I really like the look of this lad ,great engine , technically sound and a great left peg

By all accounts he's a solid character and forest fans think he'd fit right in with wilderball

gerrimin

We have to be careful with the great engine analogy. They said that about Dean Hammond but they meant Wankel.

Or maybe managing expectations? After all, £35m is still on the low side in comparison to the past 6 clubs promoted... but a damn sight better than £20m!

In fact if we do spend £35m it will be the 2nd lowest compared to 17/18 & 18/19 for newly promoted clubs (depends on 19/20 of course)...

Well so far we've spent £24m according to Sky, Freeman £6m, Robinson £8m, Mousset £10m. Osborn is costing us £5-6m, and Cadette says we're in for McBurnie in the region of £17.5m I believe. So that's £47m-ish, and I'd think we'd still be after a couple more, perhaps a permanent keeper.

£50m window? Unbelievable really.

Well so far we've spent £24m according to Sky, Freeman £6m, Robinson £8m, Mousset £10m. Osborn is costing us £5-6m, and Cadette says we're in for McBurnie in the region of £17.5m I believe. So that's £47m-ish, and I'd think we'd still be after a couple more, perhaps a permanent keeper.

£50m window? Unbelievable really.
That's the worst case scenario which is actually the best case scenario: it assumes we stay up and all those players perform at the top of their games. Up front costs are probably just over half of that: Freeman £3.5m, Robinson £6m, Mousset £4m, Osborn £3.5m, McBurnie £12m for a total of £29m.

The lad was Player of the Season for Forest last season ( in case it hadn't been posted ).

Joe Lolley was their player of the season last year I believe

Spot on, I meant 2017/18.

Can we sign Lolley as well ?

I reckon I've worked out Mitchell's modus operandi - get lists of Players of the Season for all clubs slightly below us in the league and take it from there. Sound approach.

Spot on, I meant 2017/18.

Can we sign Lolley as well ?

I reckon I've worked out Mitchell's modus operandi - get lists of Players of the Season for all clubs slightly below us in the league and take it from there. Sound approach.

I would love to see Lolley at the lane!

£3.5m seems very reasonable business if he does prove to be adequate backup to Stevens & Fleck. I like the look of the lad & he is actually one of the few players that I've noticed standing out in games against us, more just for his efficiency & tidiness. He's a good age too. Seems another good bit of transfer work by Wilder.

£3.5m seems very reasonable business if he does prove to be adequate backup to Stevens & Fleck. I like the look of the lad & he is actually one of the few players that I've noticed standing out in games against us, more just for his efficiency & tidiness. He's a good age too. Seems another good bit of transfer work by Wilder.

Character wise he's good too. Seems quite thoughtful with a decent sense of humour in addition to being a really good professional.

Come on green tick. I’ve only ever had one Rumour Mill thread given the “confirmed” stamp before, and that was when we signed Ryan Flynn 8 years ago.

Osborn plays for Inter Milan, according to Wikipedia. More tricky tree deludamol, nurse.

Would prefer Joe Lolley. Much more a Jamie Murphyesque, run at 'em player who is quick to exploit space.

pommpey

Back
Top Bottom