Ben Osborn congratulations

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Brilliant stuff. We got stronger and stronger as that half went on, and a brilliant finish by Egan.

Special mention: Osborn. He was excellent 2nd half, not least the moment about a minute before the goal where he made a superb interception to stop a break, spun on the line, and kept the ball alive to work right before the shot leading to the corner. If he doesn’t make that Wolves are on a dangerous break. Brilliant piece of play.

His moment of crucial calm brilliance late on.
View attachment FullSizeRender.mov

His moment of crucial calm brilliance late on.
View attachment 85189
Just watched the last few minutes back, it really was a superb interception and if he had just given away a throw in it would have been a good result. However, to actually control it and retain possession was fantastic technique. From then onwards we never really lost control of the ball, so I would argue that without Osborn’s effort we probably wouldn’t have scored. Definite 8/10 on reflection, wish we had played him against Newcastle and Manchester.

it really was a superb interception and if he had just given away a throw in it would have been a good result. However, to actually control it and retain possession was fantastic technique. From then onwards we never really lost control of the ball, so I would argue that without Osborn’s effort we probably wouldn’t have scored.

Not just that, without it we may possibly have conceded given the danger if he doesn’t intercept the ball. The result arguably swings either way depending on what he does:
  • Slide it out for a throw: draw
  • Intercept, retain possession, successful pass: win
  • Miss the ball/fail to control: loss
One of those minor moments that probably deserves more attention than the more obvious stuff in the performance.

Top performance, shame he didn't top it off with a goal, should have leathered that chance with his left foot at the end rather than passing to Enda.

Left midfield is now his to lose, hardly.put a foot wrong since he came in

he's been nothing short of a revelation over the past few games. if i was watching as an outsider and you asked me what position he's supposed to be playing i wouldn't have a clue, he seems to pop up everywhere on the pitch to the point where its almost comical. he'll be winning the ball in the defensive left corner and then 5 seconds later sprinting onto a through ball on the right hand side in an attack. he is also doing these things despite playing 4 full games in the space of 10 days after he's played virtually no competetive football for a year. his engine and desire are just laughable (and he's also excellent on the ball!)

Wilder is going to have some (very good) selection headaches when fleck is fit.

he's been nothing short of a revelation over the past few games. if i was watching as an outsider and you asked me what position he's supposed to be playing i wouldn't have a clue, he seems to pop up everywhere on the pitch to the point where its almost comical. he'll be winning the ball in the defensive left corner and then 5 seconds later sprinting onto a through ball on the right hand side in an attack. he is also doing these things despite playing 4 full games in the space of 10 days after he's played virtually no competetive football for a year. his engine and desire are just laughable (and he's also excellent on the ball!)

Wilder is going to have some (very good) selection headaches when fleck is fit.
I dont think Fleck will be back this season , but he should be worried , very worried , how the hell can you drop Osborn hes one hell of a player had Adama Traore in his pocket , which is unbelievable , i wonder if Fleck and Osborn can play together ??

I'm loving that Osborn might not be getting the assists but he's certainly been involved in the build up to some of our recent goals. The lay off for Stevens cross the other day, the interception that led to us scoring against Wolves, the lovely one, two with Stevens today for McBurnie's goal. He's such a tenacious player off the ball and a calm and composed player with it. He reminds me of a more complete version of Stephen Quinn, and that's not meant as disrespect to Quinn.

Back
Top Bottom