Incoming? Ben Gibson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I could see ya signing another defender but wouldn’t expect us to be paying those figures for a defender.

We may spend that on forwards but I don’t see him as an improvement on Egan anyway.

Been done, here.

No chance In us spending that amount on a centre-half. Especially as we are already strong at LCB with O'Connell which I think would be Gibson's best position. Around 5M is what I assume we'd spend on one.

Have to say I was never that impressed with Gibson and was very surprised Dyche went for him at that price.
I doubt after the season he’s had that they would recoup their fee and will have to make a loss if they want shut of him.

Would he get in ahead of Egan, JOC, Bash?
Not for me, a Stears replacement perhaps and more suited to a back 4 than 5.

I put this down to another agent/journo fishing story.

Has been recently linked with a loan move to Boro or Forest - this could be a perfect rotation option for the overlapping role. He is left footed too which is what we need for filling in for JOC.

Could we move for a loan with buyout option?

I hope we bid on him, i also wonder if we were the club who went for him, where is RC when you need him?!

They won't cut their losses on him, it's strange that they don't use him - after spending £15m - when they're hardly flush for cash.

it is confusing because Ben Gibson was maybe the only guy who came out with any credit from middlesborough relegation season so i expected more from him

I think we should look for better.
Competition for Egan will be very hard to come by, and cost a fortune. If we were talking about UPGRADING Egan I’d agree entirely. As competition then I don’t see this being a bad signing at all.

Gibson is training with Middlesboro, completely alienated from Burnley without even playing much.
Utterly bizarre signing from them, 15m wasn't it?

Gibson is better than J.Robinson and he's JOC back up....

Bearing in mind that Gibson has played 1 league game in the past two seasons I’d be interested to know how you come to that conclusion.

He might well be better than J.Robinson but as he hasn’t played in ages how does anyone know?

Still a viable target?
Seems to have hardly played in the last two years, so would be a risk.

Back
Top Bottom