Beerschot link up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Have really enjoyed your contributions to our forum this season PR. Look forward to hearing more from you next year. Good luck Beerschot.
Many thanks, we are in the same boat in some way. Faith has brought our beloved clubs in the same ownership and we hope it will bring us all great times to enjoy. Thanks to all for making me feel welcome heren. I would really look forward to a friendly game and hope we can contribute to eachother’s success. There are days that I am really worried about the good intentions of our ownership like this winter, we were on course for European football and then they sold our best striker without replacement and the way Sheffield was managed without an attempt in January to turn things around was also not what you want. But with the appointment of a reputed new manager I am again more positive and I hope in the coming days this will also happen for you guys. Jokanovic, Clement or Blessin. 1 of those 3 and I think you are bound for a very good season.

Coulibaly on the next plane over would be nice.

When they said an announcement off the new manager will be after the match and not before
Welcome To B D T B L MR SEAN DYCHE
Could it happen?

Last test today before the new season starts with a home game against Utrecht. We played in a 5-4-1 formation:

—————————Van Hamel———————
—KonstantinopoulosVan den BuysVandenBerg
Halaimia————Pietermaat———-—-De Smet
—————Coulibaly———-Okyere————
———————-Holzhauser———————
————————-Sanyang———————-

what followed was very defensive football from our end with very little possession and a 2-1 defeat which could have been 4 or
5-1. Coulibaly had a poor game. The young Okyere looked better today. Attacking wise we have mega problems, no creativity, no ball retention. Will be heading for a relegation dog fight if they do not strengthen quickly. I hope you have better expectations for the new season. The running joke is that United World is specializing in relegations but I am not laughing. Was expecting more ambition this season after the decent season we had last year.

Last test today before the new season starts with a home game against Utrecht. We played in a 5-4-1 formation:

—————————Van Hamel———————
—KonstantinopoulosVan den BuysVandenBerg
Halaimia————Pietermaat———-—-De Smet
—————Coulibaly———-Okyere————
———————-Holzhauser———————
————————-Sanyang———————-

what followed was very defensive football from our end with very little possession and a 2-1 defeat which could have been 4 or
5-1. Coulibaly had a poor game. The young Okyere looked better today. Attacking wise we have mega problems, no creativity, no ball retention. Will be heading for a relegation dog fight if they do not strengthen quickly. I hope you have better expectations for the new season. The running joke is that United World is specializing in relegations but I am not laughing. Was expecting more ambition this season after the decent season we had last year.

Preseason friendly though, isn’t it? Can’t base a lot on them.

True, but the problems are the same since the downfall that took place since December and haven’t been dealt with. That is worrying me.
What would you say is main reasons u guys have lost your momentum (apart from Covid)

What would you say is main reasons u guys have lost your momentum (apart from Covid)
The sale of Tissoudali in January. He was the sparkle up front that opponents feared. And our other attackers are very dire. We were expecting a replacement for him last winter and this summer as a priority but they haven’t signed an attacking player, only some squad players that do not improve the starting 11, except Okyere, he looks a real prospect as a box to box player. There is a rumour about Raman but at the same time they say there is no money to spend so not sure anything will happen. Hard to understand they spend a big fee on a Greek central defender who doesn’t look great whereas we were quite comfortable in that position.

The sale of Tissoudali in January. He was the sparkle up front that opponents feared. And our other attackers are very dire. We were expecting a replacement for him last winter and this summer as a priority but they haven’t signed an attacking player, only some squad players that do not improve the starting 11, except Okyere, he looks a real prospect as a box to box player. There is a rumour about Raman but at the same time they say there is no money to spend so not sure anything will happen. Hard to understand they spend a big fee on a Greek central defender who doesn’t look great whereas we were quite comfortable in that position.
There’s a few worrying parallels with what happened to us last year there. The long term need for creativity not addressed, the poor form to end a season carrying into the next and the strange obsession with over stocking one area of the squad. Hopefully it’s just a bad off season and you get off to a solid start.

I thought Holzhauser was rated by a few? Linked with Newcastle before, no?

Perhaps we’ll loan you one of our forwards…we’ve too many on the books at the moment. Or will brexit stop it happening…

I thought Holzhauser was rated by a few? Linked with Newcastle before, no?
Holzhauser is the play maker. He is excellent, but he is also frustrated that he has no decent forwards to provide for. Today it was said by an insider that Sheffield would buy Raman from Schalke and send him to us for a 2 year loan. Not sure what to make of this.

Holzhauser is the play maker. He is excellent, but he is also frustrated that he has no decent forwards to provide for. Today it was said by an insider that Sheffield would buy Raman from Schalke and send him to us for a 2 year loan. Not sure what to make of this.

I guess if you get the player and avoid the financial ramifications then it's a win for beerschot, although as a Sheffield United fan I'm not sure how I feel about it. Unless the money is coming from a big United World pot rather than the club's finances directly.

If this is PAs plan and how he wants to run it I guess we have to let it run and see how it works out.

I'm surprised we don't loan out a few to Belgium and France. Smith would seem like a good fit if we rate him but there are several others. If we want one last look at a player., but they need to play so it's a balance.

I'm surprised we don't loan out a few to Belgium and France. Smith would seem like a good fit if we rate him but there are several others. If we want one last look at a player., but they need to play so it's a balance.
Jebbison would be another shout he looks ready for men’s football and if we determine he’s not ready to start semi regularly for us then a stint in Belgium might do him good.

PurpleRain if you could loan any players from the blades to help which would you choose. Realistically of course
A young striker with pace like Jebbison would be nr 1 priority. If you would not use Mousset and no one is willing to take him, it could be a good idea to loan him. In a new environment and different league he may come good. But it’s a very long shot off course.

A young striker with pace like Jebbison would be nr 1 priority. If you would not use Mousset and no one is willing to take him, it could be a good idea to loan him. In a new environment and different league he may come good. But it’s a very long shot off course.
Jebbison would be the one this year if he isn’t going to feature for us still raw but knows how to make a nuisance of himself against senior centrebacks which is unusual for a player of his age and experience. The timing of this is a shame as we’ve got a crop of young promising strikers in the academy In jebbison, Hackford, Osula, ndiaye, Ayari and lankshear. But there’s only really jebbison or ndiaye ready this year and ndiaye is currently in a contract dispute with the club.

The new season for us starts today. Bad news is that Coulibaly is injured. Injury picked up in our last pre season game against Fortuna Sittard after a very bad tackle on his knee. Our controlling midfielder Sanusi is also injured so it will be an experimental midfield. I hope new signing Okyere can step. He showed signs of real quality in pre-season. After missing out on the Raman signing we are still looking to strengthen our attacking options which are slim. First game is always bit of a cup game though where a big heart can get you points. The nerves are building up for tonight…

Attachments

• 687B6C90-167F-44B6-A2DD-BE1F311E654B.jpeg
    687B6C90-167F-44B6-A2DD-BE1F311E654B.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom