Basham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Personally more concerned about Norwood’s place in the team in all honesty. Basham is fine right now. Poor mistake but he’ll be the first to know it and CW will know that too. I’m confident we’ll be fine with Bash in the team.

Let’s not forget he was a part of the joint-best defence in the Championship last season.

Personally more concerned about Norwood’s place in the team in all honesty. Basham is fine right now. Poor mistake but he’ll be the first to know it and CW will know that too. I’m confident we’ll be fine with Bash in the team.

Let’s not forget he was a part of the joint-best defence in the Championship last season.

The same Norwood that was MOTM last Sunday?

John Egan gave the ball away far more than Bash in the first half yesterday , virtually none of them have played at this level before ,how the fuck you can say they are not good enough after 3 games is mindblowing.

Can’t believe the OP. Utter bollox. Bash made an error and it cost us. End of. Just highlights what can happen against world class players when you play our system and lose the ball. Trust me it’ll happen again this season, but I’d rather play the way we do and have that happen than play negatively.

Can’t believe the OP. Utter bollox. Bash made an error and it cost us. End of. Just highlights what can happen against world class players when you play our system and lose the ball. Trust me it’ll happen again this season, but I’d rather play the way we do and have that happen than play negatively.

I think the OP is correct. We all love Bash but technically he's always been lacking. He wasn't the only one yesterday but he is awkward at times in posession and at this level you can't be.

Kevin De Bruyne has just done what Bash did and Bournemouth broke, crap shot at the end though.

Still I expect they'll be dropping him. Right?

John Egan gave the ball away far more than Bash in the first half yesterday , virtually none of them have played at this level before ,how the fuck you can say they are not good enough after 3 games is mindblowing.

Sometimes you just know. ;)

A bit harsh on Basham.

Why aren't the midfielders who didn't give him a passing option from the back getting slagged too?

I think we all know that if we are going to progress in this league we need better players than Bash, whom I would point out I am a big fan of due to his past performances and being a key component of us reaching the premier league. It is obvious and perhaps understandable that Chris has given the vast majority of those that got us up the chance to show what they can do, sadly they won't all be premiership quality.

Imagine making a thread for every similar mistake? Football is a random game where any mistake like that can lead to a goal but usually doesn't.

I don't just blame Basham for it either because as soon as he steps out his team mates should be giving him options, and none did.

I understand why you'd single out Basham but I wouldn't do it after this game just because the mistake happened to be punished. I think he's more than earned the chance to prove any doubters wrong over a longer run of games, and we don't have great alternatives for RCB. We will be looking at long term replacements though.
I agree with you it's easy to do for out basham but the hospital ball from Norwood out him in real trouble and he did the only thing he could which was run into danger
He never had enough time to set himself for a pass or clearance and was dispossessed if was the manager if be looking at Norwood and wondering why he felt the need to play that pass and also wonder why we he looked like a safe was falling on his head every time the ball went near him
And by the way I'm massive fan of his but he caused us untold problems yesterday with his panicky play when pressed and had me worried about why other managers have not thought he was up to it at this level

I think we all know that if we are going to progress in this league we need better players than Bash, whom I would point out I am a big fan of due to his past performances and being a key component of us reaching the premier league. It is obvious and perhaps understandable that Chris has given the vast majority of those that got us up the chance to show what they can do, sadly they won't all be premiership quality.
Bash played well yesterday he made a mistake
Too many people on here make judgements based only on errors and missed chances and don't see anything else

Me too I had a suspicion that ravel might take his spot
That was before yesterday where he came off the bench and was the very definition of the word anonymous
Not only did he not touch the ball he never even seemed to be in the same vacinity as it apart from when we had a free kick and my heart sank when I saw Norwood stepping up to it as I knew he wouldn't get a shot on target

Don’t agree with it = utter bollocks.

Great point. Well made.

I agree with you it's easy to do for out basham but the hospital ball from Norwood out him in real trouble and he did the only thing he could which was run into danger
He never had enough time to set himself for a pass or clearance and was dispossessed if was the manager if be looking at Norwood and wondering why he felt the need to play that pass and also wonder why we he looked like a safe was falling on his head every time the ball went near him
And by the way I'm massive fan of his but he caused us untold problems yesterday with his panicky play when pressed and had me worried about why other managers have not thought he was up to it at this level

I don't blame Norwood either to be honest because Basham always had the safe option of simply clearing it up the pitch.

But Norwood generally has always been a concern of mine at PL level. He started well but will probably be 50/50 decent/anonymous. He shouldn't be playing every game and I can see Wilder keeping him in for too long. He does make the occasional mistake like this - not starting McBurnie yesterday for example.

A lot of people, myself included, felt a lot more secure with Cranie at RCB last season. Maybe Chris himself too considering he decided to play him there away at Leeds and put Bash in midfield. He could’ve put Lunny in midfield and kept Bash in defence - he didn’t.

Anyone suggesting it’s ‘bollocks’ that Bash isn’t quite up to scratch at this level is looking at it with rose tinted glasses quite frankly. I might have been a bit over emotional and quick in saying he’s not good enough, but I most certainly believe he’s the weakest in that back 5 and to move forward and improve we will need to improve on Bash. Great player for the bench but as our only RCB (Jags surely can’t do the same job at his age he’d be playing centrally) it’s a lot to ask.

And unfortunately we don’t have a like for like replacement. Callum Chambers would’ve been superb.

I don't blame Norwood either to be honest because Basham always had the safe option of simply clearing it up the pitch.

But Norwood generally has always been a concern of mine at PL level. He started well but will probably be 50/50 decent/anonymous. He shouldn't be playing every game and I can see Wilder keeping him in for too long. He does make the occasional mistake like this - not starting McBurnie yesterday for example.

Norwood’s started terribly slowly/sloppily in each game thus far. Can’t afford to play catch up in this league.

Here come the Norwood detractors....

No answers as to who plays the passing / playmaker role if he doesn’t play, but let’s drop him anyhow and play who in that role exactly?

People do remember Coutts has left don’t they?

Here come the Norwood detractors....

No answers as to who plays the passing / playmaker role if he doesn’t play, but let’s drop him anyhow and play who in that role exactly?

People do remember Coutts has left don’t they?
Would ‘he’s started slowly/sloppily in each game’ count as a detraction or just a matter of fact? I’d say the latter.

I wouldn’t drop him by any means.

Would ‘he’s started slowly/sloppily in each game’ count as a detraction or just a matter of fact? I’d say the latter.

I wouldn’t drop him by any means.

I would say he was excellent against Palace and in the last 20 minutes against Bournemouth. If anything is lacking it’s no longer having the option of a number 10 for him to play the ball to.

It may not have been his best game yesterday and yet he was still the one who was able to switch our play and get us moving.

He is the only option we have who can play that role. There is no one else.

I would say he was excellent against Palace and in the last 20 minutes against Bournemouth. If anything is lacking it’s no longer having the option of a number 10 for him to play the ball to.

It may not have been his best game yesterday and yet he was still the one who was able to switch our play and get us moving.

He is the only option we have who can play that role. There is no one else.
Which isn’t what I said. I said he’d started slowly. I’d agree against Palace he was great and towards the end against Bournemouth but he’s started really sloppily in each.

And for the record I think Besic could do his role. Not certain of that as I haven’t seen him too much but we haven’t ‘just’ got Norwood imo.

I have seen Besic for Everton and he isn’t a play maker.

I've only seen the goal once but my initial thought was that basham had nowhere to go and couldn't get the ball out of his feet to make the clearance he wanted to
I also thought he should have had a shout and the tackle on him was from behind and should have been a foul
But if you've seen it again you probably have a better view in it than me

I agree with Norwood for such an elegant player he made some shocking pases yesterday and just looked like he did

Palace, Newcastle and Bournemouth were all comfortably midtable last season and they lost between 17 and 19 games.

We're going to lose games, Spurs lost 13 and finished 4th.

People need to get over it and stop looking for small weaknesses as though we're going for the title.

No-one has been found wanting, a couple of sloppy passes and dispossessions can be worked on and will be learnt from and anyone can make that mistake.

We should obviously go for backups for Norwood and Bash, but "better" players than them make worse mistakes.

I'm watching Man City Vs Bournemouth and plenty of stars have shit the bed, Otamendi nearly gave them a goal, only Ederson's face saved them, De Bruyne did exactly what Bash did and got dispossessed in the centre and they broke and would have scored but for a crap shot.

We've constantly been evolving as a team for a while now. It is no stretch to think that we can go without someone playing the specific 'Norwood role'.

We'll have less possession in this league whether Norwood starts or not and will usually come up against more athletic opponents.

In the harder games it would make more sense to go with a 3 of Lundstram - Besic - Fleck.

Norwood should still start most games as it stands but he really needs to be consistent.

Bad game all round for us, and I suspect there may well be others too through out the season , It's all part of a learning curve I suppose, but how they go on in the next match will tell us more about the players than the last one.
I see the team we beat last week went on to beat Man U this, funny old game in it...……. :tumbleweed:

Back
Top Bottom