Basham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm still not convinced by Basham at this level but I think he will grow in confidence as the season goes on....should we stay up he's one we'd need to upgrade.

And JOC and Egan.

And Aston Villa's England CB Tyrone Mings who put it on a plate for Chambers today.

All defenders make mistakes, even the highly rated ones. Van Dijk shat the bed midweek.

Bash will get an understudy soon because he's getting on, but that's the only reason.
Oh, and don't forget Hendos howlers!!

I would rather have him starting alongside Maguire in the England team more than Keane that's for sure.

Don't think Tomori has done much more to be in the England squad either.

250 appearances on saturday and it was barely talked about. this also shows just how far we've come in 6 years. really is mad especially when looking at the defence

250 appearances on saturday and it was barely talked about. this also shows just how far we've come in 6 years. really is mad especially when looking at the defence

Does anyone over the age of sixteen not know how far we’ve come? And does anyone over the age of forty not remember that we went up quickly under Bassett too? Plenty of clubs have gone from the third division to the first in a short period of time. It’s a good achievement but it’s not remarkable. Mid table top division to mid table second division is our natural place.

Does anyone over the age of sixteen not know how far we’ve come? And does anyone over the age of forty not remember that we went up quickly under Bassett too? Plenty of clubs have gone from the third division to the first in a short period of time. It’s a good achievement but it’s not remarkable. Mid table top division to mid table second division is our natural place.
That would be true historically but whines to say that’s now not changed. Where we would we put Bournemouth or Leicester in terms of natural place. I get the logic and I’m not looking to provoke but I hope moving forward mid table Prem to top 4 could be our natural place. If we can keep investing and retain our best ever manager then our natural place is upward !

That would be true historically but whines to say that’s now not changed. Where we would we put Bournemouth or Leicester in terms of natural place. I get the logic and I’m not looking to provoke but I hope moving forward mid table Prem to top 4 could be our natural place. If we can keep investing and retain our best ever manager then our natural place is upward !
Bournemouth are likely to sink once their owner doesn’t want to keep putting money in (which may already be the case). Once they’ve been relegated, unless they bounce back quickly they’ll just be another Wigan.
Leicester are an odd one. They might actually be able to build something sustainable. But they had to win the league to start doing that.
The reality is that throughout my lifetime (and before), whilst some clubs have done well for short periods of time, the big clubs always tend to dominate. Clubs will go up and go down, overachieve and underachieve but usually find their way back to their natural position. Despite everything Clough did for Derby and Forest, they’re now back where he found them, all those years ago.

Bournemouth are likely to sink once their owner doesn’t want to keep putting money in (which may already be the case). Once they’ve been relegated, unless they bounce back quickly they’ll just be another Wigan.
Leicester are an odd one. They might actually be able to build something sustainable. But they had to win the league to start doing that.
The reality is that throughout my lifetime (and before), whilst some clubs have done well for short periods of time, the big clubs always tend to dominate. Clubs will go up and go down, overachieve and underachieve but usually find their way back to their natural position. Despite everything Clough did for Derby and Forest, they’re now back where he found them, all those years ago.
I can’t argue with that but I can dream we will be different ! Having started watching us in the 70s clearly I have thin and thinner tattooed somewhere !

I can’t argue with that but I can dream we will be different ! Having started watching us in the 70s clearly I have thin and thinner tattooed somewhere !
That’s the beauty of football, it may be unthinkable but it’s not impossible.

Some great defending with his telescopic legs from the world's no.1 right sided overlapping centre back.
Well done Bashambeard😍

Agree. Think he was our motm today. Individually I actually thought a lot of our players were well below par today. Bash, Mousset & Henderson probably the only three I thought gave really good performances.

Agree. Think he was our motm today. Individually I actually thought a lot of our players were well below par today. Bash, Mousset & Henderson probably the only three I thought gave really good performances.
Lundstram had a great first 70 minutes, but like last week tired. Not a criticism given the huge effort he puts in.

Lundstram had a great first 70 minutes, but like last week tired. Not a criticism given the huge effort he puts in.

yeah Lunny is running on fumes at the moment, maybe time to give him a rest and freshen it up a little.

Thought Lunny and fleck were not quite as good today, but saying that , chances created, we should have won really, which would have been a brilliant result

I'd have to disagree on that one. I thought he was as culpable as anybody for our wasteful final third play. Too many times he picked the wrong option, or didn't execute the right option well enough. His industry off the ball saves him from criticism from me though.

I'd have to disagree on that one. I thought he was as culpable as anybody for our wasteful final third play. Too many times he picked the wrong option, or didn't execute the right option well enough. His industry off the ball saves him from criticism from me though.

Yeah there's no doubt Lunny had a poor game today but still, by his recent performances, you can forgive him for it.

Just wasn't coming off for him today at all.

Back
Top Bottom