Basham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Akinbiyi

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately found out he’s not good enough. 3 games in. Early days but a good player doesn’t make that sort of mistake - simple as.

Big lessons to learn in 6 days. Hope he proves me wrong but I hope he’s got the right ideas for January - Chris Basham simply isn’t a premier league RCB.

Dont agree at this stage.

Yeah he made the mistake by dwelling on the ball and ultimately that cost us but the rest of his performance wasnt weak imho.

It's the Premier League and we're going to get punished for mistakes more than we have in the Championship and League 1.

We need to take a step back in our position and appreciate what stage we're at.

I was encouraged today considering the quality of the opposition compared to the last two teams. I've got my opinions on who should play next week for what little it may be worth but today has been the most relaxed I've been about a home defeat for a long time egen though I was still disappointed.

He knows our system, and he's consistently very good. He'll have the odd poor moment, people will say he's not good enough after the game, then he'll be solid for the next 20 games and everyone will praise him.

Then he'll make another mistake at some point. Rinse and repeat. It's been this way with Basham forever.

One mistake and out come the knives. Have a word! Bash is a brilliant player in our system and is integral to our success. If anything, isn't it telling that it took a mistake from us to let them into the game! We played very well indeed against a top side and Wilder was more than a tad OTT with his post-match interview.

Bash wasn’t the only one today, his mistake just led to a goal so lets hang him out to dry!!! Ollie had a mad 10 minutes when every pass went astray, Deano was beat on his near post, Lunny dipped below his last 2 performances, Callum was off the pace and the attendance was less than last week.

We have got where we are standing together and we will go forward doing the same.

Stop looking for scapegoats, losers have them ⚔️

I don't get how he's been found to be not good enough on one hand, and then say it's early days on the other. Which is it?

Freeman was as much to blame for dropping a massive bollock today. When we had them running scared on the counter, instead of passing to one of two team mates in attacking positions he completely fucked up a stepover, as badly as I would in a 5-a-side game. They take possession, hit us back and the subsequent passage of play results in them taking the lead. Are we saying he isn't good enough too?

Bash hadn't done much wrong before today.

Not that I agree with the original poster but ffs it’s painful listening to people commenting on today’s game on a one game basis. People infront of me today going mental when the strikers choose not to press, going mental when they aren’t seeing overlapping centre halves and going mental when we don’t shoot from 30
Yards, I appreciate your desire for united to do well I really do. But Jesus Christ give them the opportunity, this was before 10 minutes was out.

Bash wasn’t the only one today, his mistake just led to a goal so lets hang him out to dry!!! Ollie had a mad 10 minutes when every pass went astray, Deano was beat on his near post, Lunny dipped below his last 2 performances, Callum was off the pace and the attendance was less than last week.

We have got where we are standing together and we will go forward doing the same.

Stop looking for scapegoats, losers have them ⚔

Fair points. Is it too late for us to send Norwood, Henderson, Lundstram, and Robinson out on loan for some experience or are we stuck with them till Jan?

Collectively our movement off the ball wasn’t that great. We had numerous misplaced passes in the game, but a lot of that was down to us not showing quick enough to receive the ball.

I’ve not posted on here for a long time but I’ve got to respond to this. It’s incredibly harsh criticism of a player who has been consistently outstanding for us. Yes he made a big error and yes, we got punished but one of our major strengths is provided by Bash and O’Connell bursting forward. It’s a pretty high-risk strategy but generally works due to them both working very hard and being confident enough to keep trying. Confidence is absolutely key and the last thing they need is doubt being put in their mind. If anything today, we were a little bit too reluctant to play our normal game in the first half - but if we all jump on players for making (pretty rare) mistakes, we’ll contribute to stifling the strength of our own team. I’m sure Bash knows it was a bad mistake but he and Baldock were outstanding again going forward in the second half. I’m gutted that we didn’t take a point from the game but I’m also delighted that all of our players are showing they fully belong at this level.

Biggest difference between the Premier league and the Championship is you get punished much more frequently for your mistakes. That being said I don't think he did much else wrong for you other than that

He does look the weakest link. Nothing to do with his drive/tackling but on the ball no where near good enough at this level.
Bash is Bash and always has a howler in his locker nothing new! He will make up for it during the season.
He will go down the pecking order as the team developes,
that times not arrived yet and he is a valuable member of the squad.
Bash has a tremendous work ethic ! yes we need more than that to stabilise in the premiership but he will be part of what we do going forward for now.

Writing off a player has always been a cure for frustration and disappointment.

Unfortunately found out he’s not good enough. 3 games in. Early days but a good player doesn’t make that sort of mistake - simple as.

Big lessons to learn in 6 days. Hope he proves me wrong but I hope he’s got the right ideas for January - Chris Basham simply isn’t a premier league RCB.
Bullshit
Bash had a good game mistake apart and wouldn't have made it if not for a hospital ball from Norwood who had a shocker

Back
Top Bottom