Player Suggestion Barnsley Players.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I wasn’t actually referring to you, mate, but the facts are that Barnsley have been relegated. Isn’t it actually a better thing that we spent less but finished a lot higher? Would you have preferred it if we’d wasted a load of money just so we hadn’t spent less than them?

As you seem to know the facts, how much did we spend and how much did they spend?

Look at the reports online mate. Shows the spending of all the teams in the league. There are some surprises.

To progress we need to spend more money, to improve. Unless you know of any free agents that are going around that will improve us?

Look at the reports online mate. Shows the spending of all the teams in the league. There are some surprises.

To progress we need to spend more money, to improve. Unless you know of any free agents that are going around that will improve us?

You said you were talking about 'the facts', I assumed you'd have them to hand.

Anyhow, I've just done as you suggested and I found that Barnsley spent £5.75m on buying players but sold others for £4.32m, meaning they actually spent £1.43m.

We spent £5.08 million buying players and brought nothing in by selling players.

Money doesn't have to be spent to improve, it's getting the right players in that would provide improvement.

And as you say there are indeed some surprises. There were 7 teams who spent more than we did in regards to player purchases/sales. Reading, Wednesday, Leeds, Bristol City and Birmingham all finished below us, with Cardiff and Wolves finishing above us.

Anyhow, I've just done as you suggested and I found that Barnsley spent £5.75m on buying players but sold others for £4.32m, meaning they actually spent £1.43m.

We spent £5.08 million buying players and brought nothing in by selling players.

Money doesn't have to be spent to improve, it's getting the right players in that would provide improvement.
Conveniently forgetting the add ons from Maguire and Walker are we ?

Conveniently forgetting the add ons from Maguire and Walker are we ?

No I'm not. The website I was looking on didn't have that information as it was based on players bought and sold this season. If you can provide some info on that it would be useful however.

A BBC report on 19th July last year said we were due 10% of Walkers 45m fee and Maguires 17m fee...which if true means we got 6.2m

I'd would take moncur and Moore and Bradshaw

We received nearly £7m in sell-on fees from Walker and Maguire. So pipe down.

Barnsley players are all crap. They were relegated.

This is not the place to look for recruitment.

HH

So you’re saying that we made a profit this year?

If you don’t understand the point I was making there is no hope with you.

You ignored our income on player sales from Walker and Maguire. But included player sales from Barnsley.

You can argue over a few hundred thousand if you like. Maybe if I change it to Barnsley are spending similar if not more than us on transfer fees. If that makes you feel better. Then let’s go with that?

If you don’t understand the point I was making there is no hope with you.

You ignored our income on player sales from Walker and Maguire. But included player sales from Barnsley.

You can argue over a few hundred thousand if you like. Maybe if I change it to Barnsley are spending similar if not more than us on transfer fees. If that makes you feel better. Then let’s go with that?

What was the point you were making? As far as I recall I was arguing something with someone else and you've just jumped into the middle of it and you seem to have gotten yourself into a bit of a muddle.

Just for clarity I didn't ignore anything. I was talking about player recruitment and sales from this season. Maguire and Walker were sold a few seasons ago now. If I'm ignoring the money we received form the sales of Maguire and Walker then you're ignoring everything else that a club has to pay for. Unless you're arguing that we made a profit this last year?

Barnsley may be spending more than us, they may be spending less, you seem to be missing the point that it's actually a good thing if we have spent less. Would it make you feel better if we spent a shed load of money on any player we can get hold of just so you can say that at least we've spent something?

What was the point you were making? As far as I recall I was arguing something with someone else and you've just jumped into the middle of it and you seem to have gotten yourself into a bit of a muddle.

Just for clarity I didn't ignore anything. I was talking about player recruitment and sales from this season. Maguire and Walker were sold a few seasons ago now. If I'm ignoring the money we received form the sales of Maguire and Walker then you're ignoring everything else that a club has to pay for. Unless you're arguing that we made a profit this last year?

Barnsley may be spending more than us, they may be spending less, you seem to be missing the point that it's actually a good thing if we have spent less. Would it make you feel better if we spent a shed load of money on any player we can get hold of just so you can say that at least we've spent something?

Your comparing us spending money and staying in the same position. I believe if CW was trusted with more funds we would be in the playoffs now.

Same as next season I believe it CW is given a top half budget we will get the maximum out of it and maybe playoffs next season.

Again you ask me if have we made a profit last season? We have a positive net figure on transfers this season yes.

Your comparing us spending money and staying in the same position. I believe if CW was trusted with more funds we would be in the playoffs now.

Same as next season I believe it CW is given a top half budget we will get the maximum out of it and maybe playoffs next season.

Again you ask me if have we made a profit last season? We have a positive net figure on transfers this season yes.

So the club has made a profit?

Anyone heard about us being interested in Liam Lindsay CB at Barnsley?

No but he's definitely one I'd expect us to be looking at.

Based locally, and was their best player last season.

Wouldn't surprise me if we missed out on Egan, signed Lindsay and he turned out to be better.

No but he's definitely one I'd expect us to be looking at.

Based locally, and was their best player last season.

Wouldn't surprise me if we missed out on Egan, signed Lindsay and he turned out to be better.

If we were interested, we could offer Heneghan as a makeweight (either loan or permanent).

22 years old 6 foot 3 inches left footed good championship season under his belt.

Was just thinking about the Dingles going down. Two players I think would offer something,

Isgrove - decent enough player, pacey and a stand out in an abysmal team.

Mcburnie - not Barnsley's own, but seemingly out of contract this year so wouldn't cost much transfer wise. Striker so could fill a gap. Worth a punt?

Your ambition levels need adjusting. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom